FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connor Ronan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 2:54pm
has ronan been entered in the 25 man squad?
Sponsored Links

SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Where has Gibbs White played? Would have thought they'd go more 4-2-3-1 with GW playing further ahead of Neves and Dendoncker.

Gibbs-White has been playing right wing /inside forward in a 433 with Neves, Dendoncker and Moutinho in the midfield. I think we changed in game to 4231 a few times but he was still an attacking player.

Ronan played deeper, he looked decent there did his bit defensively and was spraying some passes that would make Ruben Neves proud. Admitted played against lesser opposition with the 'B' team but think Lage really wanted to ingrained his ideal starting team in the bigger games. To me he could play in a midfield 3 easily or as cover for the no 10 (Podence the main option there) in a 4231.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 2:35pm
I'd say he should just go for it, balls out of the bath on this one, give it his all up until January and see where he is in the team.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 2:34pm
Where has Gibbs White played? Would have thought they'd go more 4-2-3-1 with GW playing further ahead of Neves and Dendoncker.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 2:32pm
Hopefully the five subs rule this season will give more of a chance to squad players like Ronan.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 2:29pm
Well looks pretty likely he will be on the bench tommorow as no move appears imminent and he was one of the better performers of the reserve options in preseason... being older than about 12 like the others helped him out there. Tongue

I genuinely hope he gets some time, we played 433 on preaseason and have 3 senior midfielders (probably addition before deadline day but 5 for 3 places isn't unreasonable) so he has a good chance. Think he should get his opportunity with minutes off the bench/cup starts and then see how he does and if it doesn't work then he can go in January. 
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

At 24 can he really benefit from having a handful of games at wolves this season at best? 

Coventry spent a season at mkdons and played a good amount of consecutive games and looks better for it. 

Ronan has had plenty games out on loan under his belt. He's not like Kilkenny or Smallbone that don't have those games and need them to improve. 

Wolves will likely sign Nunes before the year is out so if he stays he will be 5th choice. He should stick around Mourinho is 37 he can't play every game he will likely be on the bench too for plenty games and with 5 subs might see regular gametime off the bench. 

An injury or two and the door opens further not to mention Cup games. 15 or more appearances for Wolves this season would actually do his CV the power of good if he wanted to go in a year or two he could manufacture a better move then Aberdeen anyways. Any day he does play he's playing with proper midfielders too so lovely conditions go impress! 

agree with this, i think this is a good time to give it a crack at wolves. if he doesn't play first half of the season, obviously move on. but seems like lage rates him somewhat
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 1:35pm

At 24 can he really benefit from having a handful of games at wolves this season at best? 

Coventry spent a season at mkdons and played a good amount of consecutive games and looks better for it. 

Ronan has had plenty games out on loan under his belt. He's not like Kilkenny or Smallbone that don't have those games and need them to improve. 

Wolves will likely sign Nunes before the year is out so if he stays he will be 5th choice. He should stick around Mourinho is 37 he can't play every game he will likely be on the bench too for plenty games and with 5 subs might see regular gametime off the bench. 

An injury or two and the door opens further not to mention Cup games. 15 or more appearances for Wolves this season would actually do his CV the power of good if he wanted to go in a year or two he could manufacture a better move then Aberdeen anyways. Any day he does play he's playing with proper midfielders too so lovely conditions go impress! 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 1:17pm

If Aberdeen is his only option atm he'd probably be better off spending at least half a season at Wolves if Lage wants to keep him around. If Hearts were interested at least he'd be playing group stage European football.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 12:25pm

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:52am
Did an interview with Birmingham Live over the weekend.

"At the moment, no (I don't know),” said Ronan, when asked about his future. "I'm just taking each day as it comes. There's conversations to be had with the club to see where my future is going forward.

"I'm just happy to have had the chance. What used to get to me a little bit was when I came back from loans feeling like I'd done well and not getting that opportunity.

"I feel like now I've got that opportunity. If the gaffer chooses to send me on loan again or I'm not quite right for him, I can take that because I've had the chance to get in front of him.”

The next question receives a quick response. Do you want to stay? "One hundred per cent. That's the dream for every young lad growing up (to play in the Premier League). Just to be around it is a great experience but I want to stay at the football club, there's no doubt about that.”

With Wolves lack of signings and squad size could be a chance they'll keep him around as back up. Luke Cundle was fourth choice CM last season while also playing U23s.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 7:12pm
If he doesn't make June then he will certainly see the pitch before the years out I think. 

Ronan is going to be one of the most intriguing players this summer just to see where he ends up. Is it a million to one he stays with Wolves?

The St Pauli link was massively interesting think it would be a good move would suit him (attacking football the Bundesliga 2nd division) and it would put him in the shop window for a move to the top flight if not Germany maybe one of the other Leagues just outside Europe's Top 5 Leagues! 

He's 24 so still plenty time for him to get to that level. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 3:42pm
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2022/0505/1296261-ronan-returns-to-wolves-to-have-injury-assessed/

Back with Wolves for treatment.
Be such bad timing if he misses out on the June squad because of this.
These 4 matches will need a big squad and rotation will be key.
With McGrath unlikely to feature (certainly shouldn't be in the squad), I would have hoped we'd see Ronan make his debut in a role we are not blessed with much strength in depth.

Still 3 weeks+ before squad is named so he has time, depending on the injury.

Edited by Fozz - 05 May 2022 at 3:43pm
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 11:23pm
I seen he got goal of the season too but I didn't see which goal it was for, was it the one against Rangers?

Edited by darman28 - 02 May 2022 at 11:23pm
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 5:23pm
Great stuff. Has the potential anyway
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 8:13am
Didn't realize he was 24 already. 

Would prefer to see him playing at a top league one side or a lower Championship side if he's good enough for it. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 3:22am
be interesting to see where he ends up next year
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 11:09pm
Wins the St Mirren player of the year award and by all accounts it wasn't even close between him and anyone else.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 20>
  Share Topic