You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connor Ronan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 6:21pm
Loan at Dunajská Streda has expired so he's returned to Wolves. Hopefully they've another loan lined up for him before the end of the month because it's hard to see him getting many minutes at Wolves, if any.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 8:17pm
Can't see him getting a run at Wolves. I'd like to see him play at a higher level than he's been at though, because he's a good player. Don't think he's at all suited to the English lower leagues though. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 8:46pm
Championship loan maybe ? League 1 wouldn't do him much good.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 9:02pm
He's 22 in a couple of months so I would think it's time to look at a serious run in a team. 

I think he's a good player so hopefully can find games.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 1:25pm
Yep, himself, Coventry and Molumby have been excellent for the 21's.
Now CC has a loan we can hope he gets good minutes in for the rest of the season.
Really hope Ronan gets likewise somewhere up from the Slovakian league.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 3:08pm
Gone on loan to Blackpool, who are currently 13th in league one.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 3:44pm
Hope he does well there.
He's a quality little player.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Hope he does well there.

League 1?? I think we can safely say that's is career over. He'll never amount to anything.....
That's how it works around here - Right??!!

Must keep an eye out and see how he gets on - Has impressed me also with the bits of seen of him. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 4:12pm
Really pleased he's got this move for the rest of the season, he's a really good player and I think he'll get some game time here.

It would have been a bit of a disaster had he just stayed at wolves for the rest of the season. Now he's going to get that all important competitive experience for a lad his age.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Hope he does well there.

League 1?? I think we can safely say that's is career over. He'll never amount to anything.....
That's how it works around here - Right??!!

Must keep an eye out and see how he gets on - Has impressed me also with the bits of seen of him. 

No not really.

He'll be playing with a number of other players from the 21's who also went on loan with an opportunity to impress their parent clubs.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 5:30pm
Incidentally Blackpool's next game is away to Lincoln tomorrow, who now have Zack Elbouzedi and Conor Coventry in their ranks. One to keep an eye on.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:58pm
Wes' move to League 2 got me thinking about Ronan.

A type of player we rarely have and I'm curious to see where the new season finds him.
We also lack such a #10 in the senior squad (I know we may have Byrne and do like him as a player but far from proven) and I'd love to think Ronan could get a decent loan (Champ level or on the continent) that could put him into contention for a senior call-up, sooner rather than later.

If he stuck in the Wolves reserves, or loaned to L1 again, then you have to imagine he's no better an option that Byrne.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 11:01pm
The Byrne hasn't proven himself again theory. Fcuk sake.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Wes' move to League 2 got me thinking about Ronan.

A type of player we rarely have and I'm curious to see where the new season finds him.
We also lack such a #10 in the senior squad (I know we may have Byrne and do like him as a player but far from proven) and I'd love to think Ronan could get a decent loan (Champ level or on the continent) that could put him into contention for a senior call-up, sooner rather than later.

If he stuck in the Wolves reserves, or loaned to L1 again, then you have to imagine he's no better an option that Byrne.

I can see Ronan making it (full international and possible Premier League player) but may have to take the long route like Wes. Spell in Slovakia restored some confidence and Blackpool stint was better than Portsmouth and Walsall loans. 
I think he's a cracking player and want to see him do well. 
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 11:15pm
It's really hard to predict how his career is going to go, he has really impressed me for the 21s anytime I have seen him play but I don't think he will make it in the PL anytime soon anyway. Would definitely like to see him go to a European league. If he did and got regular game time I think he could find himself in the senior squad fairly quickly.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:50am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

The Byrne hasn't proven himself again theory. Fcuk sake.

What's the problem?  He hasn't at International level or a level approaching it.
Neither has Ronan so this is not a dig at Byrne who'd I'd love to see push on, but playing LOI is not pushing on, regardless of how much we'd like it to be.

I'm happy to see Byrne in the squad and even get game-time as he brings something different, but to  suggest he is anything but unproven at this level is farcical.

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 11:49am
Confirms he's returning from injury and will be available for the U-21's. So much for the gloomy predictions after he hadn't appeared in the first few Grasshopper squads of the season.
We're decent enough..
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 11:52am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Confirms he's returning from injury and will be available for the U-21's. So much for the gloomy predictions after he hadn't appeared in the first few Grasshopper squads of the season.

Saw that and was abut to comment.
Good news and I hope he is fit as he's a massive talent at U21 level for us.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
  Share Topic