You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Surprised this hasn't been bumped with the statement today 

Spanish FA have said Bilbao unable to host with spectators

Yeah seen that this morning, that's one group so i suppose much easier to switch to say Manchester and have games in Old Trafford and Etihad.

Munich and Budapest from Group F similar again could just switch to somewhere with Two stadiums Liverpool, Birmingham for example (haven't included London due to London already hosting games) 

City plan on ripping the pitch up at the end of the season and putting in a complete new system and Old Trafford is consider not up to tournament standard by UEFA 

In what way?

Think it was something about areas behind goals for warm up/ advertising space 

Yea run off areas around the pitch are banked which is the big issue and the main one. There's loads of other elements which have been made known to them when the went to bid for finals. There's been no work to the ground in over 10 years. If they did get the 2030 world cup it will need a major face lift
Sponsored Links

wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 3:55pm
Does my head in not moving it to Russia or england/UK where they can have a good number of fans would be a much better tournament 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 4:16pm

Yeah seen that this morning, that's one group so i suppose much easier to switch to say Manchester and have games in Old Trafford and Etihad.

Munich and Budapest from Group F similar again could just switch to somewhere with Two stadiums Liverpool, Birmingham for example (haven't included London due to London already hosting games) 

City plan on ripping the pitch up at the end of the season and putting in a complete new system and Old Trafford is consider not up to tournament standard by UEFA 

In what way?

Yea run off areas around the pitch are banked which is the big issue and the main one. There's loads of other elements which have been made known to them when the went to bid for finals. There's been no work to the ground in over 10 years. If they did get the 2030 world cup it will need a major face lift

Mental to think that a great stadium like Old Trafford is not up to scratch but some people think Thurles GAA is capable of hosting world cup gamesLOL

A f**king field with a few barns round it for standsLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 4:43pm
Don't think it will happen but shouldn't they postpone it to August and by then far more people in Europe will be vaccinated? 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 4:47pm
Will we be getting refunds now or what's the process? 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

You can log in and put your ticket up for refund until 19th April. You probably won't see the money hitting your bank account until after the tournament though. 

Edited by ConorMac77 - 08 Apr 2021 at 4:51pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 5:07pm

Don't think it will happen but shouldn't they postpone it to August and by then far more people in Europe will be vaccinated? 
Domestic seasons start in August across most of Europe. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

You can log in and put your ticket up for refund until 19th April. You probably won't see the money hitting your bank account until after the tournament though. 

And if I hold out and they move the matches elsewhere I lose out? 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:35pm

In what way?

Mental to think that a great stadium like Old Trafford is not up to scratch but some people think Thurles GAA is capable of hosting world cup gamesLOL
OT is a legend of a stadium and looks great on TV but is a kip by modern stadium standarsds. Tiny seats with awful legroom, tiny concourse areas for halftime pints.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

In what way?

OT is a legend of a stadium and looks great on TV but is a kip by modern stadium standarsds. Tiny seats with awful legroom, tiny concourse areas for halftime pints.

I was in it once.  Celtic Park is the same way though.  Went to an old firm game and there was about 1 ft legroom if that in the 'posh seats'.  Think there was more legroom behind the goals when we were there in 2014.

If that's bad what is Semple Stadium?LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:21am

In what way?

I was in it once.  Celtic Park is the same way though.  Went to an old firm game and there was about 1 ft legroom if that in the 'posh seats'.  Think there was more legroom behind the goals when we were there in 2014.

Fkn Hell, I thought Parc Des Princes in Paris was showing it's age when I went to the Euro 2016 match between Romania and Switzerland. My seat was in the front row of the upper West stand and I had a big wall right in front of me with very little leg room and the fans in the rows behind me looked to also have very little legroom. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 10:46am
A few things.

Assuming the games are moved then fans who kept their tickets for Dublin will be offered another chance of a refund.  Otherwise it is a lottery for tickets although not too many losers for Sweden v Slovakia I guess. 

Your money is safe with UEFA and in the end you will either get a refund or tickets.  If the games get moved you will have another chance to claim a refund before the ticket ballot.  I'm holding out as long as possible.  

Bilbao is a battle between the Basque government and the Spanish Federation.  The Basques have said fans are allowed but only under certain conditions which are impossible to meet.  It always seemed a strange one to me.

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 10:53am

In what way?

Fkn Hell, I thought Parc Des Princes in Paris was showing it's age when I went to the Euro 2016 match between Romania and Switzerland. My seat was in the front row of the upper West stand and I had a big wall right in front of me with very little leg room and the fans in the rows behind me looked to also have very little legroom. LOL
Selhurst Park the worst I've been in for legroom. Was standing and it was still a squeezeLOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

In what way?

Selhurst Park the worst I've been in for legroom. Was standing and it was still a squeezeLOL

The last time I was in Selhurst park in the away end, I stood in the spot where my seat should have been. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

In what way?

The last time I was in Selhurst park in the away end, I stood in the spot where my seat should have been. 
The old Wembley  behind the goals when we played them in the 1-1 draw was as bad as i have seen , i recall my legs were cuts to bits when we scored from jumping up and down .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 12:36pm
Yes, Old Trafford is rather tatty these days and no longer a UEFA Category A stadium.

From two years ago, but still applies. Nothing has changed since.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:10am
UEFA look set tomorrow to take our matches away. They're looking at Tottenham as a replacement. I presume automatic refunds for everyone now? 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:33am

UEFA look set tomorrow to take our matches away. They're looking at Tottenham as a replacement. I presume automatic refunds for everyone now? 
I’d say they’ll have more pressing issues to deal with tomorrow.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344>
  Share Topic