You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Kilkenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gavin Kilkenny
    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 5:01pm
A real darkhorse. Grew up around the corner from me and first time ive really heard of him last few weeks. Heard his name in Irish squads but suprising he hasnt even featured for the 19s this year but considering the strenght at that level ye vould understand. From the few clips ive seen he looks ready for senior football and has a bit of quality to add to the strength. 
Sponsored Links

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 5:04pm
What are the odds he’s in the squad for Bournemouth this weekend?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

What are the odds he’s in the squad for Bournemouth this weekend?

I think he has an ok chance to be in the squad, he really impressed in preseason (although that means very little really) but Bournemouth seem to rate him very highly. 

May look to get a loan move but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get on the pitch for Bournemouth this season.

With Brooks and Gosling out injured there's a good chance he'll see game time this season. Not sure what strength in depth Bournemouth have but that performance against Lyon could see him on the bench for the opening game at home to Sheffield United.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 10:55pm
Club by Club preview in the Guardian had the following:

"The No 1 shirt, meanwhile, remains up for grabs, though Republic of Ireland international Mark Travers, who excelled on debut against Spurs, has a good chance of starting as the first-choice goalkeeper.

There are also young players who could force their way into Howe’s thinking, in the way Travers did last season. A 10-minute video clip of Howe mic’d up during a pre-season training session in La Manga in July went viral and Gavin Kilkenny – a regular for the Under-23s last season – was among those to make an impression. The 19-year-old Irishman arrived from Dublin side St Kevin’s Boys – where Robbie Brady and Jeff Hendrick started – following a successful trial three years ago."

It has been a long time since we had two young lads in the same club being mentioned for potential breakthrough by the UK media.

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:59am
https://afcbchimes.blogspot.com/2019/08/kilkenny-stars-in-afcbs-3-0-win-over.html

A great result for Bournemouth. The clean sheet is very timely going into the start of the new season and neither Ramsdale or Boruc looked under pressure very often. The real surprise was Gavin Kilkenny who lit up the first half with his fast breakaways on the right and his good vision. Billing and Anjuma fitted in well and Offoborh was very involved, while King and Wilson looked much more tuned in for this game. Steve Cook came through 66 minutes as well so a good day all round for.

AFCB Ratings

Ramsdale 6, A Smith 6, S Cook 6, Aké 7, Rico 5, Kilkenny 9, Billing 6, Offoborh 6, Anjuma 6, Wilson 7, King 7.

It's only a friendly but still promising to see. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 06 Aug 2019 at 12:01pm
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

https://afcbchimes.blogspot.com/2019/08/kilkenny-stars-in-afcbs-3-0-win-over.html

A great result for Bournemouth. The clean sheet is very timely going into the start of the new season and neither Ramsdale or Boruc looked under pressure very often. The real surprise was Gavin Kilkenny who lit up the first half with his fast breakaways on the right and his good vision. Billing and Anjuma fitted in well and Offoborh was very involved, while King and Wilson looked much more tuned in for this game. Steve Cook came through 66 minutes as well so a good day all round for.

AFCB Ratings

Ramsdale 6, A Smith 6, S Cook 6, Aké 7, Rico 5, Kilkenny 9, Billing 6, Offoborh 6, Anjuma 6, Wilson 7, King 7.

It's only a friendly but still promising to see. 

Why did Travers not play in this?
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 1:23pm
He played against Lazio, rotated keepers all pre-season. Begovic/Travers one game Ramsdale/Boruc the next. Clean slate between all 4 to get no.1 shirt for new season apparently.
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:20am
A bit strange that Brighton sent Mullumby out on loan yet they held onto Kilkenny who wasn’t in the squad for Toulon, was he injured at the time?
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:22am
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

A bit strange that Brighton sent Mullumby out on loan yet they held onto Kilkenny who wasn’t in the squad for Toulon, was he injured at the time?

He wasn’t available for Brighton. The reason remains a mystery.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:31am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

He wasn’t available for Brighton. The reason remains a mystery.

sh*te my bad Bournemouth Brigton ha
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:31am
I have a funny feeling he won’t play first team football for Brighton this year, in fact I’d go as far as saying I don’t think he will even make their u23 squad!!!
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

I have a funny feeling he won’t play first team football for Brighton this year, in fact I’d go as far as saying I don’t think he will even make their u23 squad!!!

According to Eddie Howe he's on the cusp of playing for the first team: 

Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:54am
BRIGHTONWinkWink
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:57am
Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

According to Eddie Howe he's on the cusp of playing for the first team: 

I think your right as much chance as aaron connolly starting for bournemouth
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 9:13pm
How is he doing vs Forest Green? Anyone know?
FunkyMonkey View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunkyMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:50pm
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 10:27pm

Classy goal
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 2:12pm
Kilkenny on the bench today... which is really great for the lad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
  Share Topic