You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 44>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by johnp30133 johnp30133 wrote:

Whats the craic with selling tickets, face value of course. Got a couple of Polish friends looking for tickets and rather they go than me.
Do they check names on tickets and the like?

UEFA and FIFA always say tickets are not transferrable.  They say they check names.

I have never heard of anyone ever been denied entry to a game at a Euros or World Cup because the name on their passport doesn't match the name on their ticket.  

Now even allowing for the above a new condition was inserted in the latest email

"Should you or your guests no longer be able to attend UEFA EURO 2020™ for medical reasons, including COVID-19, you will have the option to transfer the ticket(s) to friends or family members."

So in June if Paddy thinks he might have COVID he can pass his ticket on to his mate Piotr with UEFA's blessing. 

Reading between the lines I think UEFA want tickets back.  Reduced capacity is the likely outcome. 

Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Whats the craic with selling tickets, face value of course. Got a couple of Polish friends looking for tickets and rather they go than me.

UEFA and FIFA always say tickets are not transferrable.  They say they check names.

I have never heard of anyone ever been denied entry to a game at a Euros or World Cup because the name on their passport doesn't match the name on their ticket.  

Now even allowing for the above a new condition was inserted in the latest email

"Should you or your guests no longer be able to attend UEFA EURO 2020™ for medical reasons, including COVID-19, you will have the option to transfer the ticket(s) to friends or family members."

So in June if Paddy thinks he might have COVID he can pass his ticket on to his mate Piotr with UEFA's blessing. 

Reading between the lines I think UEFA want tickets back.  Reduced capacity is the likely outcome. 

All Games in the one country as well I reckon 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 1:53pm
Shame. Had tickets for all the games in Dublin. Would’ve been nice to see the French or Germans knock the English out in the Aviva. I’d say the Gardai will be delighted they won’t have to deal with the Brexit lads if the games are moved.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I seen on the news that Japan is still considering if the Olympics will go ahead.
A poll in Japan was in favour of cancelling.

The IOC have ruled out moving them to 2022.
So it’s either held or cancelled.
Olympics is very unpopular in Japan right now, big political hot potato, usual debate of it being a waste of money. There's a load of new costs with delaying it a year
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I seen on the news that Japan is still considering if the Olympics will go ahead.
A poll in Japan was in favour of cancelling.

The IOC have ruled out moving them to 2022.
So it’s either held or cancelled.

Id prefer the Euro to be moved to Summer 2022 - even tho we aren’t there I’d rather see a tournament full with fans. It will be the first time for many (Scots, Macedonia etc)

The World Cup is in Nov/Dec so it’s possible but will mean a lot of football for the players.  

Clubs would never agree this happening. UEFA will make sure it happens this year in some way or another. 
I'm 90% sure it'll be held in one country with no fans. I just can't see there being enough vaccinated in time for it. You've 8 host countries, 24 competing countries, bit of overlap so call it 20 countries that need to be well progressed with their vaccines.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 2:17pm
One country with reduced fans. Country with the infrastructure.....

Wll likely be UK, France or Germany. Or could be something Germany until semi, Wembley for semi and final
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Wll likely be UK, France or Germany. Or could be something Germany until semi, Wembley for semi and final

Which country would like the money and don’t give a flying f**k if COVID cases go up?
Hello Russia!!

The problem is a lot of countries won’t want to give up their games.
Not a hope UK gives up the final and semifinal. 

I’d bet UEFA will keep as is to please the masses. 
It will be left to each country to decide how many fans at the games.

johnp30133 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp30133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Ha! Thats a fair point. 
Yeah, you're probably right. Even though a bunch of people will be vaccinated, the best they can probably hope for is reduced capacity. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 3:36pm

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Which country would like the money and don’t give a flying f**k if COVID cases go up?
Hello Russia!!

The problem is a lot of countries won’t want to give up their games.
Not a hope UK gives up the final and semifinal. 

I’d bet UEFA will keep as is to please the masses. 
It will be left to each country to decide how many fans at the games.
I'd have thought UK would be a good bet, they're mad to win it as a big national solidarity "we're better without Europe" triumph. Would be excellent propaganda. They already had the semis and finals, and could leave the Glasgow games. Plenty of suitable stadiums
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 11:13am
The UK would be in the best position to host it given they'll have the bulk of the population vaccinated by the end of spring or at least have all those deemed vulnerable done and dusted in about 6 weeks time. Fatalities will very low by the time uefa sit down in March to make a decision. They are way ahead of other potential single country host candidates in Europe and as Shedite said would be eager to host it following Brexit. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 17 Jan 2021 at 11:16am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 11:28am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

The UK would be in the best position to host it given they'll have the bulk of the population vaccinated by the end of spring or at least have all those deemed vulnerable done and dusted in about 6 weeks time. Fatalities will very low by the time uefa sit down in March to make a decision. They are way ahead of other potential single country host candidates in Europe and as Shedite said would be eager to host it following Brexit. 
UK and Germany the only sensible options with UK in front, Germany hosting in 2024 and doubt politically they’d want it but this is football so sense doesn’t always come into it. They’ll try to push ahead with the multi hosts approach.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 12:45pm
Wouldn't rule Russia out, they were the ones mentioned first and are also flying through their vaccinations as of late 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 1:32pm
England could be more likely given they were to host the semis and final anyway

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Jan 2021 at 1:33pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

England could be more likely given they were to host the semis and final anyway

They have the infrastructure and as you say already have both semifinals and final which they won’t give up.
Also the UK should have everybody over 50 vaccinated by June.

Even without away fans they could (mostly) fill the stadiums locally.

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:14pm
After the stories from last week, UEFA have now clarified Euro 2020 ticket situation, stating if : "a match is moved to a venue which is more than 50km away from original venue, ticket buyers would be entitled to full refund if they cannot, or do not wish to, attend.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

After the stories from last week, UEFA have now clarified Euro 2020 ticket situation, stating if : "a match is moved to a venue which is more than 50km away from original venue, ticket buyers would be entitled to full refund if they cannot, or do not wish to, attend.
Ffs, why could they not have done this last week? I had a ticket for the R16 match at Wembley which I have given up for refund. I would have held onto it if they had made this clear in the first place. Angry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Ffs, why could they not have done this last week? I had a ticket for the R16 match at Wembley which I have given up for refund. I would have held onto it if they had made this clear in the first place. Angry

You can cancel you return till the 29th i think 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

You can cancel you return till the 29th i think 
Oh good, I'll try that, thanks CC. Thumbs Up

Edit: Just tried it, and yes, it worked. Clap

Btw the deadline is actually 26th January, just in case anyone is leaving it till near the last minute to make up their minds. 

Edited by ConorMac77 - 20 Jan 2021 at 4:40pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 44>
  Share Topic