Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super duper monster transfers Summer 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Joao Felix to Atletico for £113 mil done.

Now that's a super duper transfer. Now to google who Joao Felix is

He looks a lovely player, bit like Kaka imo. Again though only 1 full season under his belt and I think that hat trick in the Europa Knockout stages coloured people's opinions. Actually think he could be a brilliant player, but going to Atletico doesn't make sense to me. He's not Simeones type of player. Unless Simeone is trying to tweak the way he sets up again.

Yeah reminds me a lot of Kaka, agree it's an odd transfer considering how Atletico play.

But he has a good eye for a pass so perhaps that's what they want from him as part of their counter attack. 

I'd say that griezmann will be leaving shortly too so it will be interesting to see how things go next season for them 
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

An alternative is a sustainability fund. If football clubs are being run on the basis of continued qualification for major tournaments, winning prizes, tv money, transfer windfalls and debt that is simply not a sustainable model. Leeds United learned that the hard way. The fact that there has even been talk about writing off transfer fees and letting players go for free shows how flippant teams can
potentially be with money.

Spurs have done their level best, but would there example be followed? 

Leeds was 15 years ago, and most clubs have learned from their lunacy.

Or as Deloittes put it:
"The financial results for the 2016/17 season may well be viewed in the future as the defining moment in the delivery of sustained profitability by football clubs competing in the Premier League."
https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/cz/Documents/consumer-business/cz_annual_review_of_football_finance_2018.pdf

And for season 2017/18:
"Premier League clubs recorded their second best aggregate operating profit of almost €1 billion, three clubs announced record operating profits in excess of €100m, despite the Premier league failing to repeat last year's feat of all clubs recording a profit, with 19 of the 20 recording a positive operating result."
https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/cz/Documents/consumer-business/cz_annual_review_of_football_finance_2019.pdf

With unpredented success for PL clubs in Europe in the season just finished, and the new European TV broadcasting deal kicking in, the PL's financial results for 2018/19 could even be the best ever.

Now for the financial state of Championship clubs, that's a different matter entirely...

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 4:32pm
Speaking of "Super Duper Transfers", surely the Daddy of them all in every respect, inc fee, had to be Zinedine Zidane (Juve to RM for €77.5m in 2001)?

His fee was the equivalent of 35% of RM's turnover that season, which in today's terms would equate to €263m (35% of €750m, 2017/18 season).

Which is surely the best way of looking at these things, to account for inflation, differing eras, profitability and sustainability etc.

About which, more here:

Edited by Territorial - 05 Jul 2019 at 4:33pm
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 12:16am
Inter have confirmed that Icardi is for sale this summer. If he could sort all the bullsh*t off the pitch (mainly getting his wife to cop on), he'd be a brilliant signing.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 12:42pm
It's amusing to see Neymar angle for a move but due to the costs may not be able to move anywhere. On a smaller transfer fee level the same is happening to a lot of other players. Eriksen for example, which from a Spurs fan's perspective is great, he's not going to throw the toys out of the pram either if he stays.

Players will more and more run down the length of their contracts like Hazard to get that move. 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:28pm
Read earlier this morning that Griezmann's release fee has been lodged with La Liga. 

I was still drunk when I woke up this morning though so that may not be true.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Read earlier this morning that Griezmann's release fee has been lodged with La Liga. 

I was still drunk when I woke up this morning though so that may not be true.

Confirmed by Barcelona
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:31pm
£107 mil is the official fee as of 10 mins ago.

It sounds bonkers that Atletico paid more for Joao Felix paid more than they received for Griezmann but it's worth noting they only paid £30 mil upfront for Felix so there's plenty of cash there leftover
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 3:22pm
That is indeed worth noting.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 6:30pm
The La Liga president Javier Tebas was crying a few months ago about City distorting the transfer market

Since then Real have spent about £350m including £135m on Hazard and Barca have signed a 28 year for over £100m
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 6:33pm
Both clubs have a long list of players they’re hoping to get big money for to even out that argument in fairness.

Its a bit early to be bringing up that one
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 6:58pm
Imagine anyone from La Liga giving out about transfer business being done by other clubs outside Spain LOL Barca and Real have been blowing teams away in transfer business for decades now. Cry me a river lads LOL they'll all be out with the begging bowl outside the Bernabeu and Camp Nou soon
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:16pm

Imagine anyone from La Liga giving out about transfer business being done by other clubs outside Spain LOL Barca and Real have been blowing teams away in transfer business for decades now. Cry me a river lads LOL they'll all be out with the begging bowl outside the Bernabeu and Camp Nou soon

And it's particularly disgusting because Real and Barca negotiate their own TV deals and the rest of the clubs relatively get f**k all. The PL is bloated with silly money but at least it's a bit more equitable than that.

If i were a proud Madrid man rather than a proud Dub i'd be a proud Getafe fan (unless they're right wing, don't know anything about them tbh)

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 12 Jul 2019 at 11:19pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 2:27am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

And it's particularly disgusting because Real and Barca negotiate their own TV deals and the rest of the clubs relatively get f**k all. The PL is bloated with silly money but at least it's a bit more equitable than that.

If i were a proud Madrid man rather than a proud Dub i'd be a proud Getafe fan (unless they're right wing, don't know anything about them tbh)
Rayo Vallecano are the leftist team in Madrid...similarly to St Pauli in being located near to a red right district and sporting Pirate regalia 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Rayo Vallecano are the leftist team in Madrid...similarly to St Pauli in being located near to a red right district and sporting Pirate regalia 

Oi! That's enough of that.

We can't have people intoducing football into politics. Thumbs Down

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Oi! That's enough of that.

We can't have people intoducing football into politics. Thumbs Down

Ah the Reeperbahn....some spot LOL
Some people just deserve a slap
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 11:47am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Inter have confirmed that Icardi is for sale this summer. If he could sort all the bullsh*t off the pitch (mainly getting his wife to cop on), he'd be a brilliant signing.

Wifes a head banger wouldn't go near him. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 1:45pm
what anecdotes have you on the wife's behaviour?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic