You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst Ever Senior Finals Moments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 4:17pm
to quote freewheeler... regarding finals, McGrath's header hitting the post in Gelsenkirchen followed then by Kieft's jammy offside goal (when offside meant offside), absolute sickners.

thats was bad luck for a good team. but its football.. saipan was really really really bad .. that was our generations civil war total f'up by everyone including that ex-irish times reporter.. dirty b*llix..it was his interview/article
packie mistake in orlando was very dissapointing  but werent at the races after italy and i remember being in orlando after that thinking how to get home ....
Come on Irelind
Sponsored Links

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 4:26pm
Deleted as I now read the thread Embarrassed
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 4:58pm
I don't remember the Belgium game being that bad, we should have had a penalty and a possible red card for alderweireld after he kicked long in the head, I think they scored from the counter on that move.

Now I'd say that would have gone to VAR and who knows I'll agree Belgium were the much better team but that game could have been a hell of a lot different had decisions gone our way 
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I don't remember the Belgium game being that bad, we should have had a penalty and a possible red card for alderweireld after he kicked long in the head, I think they scored from the counter on that move.

Now I'd say that would have gone to VAR and who knows I'll agree Belgium were the much better team but that game could have been a hell of a lot different had decisions gone our way 

Yeah twas nil all at half time in bordeaux? 
Touts Out!
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Yeah twas nil all at half time in bordeaux? 

It was indeed. I remember thinking we had half a chance against a very good Belgium side but in theory our midfield were chasing butterflies.

Completely outclassed in the end.
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Crosby87 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crosby87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 7:02pm
Oh man. I remember my final in Quantum Mechanics senior year.... I hadn't gone to class in months because it was at noon and I watched a 90210 rerun every day at noon on what was then the FX Network.

That was a tough day. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 8:47pm

That was an awful game.  Playing  aimless hoofball to Shane Long. The defence was a mess as well.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:35pm
Belgian game was grim lads. Maybe cos I totally stayed off the gargle before the game means it remains in my memory more than many of yiz. 3-0 was kind to us. We were utter sh*te.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 3:10am
Spain 2012.
Torture.
We didn't get a kick.
The end of a tournament in the most humiliating way

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 6:23am
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Spain 2012.
Torture.
We didn't get a kick.

We played another game after that (I know we were knocked out after that result but our tournament wasn't over) 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 9:14am

Spain 2012.
Torture.
We didn't get a kick.

Spain were arguably one of the best international sides ever!

And to think Georgia (2017 away) had more possession than this Spain team is more worrying.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 9:52am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Spain 2012.
Torture.
We didn't get a kick.

And to think Georgia (2017 away) had more possession than this Spain team is more worrying.

I had to google that as it seems unbelievable-

33% v Spain (not sure how we got that much!)
Only 26%  v Georgia.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Spain 2012.
Torture.
We didn't get a kick.

I had to google that as it seems unbelievable-

33% v Spain (not sure how we got that much!)
Only 26%  v Georgia.

Does picking the ball out of the back of the net and walking it up the field count?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic