Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Liga thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 39>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 9:53pm
Basque derby for the Copa del Rey final. Athletic blessed to go through tonight. Away goals victory.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 10:09pm
Barca stay top of the league after Real Madrids defeat to Real Betis.

Edited by Double Maxim - 08 Mar 2020 at 10:09pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 9:07am
Classic Real - beat Barca in the top of the table 6 pointer, then lose to a bottom half team the following week
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 3:23am
On the FreeSports channel today  at 15.00L el clasico  Real Madrid v Barca from the 06/07 season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 7:00am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 12:04pm
Asensio out for over a year with injury, comes on last night and scores with his first touch after 30 seconds Clap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 10:45pm
Only watched the last 30 mins but Barcelona are a shadow of themselves.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Only watched the last 30 mins but Barcelona are a shadow of themselves.
It’s their third match in 6 days.

But you’re right all the same.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 19 Jun 2020 at 10:59pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 12:24am
Their shameful approach in the transfer market for the last 5 or so years has really come back to bite Barca in the arse. 

It wasn't anything overly groundbreaking but after Real Madrid won their 3rd CL crown in a row I knew after they had a major clear out that they were doing the right thing by investing in the best young Spanish and South American talent and slowly pulling away from signing the mega stars (obviously there have been exceptions)

It's frightening to see the talent they have out on loan currently, Hakimi, Odegaard, Kubo,Ceballos, Reguilon (finding form again) , Odriozola etc to compliment the likes of Valverde, Vinicius, Rodrygo etc make things look very healthy for them long term indeed imo. 

I feel Real will start to dominate Spanish football for the next 3-4 years (potentially the first of those titles this year),as Barca are on life support. 

Edited by Green Devil - 20 Jun 2020 at 12:34am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 10:03am
Alba, Pique, Rakitić, Busquets, Suarez, Messi and Vidal all in their 30's and some of those a stones throw away from retirement.

Griezmann is 29 too

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 12:38am
Johan Cruyff is 18/1 on oddschecker to be next Barcelona manager 
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Managing them from heaven, it’ll be a first.

Barcelona next manager is a huge call. It really is time for a rebuild, and with that many many millions to one spent. I read a few weeks ago the players wanted Kluivert to be the boss next year that was before an embarrassing performance. I wonder if Pep would fancy it? It’s become more obvious he’s done all he can in England. Setién was never up to the job, I use to go to quite a few Betis games 2 years ago when he improved Betis. He done well with limited funds in the shadow of their city rivals Seville. Most outside of Spain probably don’t realise Betis is even in Sevilla. 
Henry doesn’t have the experience of Europe as a manager, but he’s learnt man management skills now. Managing Barcelona is unlike any club in the world, they expect to win, but win with a brand of football. Messi is getting on now. Before De Boer decdided to ruin his management career I’d of thought he’d of fitted in to the culture. Koeman is probably their best fit, he knows the club having played there for 6 years, and under Cruyff. Erik ten Hag of Ajax would also fit into their culture, he’s done superbly with Ajax and developed a bunch of new talent. De Jong could be doing with his old partner Van De Beek next year along with Neres. A strong Dutch theme to my ideas, Holland and Barcelona go hand in hand.

Genuinely can’t wait to see who they pick to lead their rebuild. 

Edited by Olaf - 16 Aug 2020 at 1:11am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Managing them from heaven, it’ll be a first.

Yea bit mean from the bookies
Could add a few 0s onto the price 
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 1:14am
I think it would be a toss up between Erik ten Hag and Koeman for me. On paper ten Hag is built for Barcelona. He plays their attacking style of football, breeds young talent and his Ajax team play the Cruyff/Pep way.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 1:22am
Poch is the man for that job now. Dont see Koeman leaving Holland job. Poch still a top manager IMO and does not seem a roll over man. That or just get Messi as player manager.
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 1:31am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Poch is the man for that job now. Dont see Koeman leaving Holland job. Poch still a top manager IMO and does not seem a roll over man. That or just get Messi as player manager.

Poch managed and played for Espanyol for many years. That’s the main issue, and it’s quite a large one. Zidane wouldnt manage Atletico, and Lennon wouldn’t manage Rangers. He’d also be a good fit, but I just see it as a huge hurdle for both manager and fans.

Edited by Olaf - 16 Aug 2020 at 1:36am
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 2:30am
Patrick O’Connell managed Betis to their only ever Liga title !!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Patrick O’Connell managed Betis to their only ever Liga title !!

CoolClapCool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 39>
  Share Topic