Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super duper monster transfers Summer 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

David Luiz to Arsenal is a strange one to me.

I think that’s a good signing for Arsenal.
He is better in a 3 man defence or in front of the defence.
I wouldn’t trust him in a central pairing but good passer of the ball.

Also think Inter got a good deal with Lukaku. In today’s market thats cheap for a striker who will get you 20+ goals a season.

Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Also think Inter got a good deal with Lukaku. In today’s market thats cheap for a striker who will get you 20+ goals a season.

I thought he excelled last season in a central pairing with Rudiger. It's actually a great bit of business by Arsenal as between himself and Tierney they've significantly strengthened their defence. Sokratis struggled a bit last season but having a joker like Mustafi beside him really didn't help. Luiz should complement him, much the way he did with Rudiger, and they could be a decent pairing for Arsenal.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Great window by both Spurs and Arsenal anyhow

Spurs? What have they done?

Got rid of Trippier - and that's if he'd gone on a free, or even with a payoff.

The fact we got £20m for him makes it the best bit of business by any club in the entire window LOL
Ye got €20m for an England defender, who scored ina  World Cup semifinal last year, and played in a Champions league final this year.

Leicester got €80m for an England defender. 
Even Bristol City managed to get €24m for a defender who's never played premier league. 

Ye were robbed LOL

Edited by Shedite - 08 Aug 2019 at 2:35pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 2:33pm
Andy Carroll to Newcastle a done deal - definitely getting relegated now
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

The fact we got £20m for him makes it the best bit of business by any club in the entire window LOL
Ye got €20m for an England defender, who scored ina  World Cup semifinal last year, and played in a Champions league final this year.

Even Bristol City managed to get €24m for a defender who's never played premier league. 

Ye were robbed LOL

It was a very unusual fee.
It was way too low for an English international who had 3 years left on his contract. I suspect there are other factors we don’t know about.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 2:42pm
Good luck to Carroll up there.

However, WHU did everything they could for the guy, especially in relation to recruitment policy and team selection. The striker merry-go-round West Ham have had since 2012 has been entirely down to the belief that a fit Carroll was more than enough. The signings of Jarvis, Downing, Amalfitano, Zarate, Payet, Lanzini, Tore, Feghouli, Arnautovic (amongst others) we made to supply him. Kevin Nolan was kept in the team to work off him. Sakho and Valencia split up to accommodate him. The list goes on.

A record signing, who ultimately left on a free transfer, played
Less than 150 games and scored 34 goals.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Good luck to Carroll up there.

However, WHU did everything they could for the guy, especially in relation to recruitment policy and team selection. The striker merry-go-round West Ham have had since 2012 has been entirely down to the belief that a fit Carroll was more than enough. The signings of Jarvis, Downing, Amalfitano, Zarate, Payet, Lanzini, Tore, Feghouli, Arnautovic (amongst others) we made to supply him. Kevin Nolan was kept in the team to work off him. Sakho and Valencia split up to accommodate him. The list goes on.

A record signing, who ultimately left on a free transfer, played
Less than 150 games and scored 34 goals.

Scored one of my favourite West Ham goals

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 4:13pm
Great strike.

And his hat-trick against Arsenal, double against Swansea in 2014 to send WHU 3rd in the league in December 14, there were high points.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 10:31pm

He'll have a decent start and do alright for about 20 games until he implodes again. Bizarre signing. A pairing of Luiz and Mustafi is lunacy LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:11am

Ye were robbed LOL

You can't have watched him last season, when with the exception of one CL game against City, he was absolute dogsh*t just about every single game he played.

Really terrible.

So ask yourself this: why were Spurs so happy to let him go, even though they are light at RB?

How come Levy only got £20m, when he got £50m for Walker a couple of seasons earlier?

Why did Southgate drop him like a stone?

Why did no other English club come in for him when he was gping so cheaply, relatively speaking?

I don't know the answer to these questions, but something has gone seriously wrong, as he alluded to here:

Mauricio Pochettino allowed the ex-Burnley ace to leave North London, with Trippier claiming it was the right time for him to leave the club.

He told Sky Sports: "I think it was time for me to change and move on.

"I don't necessarily mean that I needed to move on, but things happened behind the scenes at Tottenham, which I don't really want to go into.

"But I needed to move on from that."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9598044/trippier-spurs-atletico-madrid-things-happened/

I don't wish the guy any harm, but Spurs fans are as happy to move on as he is, you can count on that.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 8:54am

Ye got €20m for an England defender, who scored in a World Cup semifinal last year, and played in a Champions league final this year.

Ye were robbed LOL

You can't have watched him last season, when with the exception of one CL game against City, he was absolute dogsh*t just about every single game he played.

Really terrible.

So ask yourself this: why were Spurs so happy to let him go, even though they are light at RB?

How come Levy only got £20m, when he got £50m for Walker a couple of seasons earlier?

Why did Southgate drop him like a stone?

Why did no other English club come in for him when he was gping so cheaply, relatively speaking?

I don't know the answer to these questions, but something has gone seriously wrong, as he alluded to here:

Mauricio Pochettino allowed the ex-Burnley ace to leave North London, with Trippier claiming it was the right time for him to leave the club.

He told Sky Sports: "I think it was time for me to change and move on.

"I don't necessarily mean that I needed to move on, but things happened behind the scenes at Tottenham, which I don't really want to go into.

"But I needed to move on from that."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9598044/trippier-spurs-atletico-madrid-things-happened/

I don't wish the guy any harm, but Spurs fans are as happy to move on as he is, you can count on that.

Not doubting it was the right move, just felt Spurs could have done a better job at bluffing it and selling him for a higher fee. Whatever happened was in-house, keep it under wraps and worry about it later.

I suspect Simone knows whatever it was and realises it's nothing too major. You can't imagine he's going to spend £25m on someone he thinks is a bad player

As for other English teams, I suspect Spurs didn't want to sell him to a rival

Edited by Shedite - 09 Aug 2019 at 8:56am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:41am
Best summer signing?

Rodri - Man City?
Tierney - Arsenal?
AWB - Man U?
Ndombele - Spurs?
Heeeead - Man U? 

Surprised that Arsenal spent the most.

Without being biased I think Spurs has the best. Only lost Trippier but got 3 good players in.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 10:27am
£66m net spend for City this summer, compared with £17m last summer.

Who have Leicester signed?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 10:35am

Best summer signing?

Rodri - Man City?
Tierney - Arsenal?
AWB - Man U?
Ndombele - Spurs?
Heeeead - Man U? 

Without being biased I think Spurs has the best. Only lost Trippier but got 3 good players in.

Not sure how to define best summer signing but certainly one of the clubs who have made the shrewdest number of signings is Brighton. Among the new arrivals Mooy, Trossard and Maupay stand out as players who could have a significant impact on their survival. In fact I don't see them anywhere near the relegation spots come May. One other important signing is Potter. Expect a radically different style of play from the seagulls this season with Montoya and March bombing on from their wingback positions.

At the other end of the scale is Everton. A scatter gun approach from them in the transfer market. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Silva is bulleted before the end of the season. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Best summer signing?

Rodri - Man City?
Tierney - Arsenal?
AWB - Man U?
Ndombele - Spurs?
Heeeead - Man U? 

Not sure how to define best summer signing but certainly one of the clubs who have made the shrewdest number of signings is Brighton. Among the new arrivals Mooy, Trossard and Maupay stand out as players who could have a significant impact on their survival. In fact I don't see them anywhere near the relegation spots come May. One other important signing is Potter. Expect a radically different style of play from the seagulls this season with Montoya and March bombing on from their wingback positions.

At the other end of the scale is Everton. A scatter gun approach from them in the transfer market. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Silva is bulleted before the end of the season. 
Yeah Everton have weakened if anything. If Kean works out great, but losing Zouma/Gueye is a loss at the back, I've not seen enough of Iwobi but is he really that much of an upgrade on Sigurdson/Richarlison/Bernard?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:54pm
I wouldn't say he is an upgrade on any of them. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Who have Leicester signed?

Tielemans, club record £40m-odd from Monaco, Perez from Newcastle (£30m) and Praet from Sampdoria (£18m):
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/every-deal-done-leicester-city-3190054

Don't know much about the other two, but having seen Tielemans last season, he could just turn out to be the signing of the summer, even at that price.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 2:26pm

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Best summer signing?

Rodri - Man City?
Tierney - Arsenal?
AWB - Man U?
Ndombele - Spurs?
Heeeead - Man U? 

Yeah Everton have weakened if anything. If Kean works out great, but losing Zouma/Gueye is a loss at the back, I've not seen enough of Iwobi but is he really that much of an upgrade on Sigurdson/Richarlison/Bernard?

He's completely different to those players tbh. He's great at dribbling at pace with the ball, but can often lack the end product as he's not as technically gifted as Sigurdsson or Bernard. He improved a lot under Emery, seemed to play with more confidence and was a good impact player off the bench at times. It's a pity he didn't succeed at Arsenal as he has a good attitude. If he can get a level of consistency, he'll be a good player for Everton.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic