You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 44>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 11:56am
. . 

Edited by colemanY2K - 03 Jul 2019 at 4:16pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Can't believer they don't ask for credit card details at the point of application. Apart from email, there's nothing to filter out duplicate applications.

Passport numbers are just for show obviously (otherwise they'd ask for one for each ticket)
A home address can be changes with a few typos.

Seems like such an easy way to deter professional resellers

They check surname and DoB as well.  They also record your IP address. Although as you say these can easily be overcome.  

I am also surprised they didn't ask for CC details.   
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

There was massive demand for Denmark home in 2017.

I believe selling out the Aviva at €185 (most of the tickets as everything between the corner flags) will be no problem if we are there.  However if we don't make it Poland, Northern Ireland and Wales just about are the only ones.  The Rof16 game should sellout to England fans.  

Poland are on course to be a top seed so cannot draw Spain who also seem likely to be one.  There is a good chance we could end up in the same playoff as Wales and Northern Ireland which would help demand for Dublin as the winners would most likely be drawn here.

If applying for any tickets be prepared to use them or forfeit the money.  Most games in 2012 in Ukraine were on the portal for the first half of 2012 non stop.  No chance to get your money back.
I expect many games to be like that and then massive demand for others.    

Will France and Germany not bring a big crowd to Dublin? 

Edit: I realise they won't play here due to the seeding. Do you have a link to that (Either the rules or the probable seeding)?

Edited by xRedmanLFCx - 08 Jul 2019 at 10:08pm
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 10:16pm
Applied for the three group games in Dublin today. Two tickets in CAT1. Cost €1,100.

I created an application with my fathers name, address and Passport number. He has the same name as me and he said I can use his CC if successful. I wouldn't fancy my chances through the FAI as I haven't been at an away game since 2016 but I have a season ticket since they began.

If we qualify then I'll apply through the FAI for Bilbao under my own existing account and try to re-sell on the Portal for the tickets I don't need.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Applied for the three group games in Dublin today. Two tickets in CAT1. Cost €1,100.

I created an application with my fathers name, address and Passport number. He has the same name as me and he said I can use his CC if successful. I wouldn't fancy my chances through the FAI as I haven't been at an away game since 2016 but I have a season ticket since they began.

If we qualify then I'll apply through the FAI for Bilbao under my own existing account and try to re-sell on the Portal for the tickets I don't need.

Yeah your better off having done that with no aways since 2016 but for that amount of money I hope you get some good games 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

There was massive demand for Denmark home in 2017.

I believe selling out the Aviva at €185 (most of the tickets as everything between the corner flags) will be no problem if we are there.  However if we don't make it Poland, Northern Ireland and Wales just about are the only ones.  The Rof16 game should sellout to England fans.  

Poland are on course to be a top seed so cannot draw Spain who also seem likely to be one.  There is a good chance we could end up in the same playoff as Wales and Northern Ireland which would help demand for Dublin as the winners would most likely be drawn here.

If applying for any tickets be prepared to use them or forfeit the money.  Most games in 2012 in Ukraine were on the portal for the first half of 2012 non stop.  No chance to get your money back.
I expect many games to be like that and then massive demand for others.    

Will France and Germany not bring a big crowd to Dublin? 

Edit: I realise they won't play here due to the seeding. Do you have a link to that (Either the rules or the probable seeding)?

Regulations are here

Seeding is done based on results in qualifying.  Spain as of now are likely to be a top seed and if we don't make it then will have 3 home games in Bilbao.

France had poor enough demand for a home final of Euro2016 so they would hardly sell their allocation for Dublin.  Good shout for 2nd seeds so could end up in Dublin and would be attractive for neutrals.  Germany can only come for the R0f16 and that game will sell to the England fans.  

It is very early to tell but the likely 4th seed is us, NI, Wales, Slovakia, Bosnia or Austria.  Wales and NI would sellout the Aviva but the others wouldn't come close.  From a football perspective the likes of Portugal, Turkey or Croatia would be attractive visitors to Dublin but they'd struggle to sell their allocation and certainly wouldn't have too much excess demand.

Ukraine v Slovakia in Dublin anyone?  Very few countries can match our numbers travelling to tournaments.  However we don't tend to go to other games as neutrals.  Croatia v Turkey in Paris the day before the Sweden game was a good example.  Great match up yet I couldn't offload a spare ticket at FV (or even slightly less) on here or on Social media.  We had very few fans at the Group A games in Poland.  I do go as a neutral and enjoy it but understand why many don't.  

Would many on here pay 185 euros to watch even France v Croatia in a group game in Dublin?  Would you oay it for Ukraine v Slovakia?  However if we are in it the opposition doesn't matter.  OK we might all want the cheaper tickets but we'd grab any chance we could get to go.  

Now add in all four games are on working days possibly during working hours and this reduces demand.  

Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 1:52am
This is the first and possibly only time we will have a major football tournament in this country, why would you want to offload tickets? Go to the games no matter who’s playing, enjoy the spectacle and show how good a host we can be.

Edited by Adobolo - 09 Jul 2019 at 11:31am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 7:30am
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

This is the first and possibly only time we will have a major football tournament in this country, why would you want to offload tickets? Go to the games no matter who’s playing, enjoy the sceptical and show how good a host we can be.
I’ll always enjoy the sceptical.LOL
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 11:23am

This is the first and possibly only time we will have a major football tournament in this country, why would you want to offload tickets? Go to the games no matter who’s playing, enjoy the sceptical and show how good a host we can be.

No fault but I would have no interest in taking a day off work to go to dublin and pay €185 to go watch Slovakia vs Ukraine or similar matchup. 

Not even too pushed with games in Dublin with us playing this tournament is going to feel nothing like 2012 or 2016 imo
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 12:37pm

This is the first and possibly only time we will have a major football tournament in this country, why would you want to offload tickets? Go to the games no matter who’s playing, enjoy the spectacle and show how good a host we can be.

I plan on attendign all four games in Dublin unless we are playing elsewhere.  I agree with you and also travel to tournaments when we are not in them.

However in general I don't believe the Irish do this.  You could still enjoy the day and watch the game in a bar in Dublin.  Many Irish fans did something like that in Paris for Croatia v Turkey.  

Even at Dublin prices 185 euros buys a lot of pints.

If buying now you probably do need to be prepared to attend or willing to take the hit if we don't make it.  Even if we qualify you could end up with tickets for Dublin on June 24th and we kickoff in Bilbao at the same time.  

I'd rather have the tickets and I would go anyway.  I don't believe most would go as a neutral.  In general also the Irish tend to look for tickets late enough.  

As of now I think our chances of qualifying are about 50/50.  I believe if we do demand will be off the charts.  If we don't then tickets will be no problem (unless Wales, Poland NI etc).  My advice would be to apply now if you are not confident of getting them via the FAI.  A cat 1 or cat 2 application for Dublin would have a great chance of success based on the UEFA demand charts.  However be prepared to attend anyway or face losing a good chun of your money if offloading.   
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 1:15pm

I plan on attendign all four games in Dublin unless we are playing elsewhere.  I agree with you and also travel to tournaments when we are not in them.

However in general I don't believe the Irish do this.  You could still enjoy the day and watch the game in a bar in Dublin.  Many Irish fans did something like that in Paris for Croatia v Turkey.  

If buying now you probably do need to be prepared to attend or willing to take the hit if we don't make it.  Even if we qualify you could end up with tickets for Dublin on June 24th and we kickoff in Bilbao at the same time.  

I'd rather have the tickets and I would go anyway.  I don't believe most would go as a neutral.  In general also the Irish tend to look for tickets late enough.  

As of now I think our chances of qualifying are about 50/50.  I believe if we do demand will be off the charts.  If we don't then tickets will be no problem (unless Wales, Poland NI etc).  My advice would be to apply now if you are not confident of getting them via the FAI.  A cat 1 or cat 2 application for Dublin would have a great chance of success based on the UEFA demand charts.  However be prepared to attend anyway or face losing a good chun of your money if offloading.   

Anyone who wouldn't have great chance through the FAI should apply. If you dont have a few aways on record then take the hit and apply. But by the time the euros come around I think I'll have 8 of the last 9 so from my point of view I'll just wait and see what happens with our qualifying 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Anyone who wouldn't have great chance through the FAI should apply. If you dont have a few aways on record then take the hit and apply. But by the time the euros come around I think I'll have 8 of the last 9 so from my point of view I'll just wait and see what happens with our qualifying 

I've applied for 3 x CAT 1 tickets for the matches in Dublin as I'll only have 3 out of 10 away matches on the record once Switzerland is done and dusted (despite being at 5 of the 10 - the two other matches were oversubscribed and managed to source tickets from elsewhere).

Just so I can be sure can anyone definitively say which game is the last cut off match if over-subscribed matches are not included?
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:43am

Regulations are here

Seeding is done based on results in qualifying.  Spain as of now are likely to be a top seed and if we don't make it then will have 3 home games in Bilbao.

Thanks. 

So there are currently 10 groups in the qualifying, and there will only be 6 groups in the finals. So the top 6 teams will be seeded 1, 7-12 teams will be seeded 2 and so on. Correct? 

In that case, it is most likely that no team from our group will be seeded 1st, but possibly two teams will be seeded 2nd. If we manage to be seeded 2nd we will have a good chance of getting out of the group in the finals. A Rof16 in Bilbao anyone? Big smile
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:51am

Regulations are here

Thanks. 

So there are currently 10 groups in the qualifying, and there will only be 6 groups in the finals. So the top 6 teams will be seeded 1, 7-12 teams will be seeded 2 and so on. Correct? 

In that case, it is most likely that no team from our group will be seeded 1st, but possibly two teams will be seeded 2nd. If we manage to be seeded 2nd we will have a good chance of getting out of the group in the finals. A Rof16 in Bilbao anyone? Big smile

The odds are the above will be correct come November.

The only way we play a last 16 match in Bilbao is if we come 3rd in the group and even at that there's no guarantee it'll be in Bilbao as it just as easily could be Budapest. Runners up in the group will play their last 16 match in Copenhagen and the winners, which lets be honest is likely to be Spain, will play their last 16 match in Glasgow.

Edited by colemanY2K - 10 Jul 2019 at 8:54am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:15am
Bear with me.

Assuming we qualify we already know Ireland and Spain would be allocated Group E. If Spain are top seeds and Ireland are for arguments sake second seeds does that mean we will be allocated slots E1 & E2 respectively?

If my thinking is correct it would mean both teams play each other on matchday 1 with the venue and time tbc.

Have I got that right?

Edited by colemanY2K - 10 Jul 2019 at 10:22am
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:51am
I think Spain will be E1 but lots will be drawn to determine which teams are assigned as E2, E3 and E4, thereby determining the order of the fixtures.  As such, I don't necessarily think Ireland would play Spain in that opening fixture.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:52am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Bear with me.

Assuming we qualify we already know Ireland and Spain would be allocated Group E. If Spain are top seeds and Ireland are for arguments sake second seeds does that mean we will be allocated slots E1 & E2 respectively?

If my thinking is correct it would mean both teams play each other on matchday 1 with the venue and time tbc.

Have I got that right?
I think Spain would be seeded 1 and Ireland 2, but the draw will decide which team gets E1, E2, E3 and E4. i.e. the draw decides who we play first, second and last, and whether we are at home or away v Spain. 

Edited by xRedmanLFCx - 10 Jul 2019 at 10:56am
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:28am

Regulations are here

Thanks. 

Correct and some countries look like they are already nailed on for top seeds eg Spain, England etc who will most likely win their qualifying groups with perfect or almost perfect records.  

Poland may well do the same of course. In theory Northern Ireland could do likewise but I don't think anyone seriously expects them to beat the Dutch and Germans home and away.  Germany may well do it though by beating the Dutch at home and winning in Belfast in September.

I agree it is unlikely our group will produce a top seed.   However it is highly unlikely we will be second seeds even if we qualify directly  We'd need to win the group or come second with a large points total.

I don't see 2nd or 3rd seeds being that different and both give you the chance to draw the League D or League C winner.    

I know quite a few England fans who have already booked their flights to Dublin for the Rof16.  Some have booked onward to Copenhagen just in case they are runners up.  We could be sharing those flights.

We just need to qualify somehow.  It would be awful to host the party and not get to participate. 

Edited by gspain - 10 Jul 2019 at 11:29am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 44>
  Share Topic