You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joe Hodge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:50pm
How far away is he from a senior call-up?
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by gally gally wrote:

How far away is he from a senior call-up?

All going right for him I would honestly say 2 years. If Kenny does what he says I think gets an early cap in that timeframe
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 6:00pm
Is 18 too young to be heading somewhere on loan?
I guess not if you are good enough and I think this guy is.  He's 8 months younger than Parrott so I'm thinking it's far from impossible he gets senior games this season.

So if he did manage to get some games this upcoming season then who knows, could be a call-up within a year.

This is highly optimistic thinking on my part but sure why not Big smile
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Is 18 too young to be heading somewhere on loan?
I guess not if you are good enough and I think this guy is.  He's 8 months younger than Parrott so I'm thinking it's far from impossible he gets senior games this season.

So if he did manage to get some games this upcoming season then who knows, could be a call-up within a year.

This is highly optimistic thinking on my part but sure why not Big smile

I was thinking he won't go on loan til he is 18 at leastwhich is September. 18 is the perfect age imo. I think he will play 21's this year. and maybe get a call up the year after. Id love all these lads going to the Euros with the squad if we got there like. The Knights, Smallbones and Hodges of the world. Won't happen but like, may aswell have a young squad there and think of the the future. Great experience and we are not going to win the thing anyway.

Edited by Nialler - 31 Jul 2020 at 6:12pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:11pm
He's a talented player if a little on the small side. Hope it doesn't go against him too much. I would try and cap him though before a Rice situation emerges because he's good enough at the moment to get their attention.. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 12:07am
Kenny’s Kids has his highlights up on Twitter. There is some very impressive play there. He looks a real talent. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

He's a talented player if a little on the small side. Hope it doesn't go against him too much. I would try and cap him though before a Rice situation emerges because he's good enough at the moment to get their attention.. 

That's it tho. 
You see lots of underage lade who are top of their category because they developed faster etc. Time catches up on them. 
Hodge is the opposite - a small player who is still able to stand out while playing against lads two or three years his senior.
If anything, he'll be better again as he catches up on them development-wise. 
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 8:57pm
According to Kenny's Kids, He's been training with the first team.
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 7:50pm
This guy is the real deal not been impressed by a player as much as I have with Hodge in a very long time...hope we can keep him and Kenny is a fan.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by DR.HUGO DR.HUGO wrote:

This guy is the real deal not been impressed by a player as much as I have with Hodge in a very long time...hope we can keep him and Kenny is a fan.

Even Kenny is already talking him up almost with one eye on trying to sweeten up and get him thinking in our direction almost. 😂 Haven’t seen much of him but he looked exceptional in the U19s semi final against Portugal at 16. Hard to break through at City though tbf. Himself and Bazunu two outstanding prospects. 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 10:34pm
I really like the name Joe Hodge for some reason.

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 1:24am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

He sounds like a cowboy.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 2:00am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Sounds very English to me 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 2:15pm
We need Kenny to work some magic with Hodge. In the very limited amount of time I've seen him, he looks like a natural. 
The link with us is very small. He would be one that I would look to fast track, however controversial it may be to some!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 2:51pm
Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to taking the "Welsh approach" with him, so to speak. Realistically there are always a couple of places in our squads that are filled by guys who are unlikely to play and are just making up the numbers, why not use those places for something productive like getting Hodge involved? Kenny will quickly be able to make a judgement on him from his performances in training if he's worth capping early. If he is then great, he's there for you to do it; and if he's not then no harm done, you leave him to go away and work on his game for a while longer.
We're decent enough..
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 3:12pm
Just been announced as 17s player of the year.

O'Connor got the 21s and Afolabi got 19s. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to taking the "Welsh approach" with him, so to speak. Realistically there are always a couple of places in our squads that are filled by guys who are unlikely to play and are just making up the numbers, why not use those places for something productive like getting Hodge involved? Kenny will quickly be able to make a judgement on him from his performances in training if he's worth capping early. If he is then great, he's there for you to do it; and if he's not then no harm done, you leave him to go away and work on his game for a while longer.

Would agree with this, cap Hodge and Smallbone early in much the same way we did Obafemi. For one it removes any doubt to how committed they are, worst case they say they don't want to be capped and we can move on straight away.

and secondly, we don't go through any 6 month period where the player is thinking about his options.

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 9:21am
if he was welsh he would have about 6 caps already.

Should have been capped in these games. Need to think of the future and avoid another rice situation.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>
  Share Topic