You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions league 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 60>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

In my opinion Bayern Munich are the strongest side in Europe, they have the best number 9 in the world in Lewandowski, the best CM in the world in Thiago and the best right back in the world in Kimmich.

Coutinho will be a great signing for them and Neuer looks back to his best.
They look very good but stronger than Liverpool, the team who knocked them out last year? Stronger than City with the players they have? Not sure. Can't stand Lewandowski, biggest diving coont around
Wouldn't like to judge BM on the evidence of one game, but what most impressed me about last night was the way they demonstrated perfectly all the old cliches about German football: ruthless, efficient, professional, battle-hardened etc.

Of course, the first half hour showed how a top team might still get amongst them if they press them hard up front from the very beginning, Which should offer hope to Liverpool (esp) and City.

But for me, the key to them is not Lewandowski, fine player though he obviously is, but Gnabry, who was absolutely unstoppable on the break last night (same for the NT in Belfast last month Ouch)

Either way, they should be strong contenders for the CL again this season, possibly more so than recent seasons.
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 12:53pm
Baggio’s fuming a non EPL team is getting praised
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

In my opinion Bayern Munich are the strongest side in Europe, they have the best number 9 in the world in Lewandowski, the best CM in the world in Thiago and the best right back in the world in Kimmich.

They look very good but stronger than Liverpool, the team who knocked them out last year? Stronger than City with the players they have? Not sure. Can't stand Lewandowski, biggest diving coont around
Wouldn't like to judge BM on the evidence of one game, but what most impressed me about last night was the way they demonstrated perfectly all the old cliches about German football: ruthless, efficient, professional, battle-hardened etc.

Of course, the first half hour showed how a top team might still get amongst them if they press them hard up front from the very beginning, Which should offer hope to Liverpool (esp) and City.

But for me, the key to them is not Lewandowski, fine player though he obviously is, but Gnabry, who was absolutely unstoppable on the break last night (same for the NT in Belfast last month Ouch)

Either way, they should be strong contenders for the CL again this season, possibly more so than recent seasons.

I would say Thiago is their main man. Spurs had success in the first half when he wasn't on the pitch, the second half he dictated the game and like most games rarely lost the ball! His assist for Gnabry was unreal, the complete midfielder Clap
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 1:15pm

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I would say Thiago is their main man. Spurs had success in the first half when he wasn't on the pitch, the second half he dictated the game and like most games rarely lost the ball! His assist for Gnabry was unreal, the complete midfielder Clap
Great player. Still can't beleive Barca let him go.

If the draw is favourable, Bayern should get to the Semis. I'd fancy them to beat most teams.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 1:17pm

Fair point - I guess you always need someone to load the gun, as well as someone to fire it.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Baggio’s fuming a non EPL team is getting praised

Yeah i'm fuming Confused

They were brilliant, as I've already said if you cared to read. I praised them myself already this morning. Why would I have been on for Tottenham?

Only saw the highlights but they seemed a joy to watch. On the week that some on here were bemoaning the demise of many big clubs around Europe, Bayern put in that performance. Absolutely clinical.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 Oct 2019 at 1:56pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 6:01pm
Was fuming when Wenger let Gnabry leave. Everyone could see how talented he was, and he wasn't getting enough time on the pitch to show it. Now it's possible that he wanted to return to Germany anyway, but can't help feel more should have been done to keep him.

Would agree with Terri about Spurs being the better side in the first half. Absolute capitulation in the 2nd half though.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:28pm
Just turned on Barcelona vs Inter Milan and my first reaction was... clive tyldesley oh how I’ve missed your commentary!
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:39pm
Liverpool are going to lose 3-8
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Just turned on Barcelona vs Inter Milan and my first reaction was... clive tyldesley oh how I’ve missed your commentary!
I thought he would turn up with Tommy Robinson! Where is he these days? Apart from Barcelona in 1999...
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

I thought he would turn up with Tommy Robinson! Where is he these days? Apart from Barcelona in 1999...

Iconic partnership with Andy Townsend is no more but he’s still a God in the commentary business. 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:47pm
Leave Andy in his truck! You need Big Ron.

Edited by pre Madonna - 02 Oct 2019 at 8:47pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Leave Andy in his truck! You need Big Ron.

Big Ron is too loose with his tongue! He’s a ticking time bomb!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 9:01pm
Clive and Ron are the perfect racist roadshow.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 9:13pm
Keith Andrews commentary:

''Whatzzz a stoike!''

''So much qualitssy!''

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 9:15pm
Add to that:
''He was notzz offsoide''
''Whattzzz are you waitsing on?!''

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Liverpool are going to lose 3-8

Cool

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 9:17pm
Suarez with a stunning volley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 60>
  Share Topic