Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super duper monster transfers Summer 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 5:42pm
Kieran Trippier going to Atlético Madrid 
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I can see why he moved (probably doubled his wages at least) but I don't understand the transfer fee. £20M just seems way to low for an International player with 3 years left on his contract.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 9:16pm
A good price for Atlético
The first choice England right back for £20m
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I can see why he moved (probably doubled his wages at least) but I don't understand the transfer fee. £20M just seems way to low for an International player with 3 years left on his contract.

Thought it was very low too, especially considering how Levy operates, and how transfer fees have inflated over the last couple of seasons. You could actually say that signing England's RB/RWB for that amount is a bargain.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 10:42pm

A good price for Atlético
The first choice England right back for £20m
No longer 1st choice - was dropped by Southgate for the NL Finals:
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1132744/England-Gareth-Southgate-Kieran-Trippier-Nations-League

He was utterly crap last season for Spurs, but had been excellent the previous two, replacing Kyle Walker seemlessly.

And he was brilliant for England out in Russia as recently as 2018:
"He was named in the 23-man England national team squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. On 11 July 2018, Trippier scored his first England goal, opening the scoring with a free-kick in a 2–1 extra-time loss to Croatia in Moscow. He was injured in extra time with all substitutions played, so England played the final ten minutes with ten men. He was widely praised as one of the best performers for the England team at the World Cup, particularly for his crosses and dead-ball delivery on set pieces, prompting comparison with David Beckham. He was ranked the most creative player of the tournament, having created 24 chances in all games played."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieran_Trippier

Quite a fall, but I still cannot believe the low fee, esp when Tyrone Mings went to Villa for the same upfront fee, plus add-ons!
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 11:51pm
There’s hardly an Eriksen deal to Athletico in the pipeline is there?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 7:34am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

There’s hardly an Eriksen deal to Athletico in the pipeline is there?

*Atletico
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:52pm
Some non super douper transfers have been in here lately. 

Coconut Face is on the verge of leaving Real Madrid - it hasn't been leaked so it's not Man United. He's 30 years old - a remotivated Bale will be the outstanding buy of the summer 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:08am
Bale is a strange one.
Won 4 Chmps League with Real, multi millionaire, yet still holding out for a big money move.
He’s 30.
Surely take a wage drop and go team that will be 2nd/3rd/4th in Eng/Italy/Germany.
Says himself and family happy and settled in Spain.
Apparently he’s learnt 5 words in Spanish.
My 9 year old knows more Spanish words than that from watching YouTube videos of Messi etc.
Ramos organised a team building dinner a few months ago, Bale didn’t go because he likes to be in bed by 10pm every night.
Obviously he’s being advised to hold out for more money but surely there comes a time when you take a hit and move on.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 6:39am
I think Real/ZZ are being disrespectful to Bale.
He helped them win the champions league etc and now they seem to be forcing him out of the club in public. 
At least do it behind closed doors.

He is reportedly on 500/600k per week. Very few clubs can pay those wages and the way Real are disrespecting him he’s not going to leave for any less.
This could get messy.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 3:27pm
I don't remember a similar situation where a manager has been this vocal about trying to get a player out of the club. I'd be interested to hear Bale's side, as Zidane has said that Bale ruled himself out of playing in the previous and upcoming friendly.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 3:30pm
Nabil Fekir joins Real Betis for 20m. Very odd transfer considering they were looking for 50m from Liverpool last year. Lyon will also receive 50% of sell-on fees, which can't be a great move for Betis.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 3:36pm
Lo Celso leaving Real Betis for Tottenham. Sessegnon deal all but complete aswell. 3 good signings for Spurs and looking very like Toby will be signing a new contract. Eriksen also. Good to have some competition in midfield.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Nabil Fekir joins Real Betis for 20m. Very odd transfer considering they were looking for 50m from Liverpool last year. Lyon will also receive 50% of sell-on fees, which can't be a great move for Betis.

he was at the end of his contarct and would have left for free next Summer I think 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 4:17pm
Boring transfer window so far.   Jim White will be turning in his grave.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 4:20pm
Bale to a Chinese club would be a boizzare one, can't see it happening though. 

A fit and fired up Bale is a level just below Ronaldo and Messi - if PSG got money for Neymar and Bale joined, it would work out very well. Mbappe wants to play through the middle so it suits the team too. 

Neymar's circus at Madrid would be an apt place for him 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Bale to a Chinese club would be a boizzare one, can't see it happening though. 

A fit and fired up Bale is a level just below Ronaldo and Messi - if PSG got money for Neymar and Bale joined, it would work out very well. Mbappe wants to play through the middle so it suits the team too. 

Neymar's circus at Madrid would be an apt place for him 

Would only happen if Real were prepared to let him go for a minimal fee. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I suppose lyon have a bit of a fall back there with the sell on fees. 20 mill does seem a bargain for fekir for betis. Going to betis seems a little strange though. Lyon would be a a bigger club one would argue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic