You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connor Ronan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 10:22pm
McGrath is in Portugal with the team tonight, I doubt he's on the move unless a serious offer has come in all of a sudden as the likes of Hourihane stayed behind to sort out his move with Randolph being left out to sort his.

I dont follow St Mirren or Scottish football all that closely but does McGrath not play mostly out wide for them? Livescore usually have him wide right and I know from his time at Dundalk he played there a lot.
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 10:28pm
Wow, forgot all about Ronan seeing as hes been too old for u21s.

Is it fair to say he's not anywhere near a senior call? I haven't heard how he got on at grasshopper

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Is it fair to say he's not anywhere near a senior call? I haven't heard how he got on at grasshopper

Looked to have got very well, their fans seemed to have rated him anyway from what I read on Twitter during games and he played in 30 of 32 games he was available for. Missed their last 2 games having fractured his metatarsal though. Think hes still out with it for another few weeks.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

They walked the league and he played a big part in it. I was hoping he'd go back there & play Swiss top flight. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 11:27pm
Seems to have done OK in most of his loan moves - was popular with the Blackpool support also, and did alright in Slovakia.

But it seems like his loans are getting worse each time. Blackpool would have been League 1 at the time, then the Swiss second division, albeit a well known club. Now one of the weaker SPL sides. I'd say he'll do well again, but he doesn't seem to be progressing in the game.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Seems to have done OK in most of his loan moves - was popular with the Blackpool support also, and did alright in Slovakia.

But it seems like his loans are getting worse each time. Blackpool would have been League 1 at the time, then the Swiss second division, albeit a well known club. Now one of the weaker SPL sides. I'd say he'll do well again, but he doesn't seem to be progressing in the game.
Any way we can blame Stephen Kenny for it? 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 11:46pm
He's to blame for enough without pinning this one on him to be fair.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 11:57pm

Just like he’s to blame for dropping Randolph & not contacting him…. Gotcha Clap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 7:47am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Just like he’s to blame for dropping Randolph & not contacting him…. Gotcha Clap

I think I was fairly clear regarding Randolph when I posted:

"If Randolph hasn't made himself unavailable I would say that's bordering on hugely disrespectful towards him from Kenny."

If Randolph has made himself unavailable then that's obviously fine. We still don't know for definite either way other than a suggestion of a club move from Dan McDonnell, but hopefully that's all it is.

Kenny has no credit at all in the bank given results in the past year so his cheerleaders are going to have to accept that, until he shows at least some capability as an international manager (which he hasn't done yet), odd selections like that will raise questions. His omission of Randolph and Clark was a concern to begin with. Kenny simply can't make any more mistakes if he wants to keep his job past this autumn, that's the reality of it now.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 9:23am
Deleted for personal abuse, consider that a warning 

Edited by nvidic - 31 Aug 2021 at 10:04am
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 9:33am
LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 10:05am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

you freak.

Nice contribution to the discussion there. Thanks for that.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 10:18am
Games gone mad.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Hmmm...plays the exact same position as McGrath, right?
We expecting a move there so before tomorrow night?

Grasshopper had him playing deeper as a 6 mostly. If McGrath moves they may well play him as a 10, or have him deeper in midfield alongside Alan Power if McGrath stays.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 2:38pm
Starts today for St Mirren along side McGrath.

looks like McGrath on the right with Ronan in the middle.
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 5:07pm
How did the game go for both of them, anyone know?

The odd thing for me about Conor Ronan is getting used to a player who has two first names..
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

The odd thing for me about Conor Ronan is getting used to a player who has two first names..

Or two surnames
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

If Flynn Clarke ever declares for us we could arrange some kind of swap deal between them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
  Share Topic