You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 AFCON

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 AFCON
    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 12:26am
Anyone been watching on Eurosport?

Not watched it fully but I've kept up with the major headlines from the tournament so far - Egypt getting knocked out by South Africa. Ghana losing on penalties, again. And then you have Madagascar in their first ever tournament stomping over everyone including Nigeria in the Group Stages

Will be keeping an eye out for their next match against Tunisia
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 12:53am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Anyone been watching on Eurosport?

Not watched it fully but I've kept up with the major headlines from the tournament so far - Egypt getting knocked out by South Africa. Ghana losing on penalties, again. And then you have Madagascar in their first ever tournament stomping over everyone including Nigeria in the Group Stages

Will be keeping an eye out for their next match against Tunisia
Seen some of the games. Morocco have only themselves to blame for being knocked out in the round of 16 against Benin after Hakim Zayech missed a penalty (hit the post) with the last kick of the game at 0-0. Game went on to extra time and a penalty shoot-out which Morocco lost. Embarrassed

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 12:09pm

Watched a few games, the group stage games weren't the best but the later stages should be better. A few players making silly mistakes or trying things they aren't capable of lets them down. Some of the Uganda players looked impressive. Koulibaly looks really impressive at this level.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:55pm
Madagascar's dream is over. Kept it tight for 45 mins but once the first went in the floodgates kinda opened. 
Glad Tunisia didn't win AET as that's actually their first win within 90 minutes and they're into the semis Dead

Algeria vs Nigeria in the semi's you have to assume whoever wins will go onto the lift the trophy...
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 12:27am
Senegal the best team in the tournament (even accounting for Algeria beating them in the group stages). Hopefully they get it done. Senegal Nigeria final I'd like to see. 

If it's Algeria Senegal there will be war I'd say. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 10:52pm
95th minute winner from Mahrez sending Algeria through to the final

Tunisian own goal AET sending Senegal through
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

95th minute winner from Mahrez sending Algeria through to the final

Tunisian own goal AET sending Senegal through

Hopefully the massive outsiders Senegal come through in the end 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic