FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connor Ronan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 2:03pm
Argentina have MLS players in there squad along with other top tier nations if Ronan does well then why not but needs to be getting good numbers to warrant a call up no doubt.
Sponsored Links

SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:58pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:50pm
We'll have to see. He needs a settled spell at a club before we know his true ceiling yet still young enough he's never had that. Wolves wouldn't have kept him around for so long and given him long term contracts if he didn't have ability.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:46pm
To be honest I think we are to some extent. Obviously if someone is tearing it up in the MLS they'd come into contention, but your average run of the mill MLS player is unlikely to be good enough for us (I'm thinking Derek Williams, Jon Gallagher, Jake Mulraney as recent examples).
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:38pm
We aren't that good as a nation we can turn our nose up at the MLS. No worse than the SPL outside of Celtic or bottom half championship. Plenty in that league play for decent level nations. He's a good player but needs gametime.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 1:09pm
I think if he goes to the MLS that will probably be pretty much the last we see of him. In any case he seems to be a little bit short of the level we need unfortunately. For the most part we're moving on from having to pick League 1 players (Knight the big exception) and that seems like it's about Ronan's level.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 11:48am
Linked with an unnamed MLS club.

Strange career he's having though I don't hate the idea. MLS is getting stronger as a league and is a high profile enough stage to get a good move back to Europe at some point if he impresses. He needs games. As for Ireland I don't think playing for an MLS club is any worse than choosing from bottom half championship/L1/SPL. There was MLS players at the world cup so shouldn't rule him out.

Edited by SC92 - 18 Jan 2023 at 11:51am
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 6:29pm
Ya I agree he should leave Wolves ASAP and get on with his career.
Wasn't he told he would be given his chance at the start of the season also, with his chance being a 1 minute sub in the premier league and 1 start in the league cup, was subbed off on the 65 minute for that match too. I would not call 66 minutes of football giving a player his chance. 
I would like to see them move to a club were he starts regularly and could become an option for Ireland. It is clear he will not get much gametime at Wolves, even if he was given his "chance" there.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 1:59pm
Yeah it's common sense that a move now is more beneficial than sitting on his arse at Wolves. Even forgetting any Ireland related stuff he's gonna have better offers in the summer from clubs if he's playing regularly between now and the summer.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2023 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I'd say he'll be gone by the end of the month, despite what the manager said. 25 in a couple of months, he needs to find a club at a lower level now where he will play every week.

So in other words, he's 24. Whether he leaves now or in the summer will make no difference at all, he's right to take his chance.

I'd say it could make quite a large difference actually.

He's played about 70mins of football this season (5mins in the PL). Wolves are looking to sign a new CM (and are in a relegation battle), so chances of more minutes in the second half of the season look extremely slim (regardless of what Lopetegui says).

I think it's pretty clear he isn't going to play any major part at Wolves. Getting involved with Ireland could help him get a better move in the summer. But he isn't going to get an Ireland call up sitting on the Wolves bench.

If he goes somewhere now and is playing regularly, he puts himself in the frame for the Euro qualifiers for the whole campaign and would have a good shot at getting his debut vs Latvia in March. If he does well there he becomes an option for the Gibraltar/Greece fixtures.

If he waits until the summer, then half the Euros quals are gone (March, June,) he wouldn't be thrown in vs France or Netherlands in September, so then you're talking October (Greece/Gibraltar) but that's probably too late anyway as another player could have taken that potential spot in the squad by then.
So maybe he gets a cap in the November friendly when it's all done...

Being involved in the Euro qualifiers, or not, could be a pretty big crossroads in his career. He's got a big decision to make in the next couple of weeks.

Spot on. Move now and don't waste another half a season. 
It's not me it's you:-)
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I'd say he'll be gone by the end of the month, despite what the manager said. 25 in a couple of months, he needs to find a club at a lower level now where he will play every week.

So in other words, he's 24. Whether he leaves now or in the summer will make no difference at all, he's right to take his chance.

I'd say it could make quite a large difference actually.

He's played about 70mins of football this season (5mins in the PL). Wolves are looking to sign a new CM (and are in a relegation battle), so chances of more minutes in the second half of the season look extremely slim (regardless of what Lopetegui says).

I think it's pretty clear he isn't going to play any major part at Wolves. Getting involved with Ireland could help him get a better move in the summer. But he isn't going to get an Ireland call up sitting on the Wolves bench.

If he goes somewhere now and is playing regularly, he puts himself in the frame for the Euro qualifiers for the whole campaign and would have a good shot at getting his debut vs Latvia in March. If he does well there he becomes an option for the Gibraltar/Greece fixtures.

If he waits until the summer, then half the Euros quals are gone (March, June,) he wouldn't be thrown in vs France or Netherlands in September, so then you're talking October (Greece/Gibraltar) but that's probably too late anyway as another player could have taken that potential spot in the squad by then.
So maybe he gets a cap in the November friendly when it's all done...

Being involved in the Euro qualifiers, or not, could be a pretty big crossroads in his career. He's got a big decision to make in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Greenie50 - 11 Jan 2023 at 11:09pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 10:03pm
Well if he doesn't move this month he'll be 25 before he plays any decent amount of football again, put it that way.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 9:33pm

We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 7:07pm

Edited by You Tell Me - 11 Jan 2023 at 7:08pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 7:03pm
You would think promises of minutes would get Ronan a run in the EFL Cup, but apparently not.

I'd much rather the lad take this into his own hands & go out on loan to play every week. It's abundantly clear he's not going to get much gametime for Wolves.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 1:16pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 10:24pm
I see Huddersfield, Cardiff & Coventry also mentioned as interested clubs.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 3:02am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
  Share Topic