You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joe Hodge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 40>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joe Hodge
    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:01pm
Deserves his own thread, exceptional for both u17s and u19s this summer, let's hope he sticks with us 
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:22pm
I think we're possibly getting a bit carried away here, he has clear potential and has had some great moments, but I wouldn't exactly say he's been running games. He's still very young so probably best to give him time to develop rather than over-hyping him just yet.
We're decent enough..
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:34pm
Has to start against the Swiss. It's a no brainer 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
PaConnors View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaConnors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:36pm
Hopefully we don't have another Grealish/Rice situation in a years. Still very young so a lot will depend on how he progresses the next two/three years. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:39pm
Very promising player. His link to Ireland is not that strong is it? A granny that moved to England. I'd be worried about losing him.
Kenny said the rice / grealish situation wouldn't have happened if managed better. Let's see it in practice then.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:45am
This lad is absolute quality. Needs to be capped. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:47am
El Puto Amo
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Very promising player. His link to Ireland is not that strong is it? A granny that moved to England. I'd be worried about losing him.
Kenny said the rice / grealish situation wouldn't have happened if managed better. Let's see it in practice then.

It's good that Stephen Kenny is out in Armenia and is even overseeing the training sessions. He's probably in the ear of all the young players and telling them they have a potential future in his team
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:11am
Scholar of the Year at Many City, didn't realise he'd broken his leg and ankle

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:41am
Such an exciting prospect.
I'd say he will benefit from Kenny's attitude where he said the young talents would be fast-tracked thru' the age groups as they see fit so every chance he's an U21 player sooner rather than later, even though he's only 18.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

I'd say he will benefit from Kenny's attitude where he said the young talents would be fast-tracked thru' the age groups as they see fit so every chance he's an U21 player sooner rather than later, even though he's only 18.

What are his links to Ireland is he likely to have his head turned 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

What are his links to Ireland is he likely to have his head turned 

Dublin Grandmother.
So tenuous!
He's played for Ireland and England underage, altho' only as a bit-player for England.  From listening to him talk, he seems to very much enjoy the Irish setup but we have to respect he is English born, to English parents and has lived there his whole life so there are no guarantees.

He is still a child at 17 and should not be getting asked about allegiance. Let him enjoy the game and when the time comes, he is free to choose as he likes.

But I think this is where Kenny could excel - a good connection with the youth players and joined-up thinking between the age groups where players see a pathway to the senior side. Hodge turns 18 in September and will still be very young, but I wonder how long it is until he is playing senior football somewhere.  Not long I'd say based on his unquestionable quality. I hope he makes the step up to senior level and plays for us there, but can't begrudge him if he doesn't.

PS, I see I contradicted myself on his age....apologies...he turns 18 in Sept.

Edited by Fozz - 31 Jul 2020 at 3:23pm
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:35pm
move to the ROTW section 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:35pm
He wasn't a bit part player. The English setup was very annoyed losing him (and fans) and his old man critiqued their whole setup heavily too and they decided he is playing for Ireland and he is fully committed. Started learning the Irish anthem too straight away. I would be quietly confident on this lad if he is treated accordingly and moved through the ranks fast.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

He wasn't a bit part player. The English setup was very annoyed losing him (and fans) and his old man critiqued their whole setup heavily too and they decided he is playing for Ireland and he is fully committed. Started learning the Irish anthem too straight away. I would be quietly confident on this lad if he is treated accordingly and moved through the ranks fast.

How do you know?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

move to the ROTW section 

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

I'd argue that being in the England U17 squad 5 times but only starting once, and getting 4 sub appearances qualifies as bit-part.
Compare that to Ireland U17 where he was in the squad 9 times and started every match.

I didn't know your other comments and they are encouraging.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

move to the ROTW section 
Move you to the banned section.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 40>
  Share Topic