You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 44>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:08pm
agreed, and all away fans will generally have a ST too. So if you went off ST’s then you’d need to rank them and use away games so you would be in the same place
Sponsored Links

Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:14pm
How many season tickets are there? A friend of mine got two tickets for Paris and Lille in the last euros with out any history with the FAI, so it’s hard to know what the qualification will be.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

How many season tickets are there? A friend of mine got two tickets for Paris and Lille in the last euros with out any history with the FAI, so it’s hard to know what the qualification will be.

He might not have needed a history given we had decent allocations for those games and all away regulars would have been sorted so it works it's way down through the rest of the season ticket holders then.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Should we qualify what do we reckon the requirement will be for tickets from the FAI? What was it at Euro 2012/16?

It'll be run like a regular away game so I imagine it will be a season ticket plus 'x' number of the last aways in order to get a ticket. 

Have you heard this from a good source or is it a guess?

I don't know and have been trying to find out how it will be done.  My best guess is that it isn't decided yet. 

It may well be as you suggest.  However there is a school of thought that season ticket holders should be looked after as well.  So you could offer one game to a season ticket holder particularly if we were lucky enough to have three at home.  

It's technically an away tournament so should be run like every other tournament has been, season ticket and x amount of aways.
You can't cater for every FAI season ticket holder who only goes to home games, it just wouldn't be possible. 
I would say a lot of season ticket holders should get sorted anyway. For the last Euros I only had 2 season tickets previously and applied for Cat 1 in all games and was successful. Have a much better record now 7 out of the last 9 aways and the season tickets so will be safe enough but hopefully we get a decent allocation so the tickets fall into the right hands. We will probably have 15000/16000 season ticket holders and I’d imagine our allocation would be about 10,000 for the games at home so some season ticket holders will be lucky.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Should we qualify what do we reckon the requirement will be for tickets from the FAI? What was it at Euro 2012/16?

It'll be run like a regular away game so I imagine it will be a season ticket plus 'x' number of the last aways in order to get a ticket. 

I don't know and have been trying to find out how it will be done.  My best guess is that it isn't decided yet. 

It may well be as you suggest.  However there is a school of thought that season ticket holders should be looked after as well.  So you could offer one game to a season ticket holder particularly if we were lucky enough to have three at home.  

It's technically an away tournament so should be run like every other tournament has been, season ticket and x amount of aways.
You can't cater for every FAI season ticket holder who only goes to home games, it just wouldn't be possible. 
I would say a lot of season ticket holders should get sorted anyway. For the last Euros I only had 2 season tickets previously and applied for Cat 1 in all games and was successful. Have a much better record now 7 out of the last 9 aways and the season tickets so will be safe enough but hopefully we get a decent allocation so the tickets fall into the right hands. We will probably have 15000/16000 season ticket holders and I’d imagine our allocation would be about 10,000 for the games at home so some season ticket holders will be lucky.
Yup agree there, all supporters with an away record are fine. Like I said you can't cater for every season ticket holder and like you said some will be lucky. You'd imagine some sort of ballot would be held for season ticket holders.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:38pm
Will it be Dublin-Bilbao-Dublin or what order will the matches be?
Danger here, OH NO
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:46pm

Will it be Dublin-Bilbao-Dublin or what order will the matches be?

That wont be none till the draw is made
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:54pm
thought it was already known that if Spain top their group and we're second in ours (or through via playoffs) we've Spain away and it's Dublin-Bilbao-Dublin.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

thought it was already known that if Spain top their group and we're second in ours (or through via playoffs) we've Spain away and it's Dublin-Bilbao-Dublin.

It’s a while since I read it but I think finishing first or second has no relevance. It’s automatic qualification over qualification via playoff if I remember right or understood it in the first place.

Edited by Colum - 12 Jun 2019 at 1:59pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:10pm
You could be right, I'm not 100%. I'd rather play Spain in Bilbao than Dublin anyway. Wouldn't imagine too many locals will be that pushed about supporting Spain and we'll lose regardless of where it's played.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

You could be right, I'm not 100%. I'd rather play Spain in Bilbao than Dublin anyway. Wouldn't imagine too many locals will be that pushed about supporting Spain and we'll lose regardless of where it's played.

When I lived over there it was the 2014 World Cup and they set off fireworks everytime the Dutch scored against them. SO not a big local support but "Spain" is only down the road.
Danger here, OH NO
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:22pm
The Aviva is 51,700 so break it down trough allocation (this is guess work)
10,000 pre tournament draw tickets
15,000 to each set of football associations 
10,000 to sponsors 
Now between the raffle in August for tickets and trough the FAI after the draw is made every season ticket holder should be sorted, the only thing is an over subscription for the €50 tickets and not enough for the higher priced tickets. Personally I’ll be applying for the higher priced ones as we don’t have any travel expenses and Ireland playing in a major tournament on home soil will be a one in a life time experience.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:25pm

10,000 to sponsors 
Now between the raffle in August for tickets and trough the FAI after the draw is made every season ticket holder should be sorted, the only thing is an over subscription for the €50 tickets and not enough for the higher priced tickets. Personally I’ll be applying for the higher priced ones as we don’t have any travel expenses and Ireland playing in a major tournament on home soil will be a one in a life time experience.

And of that 15000 probably 10,000 will go to actual fans
Danger here, OH NO
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:26pm

10,000 to sponsors 

And of that 15000 probably 10,000 will go to actual fans
65% after abbey and football family get their cut.

EDIT: Actually would abbey be entitled to tickets, i cant remember what way 2016 worked, but they aren't a UEFA agent.

Edited by wanderer - 12 Jun 2019 at 2:29pm
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 3:32pm
Think I'll give cat 2 a go
They've only gone and done it
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 3:34pm
So if Spain win their group and we qualify thru the playoffs, we'd be away to Spain the second game and not the first or last? Shame it's the Friday game that would be away.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 3:37pm
What tickets are you applying for? Want to give the Dublin games a go and then perhaps the semi / final in Wembley
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 3:48pm

The FAI decide how to allocate the FAI's allocation.  There is an argument (I don't agree with it) that all season ticket holders should get one game each.  This is a historic home tournament.  

We could still be playing in Bilbao on any of the 3 matchdays.  Likewise Spain could be in Dublin on any of these days. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 44>
  Share Topic