Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions league 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 60>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:06pm
De Bruyne was immense, best player over both legs. 
In a way the early goal for Dortmund did them no favours, they barely mustered a dangerous attack again in the game and had 9 or 10 men behind the ball for the next 45 minutes of play. 

Step up in class now for City in their next game, will need an improved performance in both legs

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:07pm
Foden running to celebrate his winning goal with Pep, the man who ruined his career by not loaning him to Rotherham two years ago to get 46 games in the Championship
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Foden running to celebrate his winning goal with Pep, the man who ruined his career by not loaning him to Rotherham two years ago to get 46 games in the Championship

LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:27pm

In a way the early goal for Dortmund did them no favours, they barely mustered a dangerous attack again in the game and had 9 or 10 men behind the ball for the next 45 minutes of play. 

Step up in class now for City in their next game, will need an improved performance in both legs

I love the way you hint that City are underdogs in some way LOLWink

Had City backed at 7/4 before this round the win the CL. If they get past PSG they'll definitely win it. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Had City backed at 7/4 before this round the win the CL. If they get past PSG they'll definitely win it. 

It’s a fact though, Dortmund are a nice team to watch but they aren’t at the levels of PSG/Bayern.

I think it’s a 50/50 game, though I’m leaning towards PSG to go through. 

7/4 was a terrible price before this round, you can get them at 7/5 now.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 14 Apr 2021 at 10:33pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:31pm
Its probably a 50/50 game. Step up in class definitely. 
That PSG front 3 could rip anyone apart and win a game in ten minutes. They've knocked out Barcelona and Bayern so far. 
Its not exactly Burton Albion
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:39pm
City are favourites to get past PSG no? 

Edited by irishmufc - 14 Apr 2021 at 10:41pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

It’s a fact though, Dortmund are a nice team to watch but they aren’t at the levels of PSG/Bayern.

I only go through my local bookie for handiness sakes. He'll match PP's odds and it saves me a potential trip (when they're open) to one.  I don't bet that much or online. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:55pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I only go through my local bookie for handiness sakes. He'll match PP's odds and it saves me a potential trip (when they're open) to one.  I don't bet that much or online. 

Fair enough! Trying to quit online gambling myself.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 11:50pm

Its probably a 50/50 game. Step up in class definitely. 
That PSG front 3 could rip anyone apart and win a game in ten minutes. They've knocked out Barcelona and Bayern so far. 
Its not exactly Burton Albion

City have struggled against pacey forwards on the counter attack....and that’s more or less psg’s game.I agree,psgs front 3 could tear city apart.

hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 11:51pm

But don't you think it amazing how he's suddenly become a genuinely top class player in the space of just a few months, when he was so average last season he started a mere 13 of City's PL games, completing just four of them? (Two PL starts the previous season Shocked)

Fact is, it's precisely because he is so good that it was ridiculous that he wasn't being given his head long before now, at least during last season, when it was soon clear that City weren't going to catch Liverpool, nor finish outside the Top Four.

Oh and while we're here, who was suggesting a loan to Rotherham? Confused

P.S. Did you notice Jude Bellingham tonight? You know, the 17 y.o. Jude Bellingham who made his 39th appearance for Rotherham er, Borussia Dortmund tonight...

Edited by Territorial - 14 Apr 2021 at 11:56pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 11:55pm
You wanted him to emulate Mason Mount and go on loan to the championship 

Pep has managed and nurtured him perfectly IMO
All that scare mongering after he signed a new contract a few years ago has proven to be bollocks 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:02am
My money is on madrid to win the champions league. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:07am

You wanted him to emulate Mason Mount and go on loan to the championship 

Pep has managed and nurtured him perfectly IMO
All that scare mongering after he signed a new contract a few years ago has proven to be bollocks 
No, I didn't specify the Championship, I said he should go to a club fit for his talent. You know, like a certain Jadon Sancho for instance, who left entirely when it became clear he wasn't going to be getting as many starts as he might have liked.

As for Mount, when it became clear that he wasn't going to get regular starts at the Bridge either, he persuaded the club to grant him a loan to a club where they knew he'd get particular attention under Fat Frank.

And the way he's torn up the PL this season (21 in August) shows that his loan hardly held him back any, doesn't it?

All of which is reflected in their England careers to date - Mount 18 caps, Sancho 16 caps, Foden 6 caps.

Edited by Territorial - 15 Apr 2021 at 12:09am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:11am
He’s had 4 years of being coached by one of the best coaches in the world, has made 114 appearances in that time for his boyhood club, has won countless trophies, has just scored in both legs of a CL quarter final, and will probably start for England in the euros 

I’m sure he’ll forego a few caps against Andorra and San Marino for all that 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:27am

He’s had 4 years of being coached by one of the best coaches in the world, has made 114 appearances in that time for his boyhood club, has won countless trophies, has just scored in both legs of a CL quarter final, and will probably start for England in the euros 

He'd still have been coached by PG and won all those trophies had he been picked to start! The real question is whether his game would have benefitted more from actual playing time in big games.

On which point his outstanding performances this season support my case , which is that he deserved far more proper* game time than he actually got, whether with City, or somewhere else.

Simple question: Do you think he wasn't good enough last season to be a regular starter in what was by City's high standards, a pretty average side?

* - When you have a moment, can you tell me how many of those 114 appearances were in minor cups, or CL dead rubbers etc? How many were starts? How many minutes per game did he get? I do know that only 65 were in the games that really count (PL), the majority of them off the bench, often for just the last few minutes, with the game already well won.

Edited by Territorial - 15 Apr 2021 at 12:33am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:34am
He was very inconsistent last season, had plenty of poor performances 
One at Old Trafford just before lockdown springs to mind. 
Since football resumed in July and into this season he’s looked to be at a different level. Maybe it’s a maturity thing, maybe he’s learned, maybe he’s even, dare I say it, been handled well by his manager, putting him in and out of the team as he sees fit to learn and get better. 

He wasn’t in the team every week at the start of this season and is now finishing the season strongly
Maybe his manager knew how to time it so he wasn’t burned out and flat come April/May

I reiterate my belief, all things considered PG couldn’t have handled his career much better thus far 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Apr 2021 at 12:36am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:37am

He was very inconsistent last season, had plenty of poor performances 
One at Old Trafford just before lockdown springs to mind. 

Does that mean you don't think he was good enough to justify far more game time than he actually got?

A simple "Yes" or "No" will suffice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 60>
  Share Topic