You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 44>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 6:08pm
So we have to wait till March to find out about refunds ?

No way can i see Dublin stay as a host esp with our cautious approach of not allowing any mass gatherings. Going to be some shame esp watching stadiums full in the other host nations AngryAngryAngry
Sponsored Links

VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:48pm
where do you think there will be full stadiums?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

I think it'll end up being held in the one country rather than all over the place. Limited capacity regardless of where they hold it 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I think it'll end up being held in the one country rather than all over the place. Limited capacity regardless of where they hold it 
I can see the whole lot being played in London at empty stadiums. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I can see the whole lot being played in London at empty stadiums. 

If they made a decisive decision now it would be in one country - Russia/ UK etc

However they will wait and wait until it’s too late and go with the original plan and each country can decide what is allowed.

It will be different from country to country.
No country will be finished their vaccination programs by then so it’s likely going to be reduced crowds and no away fans but a lot can happen in 5 months.

KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 10:42am
Feel sorry for fans of the teams that qualified. It’s annoying enough waiting for news on refunds.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Feel sorry for fans of the teams that qualified. It’s annoying enough waiting for news on refunds.

We were offered refunds when the games were moved last year.  

Those of us who decided we'd go anyway or waited for the result of the playoff can hardly complain.  I suspect there will be another chance for refunds in March. 

Unfortunately it is highly unlikely we will have full crowds in June but UEFA are probably right in waiting until March to make any decisions.  
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 12:50pm
Wouldn't mind a refund on the Slovakia tickets Cry
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I had tickets for the Slovakia Sweden game in the Aviva. Just taken a full refund on them. No way that game goes ahead with crowds. Very unlikely it goes ahead in Ireland 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I had tickets for the Slovakia Sweden game in the Aviva. Just taken a full refund on them. No way that game goes ahead with crowds. Very unlikely it goes ahead in Ireland 
how did you manage to get a refund? Don't think I've seen any emails of late from UEFA? 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:53pm
In a debate with myself. I have 3 tickets for Poland vs Slovakia, Poland vs. Sweden and Slovakia vs. Sweden.
One of my best friends is polish and had said he would take Poland games. 
A Slovakia colleague has said she will take any tickets going for Slovakia games.

I really can't see the games going ahead and there will be a full refund in the end anyway. 
Probably just hang on and see what happens 

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Jan 2021 at 2:54pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

how did you manage to get a refund? Don't think I've seen any emails of late from UEFA? 

Email came today, refund portal back open til 26 Jan
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Email came today, refund portal back open til 26 Jan
Nice one. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:07pm
As per above email from UEFA with new T&Cs.  Full refund if you don't agree.  I suspect some on here may not agree with them.  Wink

I will go anyway if it is at all possible.  

T&Cs appear to allow transfer and some COVID stuff.  I suspect UEFA will want some tickets back assuming restricted attendances.  
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 3:10pm
Just reading the terms and conditions. 

If they move the match to say Germany because of Covid and wanting to host in one countty and say your ticket is valid for the match in Germany then you would NOT be entitled to a refund if you don't go. 

Am I reading it right? 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 4:00pm
My understanding of the new TC.

If the match is postponed due to pandemic (covid), ticket is valid for rearranged date. You are NOT entitled to refund if you can't make it. 

If the match is moved to another venue, even outside the original host country AND UEFA deem your ticket to be valid. You are NOT entitled to a refund if you can't make it.

If the match is moved to another venue, even outside the original host country AND UEFA deem your ticket is NOT valid. You ARE entitled to a refund.

If the match at the same venue but reduced capacity and UEFA deem your ticket as not valid. You get a full refund.

If match is behind closed doors (no fans allowed). You get a full refund.

This translates to me, if you only really planned to go to games if they were in Dublin then its probably better to cut loose now and not sign up for the new terms and conditions 

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Jan 2021 at 4:05pm
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 4:16pm
f**k it ill get a refund 

Would of been amazing to see a Euros game in Dublin, the atmosphere in the gan zone's, walk to the stadium etc. Not to be sadly 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 4:16pm
Thanks for that, they really didn't try and make that document user friendly 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 44>
  Share Topic