Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luca Connell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 35>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 9:39am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

What you mean by predictably. Is it the fact Neil Lennon seems obsessed with these fancy foreigners or the fact he was his  3m pound signing so he will want to praise him instead? Just genuinely curious as I don’t follow Scottish football a great deal. I do know that those Irish lads need to f**k off on loan to the Championship or League 1 even would be fine just get bloody rolling. 

Why?

The lads are only gone 19. Why not try and fight for your place, or what happens if they drop down to L1 and they don't get their game there, as there is somebody better?

Plenty of time for these lads to develop.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:57am
Agree with Horse on that one, connell can fight for a place as he probably the strongest of all the players but players like oconnell haven't even been given a squad number for next year. They might be wasting another year at Celtic
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:31am
If they don’t then what harm. Like you say still only 19/20 at the end of the loan spell and at least they played the percentages. Far better chance at getting game time at Gillingham Shrewsbury or Burton I certainly doubt Connell O’Connor and Afolabi would have any difficulty getting close to if not regular game time with those sort of clubs. At that age even Legaue 2 would do once your on loan playing men’s football. 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:25am
Afolabi and O'Connor both got released for free by their English Premier league clubs so it would be unlikely they could expect to walk in to the Celtic first team squad given they would likely be top ten EPL standard.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Afolabi and O'Connor both got released for free by their English Premier league clubs so it would be unlikely they could expect to walk in to the Celtic first team squad given they would likely be top ten EPL standard.
Afolabi turned down a new contract from Southampton, O'Connor was signed for an undisclosed fee.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:34am

If that Celtic squad had been in the Premier League this past season they'd have been relegated. Might have finished ahead of Norwich but that's it. They have, at most, six or seven EPL standard players in their squad.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Afolabi turned down a new contract from Southampton, O'Connor was signed for an undisclosed fee.

No point in letting the truth get in the way of a nice bit of spin!
We're decent enough..
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 7:34pm
https://streamable.com/97jdhx  ;

Highlights reel of him in the friendly match. Looking like a player with a point to make and well able to

Edited by Scissors Kick - 30 Jul 2020 at 7:41pm
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

https://streamable.com/97jdhx  ;

Highlights reel of him in the friendly match. Looking like a player with a point to make and well able to

Link not working. Could you check and repost pleasw
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 8:39pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 8:59pm
Looks a lovely player.
Have to take the opposition into a/c but you can only beat what's in front of you.
Likes the ball at his feet and picks passes.
Really hope that's not the last we see of him for months on end...
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:09pm
Looks a baller, nice range of passing and good technical ability.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:10pm
The bad news for Connell is that Lennon isn't likely to tinker much this season or stray away from the tried and tested players. Winning the league is everything and I don't see him doing much blooding of new talent.
Hopefully i'm wrong though and he can get a good few run outs
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:35pm
Looks a bit quicker than he did in his Bolton days, obviously he's been working on his athleticism. Very encouraging performance overall.
We're decent enough..
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

https://streamable.com/97jdhx

Good man, dunno why mine didn't work 
Anyway, he looked fine out there to me and keen to demonstrate he belonged there.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:57pm

Anyway, he looked fine out there to me and keen to demonstrate he belonged there.

You had a space in the URL at the end...novice mistake LOL

But great vid...cheers Clap
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

You had a space in the URL at the end...novice mistake LOL

But great vid...cheers Clap

Was doing it from the phone

Sound, thanks.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:16pm
Solid share - thanks SK

Lots of good touches. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 35>
  Share Topic