You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Kilkenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:03pm
Be nice to see him demand the ball a little more. Very early on but so far he keeps sitting in and around West Brom players completley marked with no clear intention of getting into space to receive a pass.
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Be nice to see him demand the ball a little more. Very early on but so far he keeps sitting in and around West Brom players completley marked with no clear intention of getting into space to receive a pass.

The curse of Irish midfielders not wanting the ball. Jesus, can these players grow some balls.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:28pm
Not sure where thr whole not wanting the ball is coming from. Hes had some really nice touches but west brom are controlling the game.

He seems to like the long pass but always offers for the ball 
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:32pm
might not have seen a lot of ball, but what he has seen, has been very good. Looks very comfortable when he has it. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:37pm
Decend first half from an Irish perspective. O shea solid(good goal,) Robinson looking lively enough had goal ruled out and forced travers into a good save. Kilkenny few nice touches but his team getting over run in general, travers looks little nervous but is coming into the game more as it goes on.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:41pm
Travers is the busier keeper, he's had one bad kick out so far but has otherwise done OK. Down to his right for a good save to deny Robinson definitely the highlight.

The west brom keeper has been called into action a lot less than Travers but has made three or four bad kicks. Just for perspective.
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Decend first half from an Irish perspective. O shea solid(good goal,) Robinson looking lively enough had goal ruled out and forced travers into a good save. Kilkenny few nice touches but his team getting over run in general, travers looks little nervous but is coming into the game more as it goes on.
Absolutely spot on with d irish perspective. All 4 have done well, Travers has come into the game, after a slow start. 
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:00pm
have seen very little of kilkenny before tonight. Looks like a very composed player on the ball. Has given himself a real chance to feature a fair bit this season with all Bournemouth s injuries. Nobody would have seen him starting first game of the season after hardly getting a look in last year.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:13pm
From an Irish perspective we really are best off Bournemouth not losing this or even winning. Gives Kilkenny and Travers the platform to nail down a place where as I don’t see O’Shea or Robinson being put in the stands again if they lose today. 

Kilkenny having a great game looks the calmest passer on the pitch. Travers is vulnerable to high balls most improve that side of his game. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

From an Irish perspective we really are best off Bournemouth not losing this or even winning. Gives Kilkenny and Travers the platform to nail down a place where as I don’t see O’Shea or Robinson being put in the stands again if they lose today. 

Kilkenny having a great game looks the calmest passer on the pitch. Travers is vulnerable to high balls most improve that side of his game. 

O'Shea will be 1st choice all season. And prob Robinson also. 
I love beer gardens
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:29pm
Kilkenny hasn't done his prospects any harm at all tonight. O'Shea and Robinson have both been quality - Robinson has looked above the standard of this division previously and will likely do the same again this season. Just a shame he can't seem to establish himself in the Premier League.

Travers still looks a little shaky to me, hope he gets a run of games as he clearly needs it. For a big keeper he just doesn't look as commanding as he should be for his size.

Edited by You Tell Me - 06 Aug 2021 at 9:30pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:29pm
Exactly hence the point about we are better off Bournemouth not losing as if they lose there’s more  chance Travers in particular and Kilkenny lose their place then the two WBA lads.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:37pm
Really good, positive start to the season from an Irish perspective. Realistically the Premier League is likely to be of only limited interest to us this season so more big championship nights involving multiple Irish players like this one would be great to see.

Edited by You Tell Me - 06 Aug 2021 at 9:38pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:45pm
All four players getting the full 94 mins is very positive. Robinson looked good and took his goal very well indeed. Oshea was a monster at the back and played with a maturity of someone 10 years older.

Kilkenny and Travers playing their first league games and did themselves no harm at all. Really feel Kilkenny is going to grow from here. Travers looked good too, the tricky bit with keepers is they are more measured on mistakes more than anything else. I dont think he made very many and started to punch the ball away from difficult corners.

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:48pm
Bournemouth fans seem to be very vrey pleased with Kilkenny. Good news. You do fear with his height he might not get a chance in such a physical league.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:19pm
He was outstanding tonight at the heart of so much that was good about Bournemouth. I think when he gets more games he will get even better. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:22pm
I think what this game sums up for us is how much of a volume of promising young players we have 3 under 23 playing with Championship clubs. Outside of those 3 you have 
McNamara 
Taylor 
Knight 
Watson 
Ebosele 
Kioso
McGuinness
Bagan (potentially) 
Dunne
Masterson
Molumby (presumably)
Obafemi(potentially) 
etc I might be missing a few more. 

These are all before you bring in the lads in League 1,on the continent, in Scotland (Doyle Hayes in particular I’m warming to) Ireland (Scales etc linked with a move) the 03,04,05 born lads whom seem to be equally as promising underage and of course the 8-10 younger lads in the PL who are all 22 or under as we speak close to established in PL sides 18-20 matchday line ups. 

It’s going to be fun to see who will throw their hat into the ring for senior squad selection over the next 12 months or so. We could see plenty guys do so.  

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:29pm
There's also
Adam O'Reilly(20) Preston North End
Daniel Grant(20) Huddersfield
Eiran Cashin(19) Derby County
Ben Greenwood(18) Bournemouth

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
  Share Topic