Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LOI in Europe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 25>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 9:51pm
Shams make the breakthrough Clap 1-0
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 10:16pm
great result Dundalk , real chance of progression now
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

tense one in tallaght by the looks. Was going to watch this but then realised they’d get money off me, so I went out and cleared up the dogs sh*te from the back garden instead.
Jesus Billy, would you not let her go inside ? 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 10:26pm
Great few weeks for LOI clubs in Europe. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 10:46pm
It's funny - Bohs will be delighted that there's no away goals rule while Dundalk will be gutted! (Personally think it should have been kept but anyway)

Its been a fantastic week. However Bohs and Dundalk still are underdogs despite their results. Either going through would be in the upper echelons of Irish European miracles. Presumably Dundalk are playing in Tallaght, right?

Rovers also could have done with more than a 1 goal lead to take to Albania. I'd make them slight favourites but it's still a tricky tie.

2 teams in the hat for the next round would be a phenomenal achievement 

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 10:50pm
Ya 2 would be good all three would be unbelievable. Shams on paper seem to have the best chance. Very interesting to see how we go.
I love beer gardens
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 11:53pm
Great great results all round for the coefficient....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 12:04am
I don’t like the fact that Rovers dropped into the conference league from the champions league. I think they should have got a crack at the Europa league and then the conference league if they lost the Europa league tie. Maybe it’s worked out better for them with the champions path in the conference league. 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 12:07am
Results like Dundalk's tonight are beginning to feel less like flukes and more like the rewards of previous experience and improvement that they've picked up by playing regularly enough in the Europa League.

It's great to see all three of Dundalk, Rovers and Bohs playing decent attacking, passing football against continental sides and getting good results. All three have a heap of young talented players on their books and this can only bode well for both the League and the senior international team in years to come.

These results, along with a clear desire from fans to attend football post lockdown have me feeling very positive about our league at the moment. It's such a shame that RTE haven't broadcast any of these games, there are clear signs of improvement in the overall standard.
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 12:28am
Rovers were all over the albanias, tbere behavior wad terriblr droping evet two minutes, roverd will go through, but i think greeks will do a job on bohs
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Absolutely great results. Exactly what will all these results mean for Irish teams in Europe next year. Will there be some of our teams back in the Europa league competition rather than the conference for example because of a better coefficient or what will the main benefits be . 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Absolutely great results. Exactly what will all these results mean for Irish teams in Europe next year. Will there be some of our teams back in the Europa league competition rather than the conference for example because of a better coefficient or what will the main benefits be . 
I read that we were losing a lot of points and expected to drop so it mighn't be as big a jump or any as you would think
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 1:59am

Up to 39 from 46 according to uefa calculator on twitter

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 06 Aug 2021 at 1:59am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 4:40am
Well done ALL our reps in Europe . That goal to give Donedalk a 2-1 lead was ace ,Thumbs Up . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:50am
What a week in Europe. Well done all teams. Superb Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:54am
The coefficient is done on a rolling 5 years, so Dundalk getting to the group stages would’ve dropped off this year so it’s great we’ve not only recovered but climbed with our results over the last few weeks. 

Would agree with Brissy above, Bohs would be the biggest worry, playing in potentially 40degrees too. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:16am
Originally posted by brissy brissy wrote:

Rovers were all over the albanias, tbere behavior wad terriblr droping evet two minutes, roverd will go through, but i think greeks will do a job on bohs

Some amount of sh1thousery from them from the get go. Don't think there was a corner or a free into the box that one of them didn't roll around on the ground for a while after but two of them (including the keeper who made a miracle recovery in the 2nd half after it looked like his career was over) just sat down on the goal line before the corner was taken to waste time was a new one. 

Great relief to get the goal in the end and would be very confident of getting more over there if they decide to come out and play.

Great week for LOI Clap 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:33am
I'm sure they'll set up differently for the 2nd leg but Teuta showed absolutely nothing to suggest they have the better of Rovers last night. 0-0 was the gameplan from the start, and they nearly got it to be fair. I don't think they had the ball in Rovers' half once in the 2nd half.

Edited by RobsYourUncle - 06 Aug 2021 at 10:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 25>
  Share Topic