Connor Ronan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

The highest level he's played at is one of the worst teams in the Scottish Premiership and a Swiss second division team with a couple of abortive loan spells in League One mixed in. He's also never played in the PL and that's unlikely to change this year.

The wages thing isn't shocking, the absurdity of giving him such a long-term contract is. But that happened ages ago.

Making things up again, are we?

Went to Portsmouth on loan in January 2018 and stayed until the end of the season.
Went to Walsall on a half season loan and stayed until it's conclusion.
Went to Blackpool in January 2020 and stayed until the season was curtailed by Covid.
Which one of those loan spells was "abortive" then?

I notice you also neglected to mention the spell with one of the top Slovak sides competing to get into the Uefa Cup.

It's really peculiar how Ronan getting in and around the Wolves first team this year has drawn your ire to such an extent, usually fans of the Ireland national team would be happy to see Irish players make progress - but then you don't acknowledge people like Ronan as Irish, do you?

Edited by The O'Shea - 06 Sep 2022 at 3:19pm
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 2:54pm

The highest level he's played at is one of the worst teams in the Scottish Premiership and a Swiss second division team with a couple of abortive loan spells in League One mixed in. He's also never played in the PL and that's unlikely to change this year.

The wages thing isn't shocking, the absurdity of giving him such a long-term contract is. But that happened ages ago.

Don't be ridiculous, several articles online stating he's on £4k a week. 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 2:51pm

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 2:45pm
That's just ridiculous, he's hardly earning less than me and I'm on f**k all

https://footballarroyo.co.uk/connor-ronan/

https://salarysport.com/football/player/connor-ronan/

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 06 Sep 2022 at 2:47pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 2:42pm
Highly doubt he signed a four year contract on those wages. Probably want to be adding £200k on to that figure.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

These things are usually only guesswork at best, but Connor Ronan is reported today to be the second lowest paid player in the Premier League on £769 per week (£40,000 a year).

As you mentioned guess work. Those websites that purport to know the salaries of players are complete crap
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

These things are usually only guesswork at best, but Connor Ronan is reported today to be the second lowest paid player in the Premier League on £769 per week (£40,000 a year).

If he is the second lowest paid player coupled with the fact that he's 24 years old, so not a young lad in football terms, then he only has himself to blame.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 2:31pm
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 7:36am

Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Is Ronan still underage for the Irish u21s?

Yes, himself and Doherty are still eligible for the next campaign.
LOL
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Yes, himself and Doherty are still eligible for the next campaign.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 10:33pm
No, he turns 25 this season
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 10:28pm

Edited by pateen - 05 Sep 2022 at 10:29pm
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 10:25pm
He's clearly a class above as he should be at that level. Gave his all which I respect him for as many over age players wouldn't fancy a youth game on a stormy miserable night in Kidderminster. LOL

Hodge not standing out as much as last week but clearly a class act he's everywhere. Harkin is the world's smallest no 9 he made Ronan looks big in comparison but he's decent in the role very tenacious at winning the ball back and driving forwards. 

Wasn't paying much attention to O'Neill but he seemed lively and skilfull.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 8:03pm
Starts (no.10) with Joe Hodge (No.8) & Lee Harkin (no.9) for Wolves U21s vs Fulham U21s (Ollie O'Neill captains - no.11)

Live stream here:

Edited by Greenie50 - 05 Sep 2022 at 8:10pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 3:20pm
On the bench today vs Southampton.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 8:38pm
I can't see him get much, if any, gametime.
Just a backup in case of a major injury crisis.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 7:19pm
https://twitter.com/LiamKeen_Star/status/1565402289510170624?t=nM_WlJGw8JotDCH3DJbrhg&s=19

Well he is staying then, hope we actually give him a chance to prove worth at least off the bench or I will be annoyed from an Irish perspective.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Dendoncker on his way to Villa so Ronan probably going no where this season unless they bring signings in which is unlikely.

He's too old to be hanging around for a few Carabao Cup minutes - hope he lands somewhere before the day is out, although shouts for his inclusion in a senior squad any time soon seem far fetched at this point and really just based on the position he plays in rather than any serious level of achievement in the game.

Highly doubtful. Was back on the bench last night and would be 4th choice with Cundle being sent to Swansea on loan. Chem Campbell is there too but looks more like an attacking midfielder and someone who'd play across the front three.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
  Share Topic