You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 44>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Cheers. So essentially 3 potential games in Dublin.

Draw in Copenhagen and we are on our way

If we qualify we are guaranteed to be in 2 of the first 3 games in Dublin with a possibility of being in all 3.  The 4th game (Rof16) will involve the winners of England's group and the runners up in Germany's group.   

Sponsored Links

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 9:12am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Cheers. So essentially 3 potential games in Dublin.

Draw in Copenhagen and we are on our way

If we qualify we are guaranteed to be in 2 of the first 3 games in Dublin with a possibility of being in all 3.  The 4th game (Rof16) will involve the winners of England's group and the runners up in Germany's group.   

Was having a look at potential games in the last 16 and venues last night. Still a bit disappointed with the format, and fact wr have no choice but to go in a group with Spain.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:24pm
What's the best thing to do here, apply for the Dublin games or hope we get there and apply through the FAI allocation?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

What's the best thing to do here, apply for the Dublin games or hope we get there and apply through the FAI allocation?

different answer for different people.  

1)  It depends on what you think your chances will be from the FAI's allocation if we qualify.

2) It depends on whether you would go anyway or only want to see us.

I think tickets will be very easy if we don't make it.  If we do......
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:37pm

1)  It depends on what you think your chances will be from the FAI's allocation if we qualify.

Yeah my chances would be quite high. Not worried about that, the away record is quite good and come the end of the campaign should be at 7 or the last 9.

Been thinking about that 2nd point before. Would really depend on the game if I'd go but again have to decide in the next few weeks weather to apply or not.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:31am

[QUOTE=wanderer]What's the best thing to do here, apply for the Dublin games or hope we get there and apply through the FAI allocation?

Yeah my chances would be quite high. Not worried about that, the away record is quite good and come the end of the campaign should be at 7 or the last 9.

Been thinking about that 2nd point before. Would really depend on the game if I'd go but again have to decide in the next few weeks weather to apply or not.
[/QUOTE

If we don't make it I don't see tickets being too difficult unless there is a well supported team drawn here.  Poland, Northern Ireland and Wales would fill it.  England would for the Rof16.  Not too many others I can think of.  Portugal v Croatia might be a great game but would struggle to fill the Aviva.  
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:10am
If we don’t make it tickets will be easy to get if you are willing to pay close to €200 a ticket once fees are included.

Absolute rip off 

Group stage and round of 16
Category 3: €50 
Category 2: €125 
Category 1: €185 

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

If we don’t make it tickets will be easy to get if you are willing to pay close to €200 a ticket once fees are included.

Absolute rip off 

Some jump between cat 3 and cat 2 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:50am

Absolute rip off 

There are no fees on top.  however really expensive.

Even for Portugal v Croatia in Dublin 185 euros for the back row of the East Stand near the corner flag is an awful price.  35 euro for a normal home game.  Same price if Kosovo v Slovakia.     
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:43pm

Absolute rip off 

Even for Portugal v Croatia in Dublin 185 euros for the back row of the East Stand near the corner flag is an awful price.  35 euro for a normal home game.  Same price if Kosovo v Slovakia.     

I’d be amazed if there was any issue for tickets for group stage if we don’t qualify. 

Even if we do; tickets won’t be as hard got as one may think. We wouldn’t sell out the home leg of a World Cup playoff at those prices.

Are premium tickets a separate category again?
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Absolute rip off 

I’d be amazed if there was any issue for tickets for group stage if we don’t qualify. 

Even if we do; tickets won’t be as hard got as one may think. We wouldn’t sell out the home leg of a World Cup playoff at those prices.

Are premium tickets a separate category again?
If you're referring to the Premium level in LR, then I doubt it - if my experience at Euro 2016 was anything to go by:

I was at 2 games at Stade de France, Ireland v Sweden & Germany v Poland, both Cat 1.  For the Ireland game I was in the lower tier where facilities where the usual bog-standard ones that you'd expect for general admission but for the Germany game I was in the middle tier, which looked very much like their premium level for non-tournament matches, from the posh-looking corridor linking each section right down to the arm rests (including drink holder) in the seats which you certainly didn't get in the lower tier.  I even managed to get a free tournament programme after that game. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:29am
Premium are just sold as normal tickets.  you could get a cat 3 in the south premium.  Reality is though that many will be used for the hospitality tickets.  
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:45am

Premium are just sold as normal tickets.  you could get a cat 3 in the south premium.  Reality is though that many will be used for the hospitality tickets.  
I would have thought Level 4 would be used for the hospitality tickets?
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:22am
Should we qualify what do we reckon the requirement will be for tickets from the FAI? What was it at Euro 2012/16?
Danger here, OH NO
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Should we qualify what do we reckon the requirement will be for tickets from the FAI? What was it at Euro 2012/16?

It'll be run like a regular away game so I imagine it will be a season ticket plus 'x' number of the last aways in order to get a ticket. 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I would have thought Level 4 would be used for the hospitality tickets?

There are various hospitality packages.  Many are just an expensive normal seat.  
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It'll be run like a regular away game so I imagine it will be a season ticket plus 'x' number of the last aways in order to get a ticket. 

Have you heard this from a good source or is it a guess?

I don't know and have been trying to find out how it will be done.  My best guess is that it isn't decided yet. 

It may well be as you suggest.  However there is a school of thought that season ticket holders should be looked after as well.  So you could offer one game to a season ticket holder particularly if we were lucky enough to have three at home.  
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:01pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Have you heard this from a good source or is it a guess?

I don't know and have been trying to find out how it will be done.  My best guess is that it isn't decided yet. 

It may well be as you suggest.  However there is a school of thought that season ticket holders should be looked after as well.  So you could offer one game to a season ticket holder particularly if we were lucky enough to have three at home.  

It's technically an away tournament so should be run like every other tournament has been, season ticket and x amount of aways.
You can't cater for every FAI season ticket holder who only goes to home games, it just wouldn't be possible. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 44>
  Share Topic