You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super duper monster transfers Summer 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Why not offer Icardi to Man U as part of Lukaku deal

Might happen, I suppose, but there's the same old complicating factor: Lukaku is "homegrown", whereas Icardi isn't (obv).

Ideally OGS would prefer the cash for Lukaku to spend on his preferred choice, who may or may not be a striker, and may or may not be homegrown (i.e. expensive).
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Might happen, I suppose, but there's the same old complicating factor: Lukaku is "homegrown", whereas Icardi isn't (obv).

Ideally OGS would prefer the cash for Lukaku to spend on his preferred choice, who may or may not be a striker, and may or may not be homegrown (i.e. expensive).

Not sure why you're still beating the homegrown stick in regards to Utd when it was clearly explained to you they have no issues at all.
In the words of the Disney movie 'Frozen' - Let it go.

Utd want Dybala anyhow, player only returned from holiday today which is why things went a bit quieter at that front.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 4:12pm
United have made an £80m bid for Maguire now according to journalists on twitter

City have reopened talks with Juve for Cancelo

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 5:06pm
I saw Maguire really close up during a pre-season game and his head is even bigger than I thought; and I thought it was f**king huge!
He should be scoring forty a season with it! 

Edited by pre Madonna - 01 Aug 2019 at 5:07pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Not sure why you're still beating the homegrown stick in regards to Utd when it was clearly explained to you they have no issues at all.
Thank you for that.

While you're here, can you explain to me again the difference between "patronising" and "condescending"?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Pretty quiet transfer window for the English clubs really.

Ndombele and Rodri about £60m each, AWB and Haller at £45m the only really big money signings, must admit I hadn't heard of any of them this time last year. Lots of around £20m range after that.

You'd imagine there'd be a big splash in the final week

Totally agree.

Even the players Madrid bought (bar Hazard) weren’t big names.

The wage demands are so big I think a lot of managers are worried about upsetting the dressing room.

Sanchez salary at Man U is obviously causing issues as he’s not delivered anything.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Did Spurs not re-sign Llorente?

No, still a free agent.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Pretty quiet transfer window for the English clubs really.

(From yesterday i.e. prior to Maguire to MU)

"Premier League clubs have spent £922m and counting with just seven days remaining until the transfer window closes.

Yet for the first time in more than a decade, they look set to be usurped from the top of the spending table by La Liga's summer spree, which has already passed the £1bn mark for the very first time."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49137973

I reckon La Liga has been spooked by the PL monopolising last season's two Europeam finals, though the weak pound hasn't helped English clubs either.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:17pm
£922m, wouldn’t have thought it was that much 

Has been a quiet enough window so far
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 1:21pm
It hasn't really been that quiet though, its only that the top 6 haven't done a whole lot bar Man U, who may not be finished yet. City, Spurs & Arsenal bought one major signing each, Liverpool only a couple of young lads for small money, Chelsea have a transfer ban. 

Outside of that, Villa have bought basically an entire new team, Sheff U have spent huge money by their standards, Everton have bought a few, while Maguire's transfer will have a knock on effect for Leicster and whatever team they buy their replacement from, maybe Tarowski or Dunk, there's been a lot of 10m-30m type transfers taking place outside of the top 6. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 1:34pm
I think it’s been more underwhelming given the number of transfers. But I think that’s a product of some clubs being satisfied with what they’ve got. Man City got their man in Rodri. Chelsea’s embargo meant they could only upgrade with what they have. Spurs have paid big for one player. Liverpool have stayed out of the window. While Man United have spent, they have struggled to attract big European names.

Watford, Bournemouth and Palace have been relatively static, while West Ham have just replaced what they lost. Villa and Sheffield United are spending big to sustain themselves. Leicester and Everton have made some loan deals permanent, which generally doesn’t excite fans, while NUFC are looking at around a £15 million net spend.

It’s basically most teams have done small, but consequential amounts of business.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 3:17pm
Arsenal have been busy enough in fairness. But some of the signings are flying under the radar with Ceballos being a loan, Martinelli being 18 and relatively unheard of, and Saliba being sent back on loan.

Villa have been the busiest by far. It'll be interesting to see how 12 new players can integrate into the squad.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 3:56pm
Cancelo to City seems to be on
Danilo going to Juve as part of the deal
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 8:49pm
United pull the plug on Dybala deal the Telegraph are reporting 

They’re also not in for Bruno Fernandes the bbc are saying

£27m plus Danilo for Joao Cancelo, to be completed tomorrow according to Di Marzio
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 9:03pm
United go for Dybala and end with Mandzukic LOLLOLLOL f**kin hell they’ve turned into some sh*tshow
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 12:28am
Spurs have been discussing Lo Celso, Bruno Fernandez, Ryan Sessegnon, Paulo Dybala, and even Coutinho

Latest is that they will sign Sessegnon for about 30m with Josh Onomah also going the other way.

I think they will sign 1 of Lo Celso or Fernandez .....probably Lo Celso as he is cheaper and an Argie around the 50m mark too.

They very good news for Ireland is that looks like Parrot has done enough to be back up for Kane. It seems that they are happy not to sign Llorente again. In fairness Parrot did very well in preseason

Edited by Barna Bee - 05 Aug 2019 at 12:30am
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 8:52am
Yeah he had a cracker alright Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Arsenal have been busy enough in fairness. But some of the signings are flying under the radar with Ceballos being a loan, Martinelli being 18 and relatively unheard of, and Saliba being sent back on loan.

Villa have been the busiest by far. It'll be interesting to see how 12 new players can integrate into the squad.

Unless we sign a couple of quality defenders this week it'll once more be a case of needing to score 2 goals or more in the vast majority of matches this season in order to get a win. Clean sheets will be far and few between (just 8 last season). Koscielny will be a huge loss.

Edited by colemanY2K - 05 Aug 2019 at 11:48am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic