You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 44>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:54pm
One other key thing: if you are applying for the last group stage game in Dublin, remember it will be at the same time as the one in Bilbao. God forbid we were playing Spain there then: you'd never shift those tickets. Whoever is playing here then would obviously not be a seeded team, so not a big draw for neutrals, even less if we are playing at the same time.
Sponsored Links

hoofy View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoofy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

One other key thing: if you are applying for the last group stage game in Dublin, remember it will be at the same time as the one in Bilbao. God forbid we were playing Spain there then: you'd never shift those tickets. Whoever is playing here then would obviously not be a seeded team, so not a big draw for neutrals, even less if we are playing at the same time.
I really can't see UEFA putting any of the host nations at a major competitive disadvantage by playing their final group game away to another host nation

Also on your point UEFA will want to fill these stadiums as best as possible so it would be stupid to schedule on Matchday 3 a game at the Aviva kicking off at the same time as Ireland are playing in Bilbao, or having a dead rubber at Hampden while Scotland are playing England at Wembley etc.

I would be confident that away games for any host nations will be scheduled for Matchdays 1 or 2
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:09pm
Read back this thread and am totally lost as to what to do now!! Thumbs UpBig smile

Not had time to look at the UEFA application thing, i hope to get to Georgia as well as having been in Denmark and have season tickets so hopefully I'll be ok to get FAI allocation, but feels risky not to apply here too?  

But date clashes and rule about not getting tickets for 2 games the same day has my brain fried at this stage.
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:09am
The way the random draw is structured, there is nothing to stop anybody applying for tickets to games on every day as you don't make any commitment to pay now, is that right?

This is going to massively inflate the draw numbers - I can actually see a lot not being taken up in this round (assuming they do the draw once only) with people firing in all sorts of random applications now and deciding later not to take them up when they have to pay. Might not be the case for Dublin but definitely other cities
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:15am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I applied for tickets earlier today.  Hope I didn't make a big mistake.  Did the 15h June game in Dublin, 20th June in Dublin and 24th June in Bilbao I think.  Ticked the box for all categories. 

Hope I wont be lumbered with a huge bill for games I dont need.  Is there a sell them back to UEFA system in operation if your team doesn't qualify?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

The way the random draw is structured, there is nothing to stop anybody applying for tickets to games on every day as you don't make any commitment to pay now, is that right?

This is going to massively inflate the draw numbers - I can actually see a lot not being taken up in this round (assuming they do the draw once only) with people firing in all sorts of random applications now and deciding later not to take them up when they have to pay. Might not be the case for Dublin but definitely other cities

I thought that but my reading is if you apply for every game, if successful you pay for everything in one go or nothing. You can’t cherry pick, so doing your plan could leave you with a huge bill. The application process generates a total charge for each application.

Edited by VanBosch - 13 Jun 2019 at 8:51am
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 9:10am
Applied for 2 Cat 3 tickets for all the Dublin games.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Read back this thread and am totally lost as to what to do now!! Thumbs UpBig smile

Not had time to look at the UEFA application thing, i hope to get to Georgia as well as having been in Denmark and have season tickets so hopefully I'll be ok to get FAI allocation, but feels risky not to apply here too?  

But date clashes and rule about not getting tickets for 2 games the same day has my brain fried at this stage.

Join Scabsoff88. you don't need a record but you just need to be in the clique. tickets sorted  
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Applied for 2 Cat 3 tickets for all the Dublin games.

I think that’s the best option.

Will have a pop at the cheap ones for the final too.

Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 11:51am
Would there be any difference between applying for cat 2 or 3 in terms of increased chances? Was thinking less people might apply for cat 2
They've only gone and done it
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Would there be any difference between applying for cat 2 or 3 in terms of increased chances? Was thinking less people might apply for cat 2

Your best chance will be CAT1 which has the large majority of seats.

Then 2

Then 3

Simples 

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Your best chance will be CAT1 which has the large majority of seats.

Then 2

Then 3

Simples 

Definitely but the cost of Cat 1s is ridiculous.  I think they'd be impossible to offload if we didn't make it.  

Applying for Cat 2 is not so bad and does increase chances over Cat 3.  
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:43pm
As someone said earlier, even if Ireland do qualify, selling half the Aviva at €185 a ticket, We barely sell out for playoffs/Germany at home at €70 a pop. 

Buying €185 (or even €125) tickets when we've about a 30% chance of us being there, not for me.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

As someone said earlier, even if Ireland do qualify, selling half the Aviva at €185 a ticket, We barely sell out for playoffs/Germany at home at €70 a pop. 

Buying €185 (or even €125) tickets when we've about a 30% chance of us being there, not for me.
Can you not remember people paying €300 in Bordeaux? A lot probably haven’t been to a game since but the Euros puts some people mad
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Can you not remember people paying €300 in Bordeaux? A lot probably haven’t been to a game since but the Euros puts some people mad
Was that when we were guaranteed to play there? If Ireland had already qualified people would pay it. Nobody is going to pay that to watch a random match in the slim hope we qualify.
Most would rather pay nothing now and double in the eventuality that we do.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

I thought that but my reading is if you apply for every game, if successful you pay for everything in one go or nothing. You can’t cherry pick, so doing your plan could leave you with a huge bill. The application process generates a total charge for each application.

Yeah you pay straight away if successful, from other posts though if we qualify and aren't in Dublin on a given day and you have a ticket for a game in Dublin then you can get a ticket for our game say in Bilbao, I could be wrong but that's my understanding.

Just going to wait for the follow my team / fai allocation if we get through.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 4:57pm

There was massive demand for Denmark home in 2017.

I believe selling out the Aviva at €185 (most of the tickets as everything between the corner flags) will be no problem if we are there.  However if we don't make it Poland, Northern Ireland and Wales just about are the only ones.  The Rof16 game should sellout to England fans.  

Poland are on course to be a top seed so cannot draw Spain who also seem likely to be one.  There is a good chance we could end up in the same playoff as Wales and Northern Ireland which would help demand for Dublin as the winners would most likely be drawn here.

If applying for any tickets be prepared to use them or forfeit the money.  Most games in 2012 in Ukraine were on the portal for the first half of 2012 non stop.  No chance to get your money back.
I expect many games to be like that and then massive demand for others.    

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 5:02pm
f**k it anyway I went balls deep and applied for 3 x CAT 1 tickets for the Dublin matches. I only have 3 aways from the 9 listed on the previous page  so don't feel confident I'll get sorted with FAI allocation. Will worry about the Bilbao match in November/December ballot. 

Regardless I'm still going to the matches in the unlikely event we don't qualify. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 44>
  Share Topic