Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions league 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 60>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Great decision by Arsenal to let Gnabry go. Sure they have Pepe!

Arsenal weren’t even playing tonight and you’re talking about them in a thread of a tournament they aren’t even in 

Hated adored but never ignored 
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Arsenal weren’t even playing tonight and you’re talking about them in a thread of a tournament they aren’t even in 

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:01pm

I was looking for the Arsenal thread to post it in!
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:04pm

LOL
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:05pm
Pochetino might have stayed on a season too long. Real Madrid might still come calling but if the season gets worse his stock may drop. Football is a fickle business.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:08pm

LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:28pm
Turned the spurs game off at half time to watch the bbc documentary about The Troubles.  7 focking 2!!

Poch is having a Klopp last season at Dortmund season . Well sort of.    Can see him leaving real soon. Wink
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Turned the spurs game off at half time to watch the bbc documentary about The Troubles.  7 focking 2!!

Which bomb was that? 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 7:35am
In my opinion Bayern Munich are the strongest side in Europe, they have the best number 9 in the world in Lewandowski, the best CM in the world in Thiago and the best right back in the world in Kimmich.

Coutinho will be a great signing for them and Neuer looks back to his best.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:49am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

In my opinion Bayern Munich are the strongest side in Europe, they have the best number 9 in the world in Lewandowski, the best CM in the world in Thiago and the best right back in the world in Kimmich.

Have they overtaken PSG then?
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 10:12am

They look very good but stronger than Liverpool, the team who knocked them out last year? Stronger than City with the players they have? Not sure. Can't stand Lewandowski, biggest diving coont around
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 10:14am
They were brilliant last night, loved the second Gnabry goal where he took the long pass while running at high speed.
Some of Spurs' defending was shocking mind. Thought Lloris could have got to a few of the goals as well
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 11:04am
It was Spurs. 

I will certainly make no judegements on how good Bayern are this season based on watching that game. Some cracking goals by Gnabry, for a player never to have scored in the Champions League before 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 11:55am
The mad thing is, Spurs were the better side for the first half hour. Son missed a scoreable (word?) chance early on and attempted another while Kane was waiting for a tap-in, even before he got his goal.

Kimmich's equaliser was a fabulous break - it happens - and Bayern came back strongly for the last 15 mins of the half. Of course, Spurs should have just held on to go in level at H-T, but a calamitous bit of defending at a corner presented BM with, well, a present.

Second half started, Aurier made a horrible mistake, bang, goal.

Then Winks made another, bang, goal.

BM then made a mistake of their own, a penalty conceded on the hour, Kane scores (obv) and even at 4-2 you thought Spurs might still claw something back somehow, a la Ajax away.

Then another feckin mistake (Toby?), and another, and another (probably, I was watching through my fingers) and it was one almighty WTF! Ouch

After the Soton game, I had thought things were getting back on track, but last night reflected Wenger's observation that while it can take months to build confidence, you can lose it in an evening (or somesuch).

So minor changes won't be enough, there needs to be a big clear-out in January - Eriksen, Aurier, Wanyama, maybe Rose - and some quality replacements signed, esp a RB.

Then get Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Ndembele (esp) properly fit and integrated into the team, and concentrate on finishing Top Four at all costs.

Of course this is now a huge ask, but I believe as much as ever that's there's no better man for the job than Poch, meaning Levy's first priority must be giving him whatever he wants to keep him.

Edited by Territorial - 02 Oct 2019 at 11:55am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 12:20pm

Have they overtaken PSG then?

Yes.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

They look very good but stronger than Liverpool, the team who knocked them out last year? Stronger than City with the players they have? Not sure. Can't stand Lewandowski, biggest diving coont around

In my opinion yes.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 12:35pm

In my opinion yes.

Surprising
I thought you only dealt in fact
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 12:43pm

In my opinion yes.

Surprising
I thought you only dealt in fact

touché LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 60>
  Share Topic