You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 44>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

This tournament will almost certainly played in a small bubble like the Champions League mini tournament. A country like Spain or Germany will have to step up and host.

Germany I'd guess, have Dusselford, Schalke, Leverkusen, Cologne, Dortmund, Gladbach, Duisburg, Essen all close to each other, could easily accommodate it with a bit of thought 
Sponsored Links

Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 9:19pm
Won’t be Germany..they are hosting Euro 2024. Possibly Turkey might take it at short notice. They’ve bid to host it for the last few times, have held a lot of European club finals and want tourists to boost the economy.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Won’t be Germany..they are hosting Euro 2024. Possibly Turkey might take it at short notice. They’ve bid to host it for the last few times, have held a lot of European club finals and want tourists to boost the economy.

More likely to be somewhere like Portugal if it's not Germany. Doubtful Turkey would have sufficient infrastructure to host at short notice. 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 10 Oct 2020 at 9:43pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 9:43pm

They pulled out of hosting the Champions League final because it wasn't economical without fans travelling there so don't  think they would be bothered hosting a fanless Euros.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

They pulled out of hosting the Champions League final because it wasn't economical without fans travelling there so don't  think they would be bothered hosting a fanless Euros.

And even if there is fans. Be very limited attendances still. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Yea would be nice to get a refund, have had a couple of enquires from the Nordie fans about my tickets for the Dublin and Bilbao games, they have been told they are not for sale for Northern Ireland fans.

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I have a polish mate so I can sell two of my 3 to him and maybe even go in to one or two for the atmosphere with him.
N.ireland/Slovakia vs. Sweden, sure there will be Slovaks and N.irish looking to buy
The North definitely, I’m not so sure about Slovakia. No chance I’d go if the North qualify. 

I thought you were "indifferent" to them Franko.  Tongue

Why would you be so adamant about there being "no chance" of you going to one of their games should they qualify,  if you're that neutral/indifferent about them? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

More likely to be somewhere like Portugal if it's not Germany. Doubtful Turkey would have sufficient infrastructure to host at short notice. 
I reckon Boris would be grand with hosting it
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 11:08am
Euro 2020 was created as it to basically stop turkey hosting it, or so it was seen at the tíme interesting it they go back there

Poland could step in either, everything in place and recent experience 

Portugal, England or Spain probably make most sense given Germany has 2024 

Edited by nvidic - 11 Oct 2020 at 11:09am
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:47pm
Wonder if they give Germany 2020 (with limited fans), try and push back their 2024 date to 2028, and then do the pan-European competition in 2024. Or if they do that in 2028. Feel like they'd have to do it at some point though, but I'm not sure what their contract looked like. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Wonder if they give Germany 2020 (with limited fans), try and push back their 2024 date to 2028, and then do the pan-European competition in 2024. Or if they do that in 2028. Feel like they'd have to do it at some point though, but I'm not sure what their contract looked like. 

Back to Back tournaments in Germany wouldn't be a surprise. Have it in the Cities that missed out on 2024. Multi country one is gone for a hop IMO. 

No chance for full stadia either. 50% at most I reckon and even that's probably overly optimistic 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 14 Oct 2020 at 4:03pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 10:27am
Here we go Ceferin flagging a possible(probable) change

Quote "The plan is that we do the Euro exactly as it is.

But I have to say that, instead of 12 countries, we could do a Euro instead in 11, in eight, in five or in one country."

My guess is Mid January some time we get an announcement it's being held in Germany or Portugal.

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 8:38pm
Come on Slovakia and Serbia 

Cant deal with having the North play in Dublin and also having Scotland in the finals
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Cant deal with having the North play in Dublin and also having Scotland in the finals
100% with you H 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 8:08am
Pretty much 0% chance of any game in Dublin I would've thought 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

100% with you H 

I hope the scots qualify ahead of Serbia and won’t lose any sleep if the north qualify or not. 
AKA pedantic kunt
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 8:56am
Yeah euros will be changed to NBA Orlando style bubble Id say
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 9:03am

why can't you "deal" with it?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 44>
  Share Topic