You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 44>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc
    Posted: 19 May 2019 at 3:50pm
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/newsid=2604909.html

Final is almost €1000 euro for cat 1
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 3:54pm
The fckin dole will be broke on mersyside
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 3:55pm
The people's game.Clap
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 4:03pm
Didn't bother with the public sale in 2016 just waited until we got our allocation.

Might take in a few games this time though seeing as we'll have little travel if we qualify 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 4:56pm
Not sure if I'll bother with the public phase either.

The main thing is that it is not clear which game will be in Spain if we both qualify & if we are away. At the minute, it could literally be any of the games.

The game on 19 June is the only one worth applying for from our group, as the one in Bilbao in the second round is on 20 June.

The last thing you want is to have a ticket for the game in Dublin if we are playing Spain in Bilbao on the same day, as UEFA will not allow you to buy a ticket for two games on the same day.

I might change my mind and apply for final tickets during this phase all the same, even with those mad prices.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 19 May 2019 at 4:57pm
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The main thing is that it is not clear which game will be in Spain if we both qualify & if we are away. At the minute, it could literally be any of the games.

The game on 19 June is the only one worth applying for from our group, as the one in Bilbao in the second round is on 20 June.

The last thing you want is to have a ticket for the game in Dublin if we are playing Spain in Bilbao on the same day, as UEFA will not allow you to buy a ticket for two games on the same day.

I might change my mind and apply for final tickets during this phase all the same, even with those mad prices.
Could always sell it on the portal if it comes to that? Think I’ll apply anyway for the Dublin games as would still like to go to the games if we don’t qualify.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:17pm

So there's no point in using the public sale to get tickets for the Dublin games then ?

I'll probably just applying through the FAI if we get there anyway. Probably be plenty of tickets available through that allocation 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

So there's no point in using the public sale to get tickets for the Dublin games then ?

I'll probably just applying through the FAI if we get there anyway. Probably be plenty of tickets available through that allocation 

I'd imagine fai will get allocated between 5-10 thousand for this if we qualify. Anyone with a decent record will get sorted through them like what happened in 2016.

Anyone that had little or no away record be worthwhile trying to get tickets through the public sale as will be no chance of them getting 1s from fai. People will think having a season ticket will see them getting tickets but can't see that happening
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

I'd imagine fai will get allocated between 5-10 thousand for this if we qualify. Anyone with a decent record will get sorted through them like what happened in 2016.

Anyone that had little or no away record be worthwhile trying to get tickets through the public sale as will be no chance of them getting 1s from fai. People will think having a season ticket will see them getting tickets but can't see that happening
Yeah I agree can't see a season ticket having much effect on its own. It's an away tournament technically so it'll be season ticket and away record.  

Just have to qualify first LOL
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:00pm
A season ticket will be very far from being enough. You'll definitely need a good away record if we do qualify.

I suppose it is possible to apply for tickets for all the Dublin games which is 50/50 to host all our games if we qualify automatically, will definitely have two Ireland games if we qualify and, even if we are away to Spain in Bilbao, there'll be 1/3 chance that you can get the ticket for the Bilbao game without having to sell the Dublin game ticket, if we are away to Spain in the middle game.

And if we don't qualify, then at least you'll have tickets for all three group games in Dublin.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:20pm

A season ticket will be very far from being enough. You'll definitely need a good away record if we do qualify.

I suppose it is possible to apply for tickets for all the Dublin games which is 50/50 to host all our games if we qualify automatically, will definitely have two Ireland games if we qualify and, even if we are away to Spain in Bilbao, there'll be 1/3 chance that you can get the ticket for the Bilbao game without having to sell the Dublin game ticket, if we are away to Spain in the middle game.

And if we don't qualify, then at least you'll have tickets for all three group games in Dublin.

Will probably come back and look at it again after the Denmark game because that will probably give us a fair idea of what our chances might be like.

Either way your probably going to have season ticket holders who only go to home games being left disappointed by the FAI allocation if we qualify.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:23pm
thinking of applying for the 4 dublin games, the semis, and the final. Although pretty unlikely that if we qualify and get out of the group we’d play in that 4th Dublin game. 

Edited by cildaratown - 19 May 2019 at 7:23pm
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:08pm
Regarding allocation for Euro 2016 what was the story in terms of requirement? I was living abroad so relied on the portal. Was it ST plus away matches or what was the deal
Danger here, OH NO
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Regarding allocation for Euro 2016 what was the story in terms of requirement? I was living abroad so relied on the portal. Was it ST plus away matches or what was the deal
I only applied for tickets for the Belgium game and I got them. Two season tickets, think I’d one away in the last two years before that. Had the season ticket since 2012.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:37pm
Apologies if answered, but if we qualify and then draw to play Spain in Dublin, does that mean all 3 group games would be at home?

Would there also be a potential last 16 game in Dublin?
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:54pm
€125 for a cat 2 ticket for Dublin geoupnstages - holy jaysus
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:34pm
We cannot play in Dublin in the Rof16.

If Spain and ourselves qualify directly then we draw lots for the home game.  

If either Spain or ourselves qualify via the playoffs then the team that qualifies directly has home advantage.  

If one of us fails to qualify then the other has 3 home games.  

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:38pm
Cheers. So essentially 3 potential games in Dublin.

Draw in Copenhagen and we are on our way
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 44>
  Share Topic