You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super duper monster transfers Summer 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super duper monster transfers Summer 19
    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 1:20pm
Some big ones this summer. 

Ironically enough the hugely ridiculous prices do have a positive effect in that even the biggest clubs can't hoover up all the best talent. Can Real Madrid afford Hazard, Pogba and Mane or Salah for example? 

I'm most interested in Bale's transfer from Madrid - he needs a change of scenary and a new golf course but he could be the best signing of the summer. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 1:30pm
Jovic to Real seems to be on 
£62m

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 04 Jun 2019 at 1:39pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Jovic to Real seems to be on 
£62m
Did United not sign him last week ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 2:09pm
I can see Real Madrid and Barca spending close to €500M between them this summer. Already with  De Jong and Jovic they're up at around €130M. Hazard will be close to €100M and Griezmann release fee is €106M I think.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I can see Real Madrid and Barca spending close to €500M between them this summer. Already with  De Jong and Jovic they're up at around €130M. Hazard will be close to €100M and Griezmann release fee is €106M I think.
Here is what 'Marca' (virtually Real's in-house newspaper) said a fortnight ago:

"According to Spanish news publication Marca, Real Madrid have up to €300 Million to spend during the summer transfer window of 2019. Los Blancos are looking to complete deals for several big-name stars and are expected to dish out huge transfer fees in the process. However, two-thirds of what they are planning to spend will come from player sales.

As per the same report, Real Madrid are hoping to avoid a situation in which they breach the Financial Fair Play and go through a UEFA investigation, similar to Manchester City and PSG. The rules currently dictate that the clubs have €100 Million allowance to spend, as compared to what they earned during the year.

As such, Los Blancos are ready to let go of €200 Million worth of talent."

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/transfer-news/1100616/real-madrid-transfer-budget-eden-hazard-paul-pogba/

Tbh, €100m of their own money, plus €200m from sales, is not nearly so much as it sounds. For to bring in that amount from sales, they might need to offload as many as four or five players.

Which means that if they are to improve the squad significantly after such a disappointing season, they might need to bring in 6 or 7 players (replacements and newcomers) with their €300m.

And while €40-50m a time will get you a very good player, it certainly won't bring in a Pogba or a Hazard, never mind genuine Galacticos like Neymar or Mbappe, needed to replace Ronaldo, Bale, Rodriguez or Modric etc.

Of course, if faced with a crisis - and not winning every single game is certainly that at the Bernabeu - then Perez might look to find the money to save his job.

But regardless of what he wants, Real will still be constrained by FFP Rules, plus the need to spend €525m to rebuild the Bernabeu, so they could be stretched very tight indeed.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 4:14pm
Saw a thread on twitter that listed 60 players that United were "linked with" in the first 17 days. That's 60 that had individual news articles about them. Just goes to show the amount of BS that we'll be reading for the next few months.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 4:29pm
A few years back there was  a survey  done to show which newspaper had the most accurate transfer news; that is, how many of their rumours went on to be actual  transfers. The Guardian and the Daily Record(surprisingly) were the most accurate, if I remember right, on around 33%. So the most accurate newspapers get two in three wrong!
Now, I am aware that often there is interest that doesn't follow through, or moves break down over contract negotiations, but that is still pretty damning. 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 4:46pm
The Guardian is the only one that I'd pay the slightest bit of interest too, and at that it's very slight
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 9:16pm
Real aren’t messing about
£150m spent already on 3 players, Mendy from Lyon doing a medical for a 50m move, and that’s before Hazard signs.

They’ll break the record for the most spent in a window this summer
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

£150m spent already on 3 players, Mendy from Lyon doing a medical for a 50m move, and that’s before Hazard signs.

and Madrid have the nerve to give out about city.
No fan of Real at all, but there is just a little bit of a difference there!LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

and Madrid have the nerve to give out about city.
No fan of Real at all, but there is just a little bit of a difference there!LOL
A difference, certainly, but maybe not so "little" as you might think!

(I'd guess the lawyers spent considerably more time reviewing that article than the authors did writing it!)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:17am
Confused
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 7:00pm
#No1Aidan Hazard to Madrid 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 8:29pm
Pablo Fornals to West Ham is a done deal, have never seen the lad player but some of the youtube clips are very exciting. 

That always works out, right?
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 5:11pm
Villa paying over 20 million for a big Brazilian lad from Club Bruges. Can't say I'm familiar with him. Read he's similar to Benteke. Think Villa will have a massive turnover this summer, interesting to see who else they bring in.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 7:40am
Reports that Mohamed Salah has rejected £150m offers of a move to Juve and Real Madrid.

Will they increase the bid?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Reports that Mohamed Salah has rejected £150m offers of a move to Juve and Real Madrid.

Why would LFC sell him (for any money)?

Why would he leave?

He was 27 two days ago, so surely has his best years ahead of him.

And LFC, already a top team/club, can realistically hope to improve even further, too, whereas both RM and Juve are playing catch-up.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Why would LFC sell him (for any money)?

Why would he leave?

He was 27 two days ago, so surely has his best years ahead of him.

And LFC, already a top team/club, can realistically hope to improve even further, too, whereas both RM and Juve are playing catch-up.

Everyone has their price.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic