Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luca Connell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 35>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:23pm
He’s like Modric
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

He’s like Modric

The boys on the WhatsApp saying the same about him. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:25pm
He still live on the 2nd floor?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Solid share - thanks SK

Lots of good touches. 

Sound, thanks 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I’ll ask Suzanne Vega 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:30pm
looks a baller 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:37pm
Hopefully there's a loan move for him soon.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I’ll ask Suzanne Vega 

The former Spurs player?

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 2:02am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Hopefully there's a loan move for him soon.
Bang on the worry is that he’s impressing so much Celtic won’t want to send him out and he’s stuck again with Lennon giving him f**k all game time. Could get 40 matches in any League 1 team or bottom half Championship teams on loan. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 3:23pm
Doesn't make the bench today unfortunately.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 4:09pm

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

What you mean by predictably. Is it the fact Neil Lennon seems obsessed with these fancy foreigners or the fact he was his  3m pound signing so he will want to praise him instead? Just genuinely curious as I don’t follow Scottish football a great deal. I do know that those Irish lads need to f**k off on loan to the Championship or League 1 even would be fine just get bloody rolling. 

Lennon has an agent friend with links to Israeli football. That's why you often see him bringing in players from Israel and other obscure leagues. He did the same thing at Hibs and at Celtic the first time he was there.

It's no coincidence that Lennon is praising Soro and not Connell even though Connell looked much better on Monday. Soro is Lennon's man so if Brown isn't able to play as many games this year or McGregor gets injured you can be sure that it will be Soro that gets any first team opportunity going. He needs to justify the few million he spent on him. I don't think Lennon had any direct involvement in the Connell signing.

And, predictably enough, Soro gets the bench spot ahead of Connell. Soro will be given every chance to prove Lennon hasn't given a four year contract to a £2m dud before Connell gets a sniff.

If Connell really wanted to play for Celtic he should have moved to some no mark team in Israel and made friends with an agent called Dudu Dahan. That's how you get in a team managed by Neil Lennon.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 4:27pm
Unfortunately for Connell, Celtic are stacked with quality in centre midfield.

Ntcham and Rogic can only make the bench.
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Celtic have far too much talent in midfield. Rogic is on the bench, never mind anyone else. Soro is a Very different player compared to Connell as well. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Unfortunately for Connell, Celtic are stacked with quality in centre midfield.

Ntcham and Rogic can only make the bench.

He should really look to go on loan ideally to a top 8/10 League 1 team. Yes I do think he’s way better than a League 1 player but that’s the point he will play 30-40 matches for pretty much any side in the League  and if at 19 years of age if he stands out he straight away puts himself in the shop window for a transfer to a PL team or a top 8 Championship side at least if Celtic won’t give him a chance. 

Edited by kevin100 - 02 Aug 2020 at 5:17pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 5:33pm

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

What you mean by predictably. Is it the fact Neil Lennon seems obsessed with these fancy foreigners or the fact he was his  3m pound signing so he will want to praise him instead? Just genuinely curious as I don’t follow Scottish football a great deal. I do know that those Irish lads need to f**k off on loan to the Championship or League 1 even would be fine just get bloody rolling. 

Lennon has an agent friend with links to Israeli football. That's why you often see him bringing in players from Israel and other obscure leagues. He did the same thing at Hibs and at Celtic the first time he was there.

It's no coincidence that Lennon is praising Soro and not Connell even though Connell looked much better on Monday. Soro is Lennon's man so if Brown isn't able to play as many games this year or McGregor gets injured you can be sure that it will be Soro that gets any first team opportunity going. He needs to justify the few million he spent on him. I don't think Lennon had any direct involvement in the Connell signing.

And, predictably enough, Soro gets the bench spot ahead of Connell. Soro will be given every chance to prove Lennon hasn't given a four year contract to a £2m dud before Connell gets a sniff.

If Connell really wanted to play for Celtic he should have moved to some no mark team in Israel and made friends with an agent called Dudu Dahan. That's how you get in a team managed by Neil Lennon.

Connell was never even going to be considered today and that has little to do with Soro's transfer fee. They are hardly like for like, for a start, with Soro seen as more of a Brown replacement while Connell more similar to McGregor.
Even if they were similar types, Soro has played a few seasons in a decent league winning a national cup. I think Connell will get a chance this season at some point, but I doubt he is in as much of a rush as you are.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Should get a loan. Maybe another team in Scotland. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 7:48pm
Thing is though, you can select nine subs. And you're at home to Hamilton. Who are the equivalent of a non league English team if we're being honest.

Do you really need to pack the bench with almost first teamers? Or could you maybe pick your six best subs and then have three young lads on the bench as well? Because there's always a good chance that the game will be won after an hour like it was today. And that's when there's a chance to blood a few younger players. But he didn't properly run the bench until 85 minutes in, and even then it was nearly all senior players other than he gave Dembele five minutes. Which is a complete waste of time.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 8:56pm
In a must win game you pick your strongest team. Hamilton's style caused Celtic problems last year at Celtic Park, Scott Brown scoring in injury time for a 2-1 win. There's also the small matter of Celtic, and every other team, having a short pre-season and the first 15-16 needing game time.

Put simply; Celtic, like every other club, are going to do what is best for themselves and not to keep some lad on an Irish football forum happy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 35>
  Share Topic