You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 44>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

f**k it ill get a refund 

Would of been amazing to see a Euros game in Dublin, the atmosphere in the gan zone's, walk to the stadium etc. Not to be sadly 

Yeah I’m thinking the same. I’ve no problem with going to a non Ireland game but cant see it being a good day out.

Also I’m sure you’ll get tickets later if you want one. 

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 15 Jan 2021 at 8:34am

Sponsored Links

johnp30133 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp30133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 5:20pm
Whats the craic with selling tickets, face value of course. Got a couple of Polish friends looking for tickets and rather they go than me.
Do they check names on tickets and the like?

Edited by johnp30133 - 14 Jan 2021 at 5:21pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 5:54pm
I've only the €50 tickets, so I'll probably hang onto one for a day out. After lockdown I've a feeling we'll be looking for any excuse to get out
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:15pm
Pressuming this somehow goes ahead in Dublin, and things are good enough that they're allowing medium sized crowds in, i suspect tickets will picked up easily on the day 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:03pm
I'd be surprised if this goes ahead in Dublin with or without crowds. I think it'll be moved to Germany or Portugal. 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 14 Jan 2021 at 8:03pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

My understanding of the new TC.

If the match is moved to another venue, even outside the original host country AND UEFA deem your ticket to be valid. You are NOT entitled to a refund if you can't make it.
What bit makes you think that?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

If the match is moved to another venue, even outside the original host country AND UEFA deem your ticket to be valid. You are NOT entitled to a refund if you can't make it.

For the purposes of this refund policy, “Force Majeure” means any event affecting UEFA EURO 2020, the relevant Match and/or the relevant Stadium arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents which are beyond the reasonable control of UEFA and/or the relevant Host Association including, without limitation, any strike or labour disturbance, fire, abnormally inclement climate conditions, flood, lightning, storm, explosion, earthquake, subsidence, structural damage, epidemic, pandemic or other natural physical disaster, riot, disease, civil commotion or armed conflict, war or (actual, anticipated or threatened) terrorist action.

If UEFA notifies the Successful Applicant that their Ticket(s) is valid for the re-scheduled venue for the Match then where the change of venue was made for:
(a) any reason of Force Majeure, no refunds shall be made; 

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 1:19am
So I have a ticket for the last 16 game in Dublin, if they move that game to Germany or any other venue I'm not entitled to a refund going forward. If that's the case they can have my ticket back now.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 8:18am
This is a pain in the arse https://theathletic.com/news/euro-2020-tickets-football-soccer/zhm7sv5JfW6O#:~:text=It%20means%20supporters%20with%20tickets,stadium%20is%20in%20another%20country.

TL:DR If the game you have a ticket for is moved to a different stadium, even in a different country, and the new stadium has the same or bigger capacity (so a game in Dublin being moved to Dortmund or even Baku!), you aren't entitled to a refund.

Had tickets for all the Dublin matches, so applied for a refund for all of them. Not worth it anymore
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:16am
Yes. Mods i would say make change the description of this thread and make it a sticky as I think some people might not be aware what the change in T&C will mean if they decide to change venue 

Edited by t_rAndy - 15 Jan 2021 at 9:16am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:26am

For the purposes of this refund policy, “Force Majeure” means any event affecting UEFA EURO 2020, the relevant Match and/or the relevant Stadium arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents which are beyond the reasonable control of UEFA and/or the relevant Host Association including, without limitation, any strike or labour disturbance, fire, abnormally inclement climate conditions, flood, lightning, storm, explosion, earthquake, subsidence, structural damage, epidemic, pandemic or other natural physical disaster, riot, disease, civil commotion or armed conflict, war or (actual, anticipated or threatened) terrorist action.

If UEFA notifies the Successful Applicant that their Ticket(s) is valid for the re-scheduled venue for the Match then where the change of venue was made for:

Cheers, that's just bizarre isn't it. Like I can't imagine any one country wanting millions of football fans from around Europe landing in. Strong chance I'd imagine that even if fans were allowed in Dortmund, that they'd still be on our Red list for  travel so we couldn't get there.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:41am

Cheers, that's just bizarre isn't it. Like I can't imagine any one country wanting millions of football fans from around Europe landing in. Strong chance I'd imagine that even if fans were allowed in Dortmund, that they'd still be on our Red list for  travel so we couldn't get there.

Yes that is a factor for me. Let's say they move it to a big stadium in Germany. Covid numbers a lot better and we are out of lockdown. But still likely non essential travel is in place in ireland. Uefa won't refund you because of the rule in ireland. Of course, you could still travel anyway. 

And you are right, can't see any one country putting their hand up to receive all of these fans.

There are a lot of known and unknown variables.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 10:58am
Just returned mine

I had 2 CAT1 Dublin group stage and 4 CAT3 London 2nd round 

The website says information about ticket sales will be available in March 2021 including for fans of Hungry, North Macedonia, Scotland and Slovakia.

You have to feel sorry for their fans, especially North Macedonia. This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity and they may not be able to attend. 

johnp30133 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp30133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 11:25am
Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

This is a pain in the arse https://theathletic.com/news/euro-2020-tickets-football-soccer/zhm7sv5JfW6O#:~:text=It%20means%20supporters%20with%20tickets,stadium%20is%20in%20another%20country.

TL:DR If the game you have a ticket for is moved to a different stadium, even in a different country, and the new stadium has the same or bigger capacity (so a game in Dublin being moved to Dortmund or even Baku!), you aren't entitled to a refund.

Had tickets for all the Dublin matches, so applied for a refund for all of them. Not worth it anymore

Such a weird clause to add, unless they think there's a possibility. 

Where's that refund email......
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 11:26am
Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

I had a ticket for the R16 match at Wembley which I put up for refund last night with a heavy heart. Cry

As you say, it's not worth hanging on to it in the hope that I can go to it - and risk ending up with nothing if the game gets moved to another country to which I may not be able to travel. 

Edited by ConorMac77 - 15 Jan 2021 at 11:26am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 11:29am
There was a comment from UEFA that they potentially consider 'reasonable change' as a reason why ticket may be invalid if they moved.

So maybe if they move from Dublin to Baku, they would consider this is not reasonable, they say ticket is invalid. 
But maybe move from Dublin to Frankfurt and this would be considered reasonable and ticket would be valid for the relocation. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 15 Jan 2021 at 12:22pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 12:07pm
I seen on the news that Japan is still considering if the Olympics will go ahead.
A poll in Japan was in favour of cancelling.

The IOC have ruled out moving them to 2022.
So it’s either held or cancelled.

Id prefer the Euro to be moved to Summer 2022 - even tho we aren’t there I’d rather see a tournament full with fans. It will be the first time for many (Scots, Macedonia etc)

The World Cup is in Nov/Dec so it’s possible but will mean a lot of football for the players.  

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I seen on the news that Japan is still considering if the Olympics will go ahead.
A poll in Japan was in favour of cancelling.

The IOC have ruled out moving them to 2022.
So it’s either held or cancelled.

Id prefer the Euro to be moved to Summer 2022 - even tho we aren’t there I’d rather see a tournament full with fans. It will be the first time for many (Scots, Macedonia etc)

The World Cup is in Nov/Dec so it’s possible but will mean a lot of football for the players.  

Clubs would never agree this happening. UEFA will make sure it happens this year in some way or another. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 44>
  Share Topic