You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 44>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 5:13pm
This clarification from UEFA is good news.
I have cancelled my return of the tickets for Dublin matches now too.

Thanks to the YBIG Mandate email for including this information from FSE statement.

Sponsored Links

Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 2:46pm
Good to see the refunds in the bank account this morning. Nice and simple process.Decided to keep 1 €50 ticket for a Poland game but fairly certain that will be refunded closer to the date.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:11pm
Surprised this hasn't been bumped with the statement today 

Edited by lassassinblanc - 07 Apr 2021 at 8:11pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Think we all saw it coming anyway
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:11pm

Spanish FA have said Bilbao unable to host with spectators

Edited by Denis Irwin - 07 Apr 2021 at 9:12pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:46pm
No way Munich can confirm fans either at this stage.
Would imagine Budapest in a similar situation
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:50pm
If it's as many as 4 cities they might just leave them be. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Yeah seen that this morning, that's one group so i suppose much easier to switch to say Manchester and have games in Old Trafford and Etihad.

Munich and Budapest from Group F similar again could just switch to somewhere with Two stadiums Liverpool, Birmingham for example (haven't included London due to London already hosting games) 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:51pm
I would expect a few countries to pull out as hosts.  Whatever about local fans attending there's no way countries will want people travelling over for quarter final games etc from other countries with that Brazilian variant rampant in Europe.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:59pm
but lads I read on another thread that it was embarrassing that Ireland couldn’t guarantee fans 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 2:04pm
You'd have to have wondered if UEFA even had a PLAN B for the this scenario (PLAN A was obviously to postpone for a year).

Again you'd like to have some hope (probably the wrong word) that UEFA has been discussing the potential move to a single country host be it England, Germany or wherever  more for the welfare of the players rather then fans. (Of course I know no Fans means no money for UEFA so that's obviously all they care about).

Maybe the likes of Spain,Germany etc. expressing doubts is a little swipe by them towards UEFA only worrying about revenue.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 08 Apr 2021 at 2:05pm
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 2:14pm

Yeah seen that this morning, that's one group so i suppose much easier to switch to say Manchester and have games in Old Trafford and Etihad.

Munich and Budapest from Group F similar again could just switch to somewhere with Two stadiums Liverpool, Birmingham for example (haven't included London due to London already hosting games) 

City plan on ripping the pitch up at the end of the season and putting in a complete new system and Old Trafford is consider not up to tournament standard by UEFA 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 2:15pm
A bit like their team 
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

City plan on ripping the pitch up at the end of the season and putting in a complete new system and Old Trafford is consider not up to tournament standard by UEFA 

In what way?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 2:38pm
yeah it’s really showing it’s age the last time I was there and I believe the comms infrastructure is poor also. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 2:55pm

You'd have to have wondered if UEFA even had a PLAN B for the this scenario (PLAN A was obviously to postpone for a year).

Again you'd like to have some hope (probably the wrong word) that UEFA has been discussing the potential move to a single country host be it England, Germany or wherever  more for the welfare of the players rather then fans. (Of course I know no Fans means no money for UEFA so that's obviously all they care about).

Maybe the likes of Spain,Germany etc. expressing doubts is a little swipe by them towards UEFA only worrying about revenue.
I doubt they had planned for the scenario where multiple countries were out of action, we've never really seen that in the tournament era. Presumably they had Plan B's in case any particular country was ruled out for local reasons (financial, terrorism etc)
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

In what way?

Think it was something about areas behind goals for warm up/ advertising space 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

but lads I read on another thread that it was embarrassing that Ireland couldn’t guarantee fans 😀😀

You can guarantee fans but still keep travel restrictions in place. Like the Olympics it could be just domestic fans and in ireland we have the added benefit that we have large polish and Slovak communities and a fair few swedes so they could have also brought the bit of colour. 

I did mention it was over cautious to say we couldn't guarantee a fraction of fans. 

That said, someone raised a valid point that the Aviva is a vaccination center so I do see the argument that it's better that it is used to vaccinate our people rather than handing it over to uefa for several weeks. I hadn't thought of that when I posted 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 44>
  Share Topic