You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bumping into famous footballers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

- Meeting a pissed up Andy Goram at the BDO darts and me wearing my Ireland jersey. 
I’d say the three of you had a great time.
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

This is going back about 10 years but I had a mutually suited booty call situation with a local lass. There was no stress or jealousy etc. So following the tacitly agreed template, I hopped out of taxi near her apartment at around 4am and gave her a bell. She answered with a bit of raucous background noise audible. She was getting a cab and there sounded like lads in tow so I offered to bow out gracefully. She said nah hang on, she'll be back in about 15 minutes. So I'm standing around kicking my heels waiting for a bit when the taxi pulls up and out jumps the girl in question with one of her mates and two lads. On closer inspection one of the fella's was Keith Gillespie. This was a bit disconcerting as we piled into the gaff from my perspective and I would have classed the ride forecast as looking a bit cloudy. It appeared that KG had got the lips off my one in town and her pal had done likewise with the other punter. The two boys were clearing weighing things up as my presence probably wasn't on their agenda when they agreed to leave town. My own mind was wandering towards a humiliating defeat here, the set up was definitely screaming spare prick in a brothel. Anyway, I decided to put the best foot forward and try and have a laugh and see where that took me. We settled down on the sofas and the drinks were poured. The lads were spot on and were well up for a chat and a few gargles. Being a football fan, I was enjoying quizzing KG and he was more than happy to chew the fat. As the time ticked away, everyone is sort of wondering what way this is going. I gave the hostess a hand replenishing the drinks and said that if I was cramping her style then I'll head on home and have a pedal, it's no bother at all. She gave it some thought and then said to stay. So we hit the bedroom before she changed her mind. I subsequently found out that KG took the news like a champ and wiped his mates eye by copping out with the other girl. Presumably the other lad was relegated to pulling his plum but all was well that ended well from my point of view. 

Now that’s a story Clap

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 2:18pm
A poster on here had an intimate night with a former premier league footballers missus a good few years back Clap
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

- Meeting a pissed up Andy Goram at the BDO darts and me wearing my Ireland jersey. 
I’d say the three of you had a great time.

LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 2:28pm
Seem to not say anything these days I had Scotty Arfield ( ex Burnley ) sit next to me the day after the final game of last season in Manchester Airport , now he could tell I was a Burnley fan as I had a shirt on but still didn't feel right saying something . I did kick myself afterwards as I should have said something about Rangers .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

When we were about 16 one of my friends got a hold of Nicky Butt’s number and we rang him around the clock. He answered a few times and was extremely angry. He goes very high-pitched when he is angry. It was over a week before he changed his number.
I had completely forgot about it until now. I still don’t know how he got his number!LOL

High pitched :)   He learned from the best at this Roy Keane 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

This is going back about 10 years but I had a mutually suited booty call situation with a local lass. There was no stress or jealousy etc. So following the tacitly agreed template, I hopped out of taxi near her apartment at around 4am and gave her a bell. She answered with a bit of raucous background noise audible. She was getting a cab and there sounded like lads in tow so I offered to bow out gracefully. She said nah hang on, she'll be back in about 15 minutes. So I'm standing around kicking my heels waiting for a bit when the taxi pulls up and out jumps the girl in question with one of her mates and two lads. On closer inspection one of the fella's was Keith Gillespie. This was a bit disconcerting as we piled into the gaff from my perspective and I would have classed the ride forecast as looking a bit cloudy. It appeared that KG had got the lips off my one in town and her pal had done likewise with the other punter. The two boys were clearing weighing things up as my presence probably wasn't on their agenda when they agreed to leave town. My own mind was wandering towards a humiliating defeat here, the set up was definitely screaming spare prick in a brothel. Anyway, I decided to put the best foot forward and try and have a laugh and see where that took me. We settled down on the sofas and the drinks were poured. The lads were spot on and were well up for a chat and a few gargles. Being a football fan, I was enjoying quizzing KG and he was more than happy to chew the fat. As the time ticked away, everyone is sort of wondering what way this is going. I gave the hostess a hand replenishing the drinks and said that if I was cramping her style then I'll head on home and have a pedal, it's no bother at all. She gave it some thought and then said to stay. So we hit the bedroom before she changed her mind. I subsequently found out that KG took the news like a champ and wiped his mates eye by copping out with the other girl. Presumably the other lad was relegated to pulling his plum but all was well that ended well from my point of view. 

Now that’s a story Clap

In Ross o Carroll Kelly language you went for the try rather than take the 3 points 
AKA pedantic kunt
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 3:40pm
Was away in Portugal few years back and Rio Ferdinand sat in a table couple over from us. He had his young family it wasn't long after his wife had died, so we just gave him a nod which he gave back.

For the rest of the night he was pestered by people asking for autographs and pictures etc. Before leaving he sent over a round of drinks to our table with a note saying thanks for being considerate and not interrupting his family time.

Met Peter Crouch the very next day on the beach with his missus seriously Jason Puncheon both really sound people.

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Was away in Portugal few years back and Rio Ferdinand sat in a table couple over from us. He had his young family it wasn't long after his wife had died, so we just gave him a nod which he gave back.

For the rest of the night he was pestered by people asking for autographs and pictures etc. Before leaving he sent over a round of drinks to our table with a note saying thanks for being considerate and not interrupting his family time.

Met Peter Crouch the very next day on the beach with his missus seriously Jason Puncheon both really sound people.

Wait, Peter Crouch is married to Jason Puncheon? What happened Abbie?

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 4:25pm
Not just Jason Puncheon, but ‘Seriously Jason Puncheon’, England’s best Jason Puncheon lookalike.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

A poster on here had an intimate night with a former premier league footballers missus a good few years back Clap

Do tell?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 10:51pm
Many of the usual heads of  Ireland, Celtic and Liverpool.

However after the home leg of 09 playoff in Croke Park, me and my pal meet Jean Pierre Papin in Jury's Hotel across the road. He was over working for French TV, anyways we hit it off and few drinks turns into shots at the bar, and taxi into town and down Baggot St. His English not the best, our French sh*te. Great craic but LOL... One night Bromance. 
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 10:56pm
Drank with Gary Doherty and Jason Byrne in the Ibis Bar in Lyon the night after France beat us at euros in 2016. Was a good laugh. only a handful of us there. Terribly nice fellas
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 11:23pm
I hope he wasn’t on the coke...
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 11:28pm
Was in CDG airport on me way to Armenia in 2010, sitting on one of those back to back seat benches waiting for boarding and just chatting with Deisedevil about the trip & game in general.  The chap at the other side of the bench, in an American accent says ''excuse me guys, do you know anything about Armenia or their players ? ''.  Looked around and there are 2 lads there with FC Randers tracksuits, so I said '' Nah, do you ? '' 

So he says ''Yeah, I play for them, so does my mate here'' (the other lad had no English). Anyway, that was Yura Mosisvyan the Armenia striker who played against us in that game (the other fella was the reserve right back for Armenia- both playing with FC Randers at the time).  Very humble chap, chatted away to us for a half an hour, was in awe of Robbie Keane and was looking forward to testing himself V Richard Dunne in the upcoming game. 

Spotted us getting off the plane going through passport control, waited for us, shook hands and wished us a pleasant stay in Armenia. My impression was that the fella was a total gent. 

Can't say I 'met' him, but shout to Stylian Petrov in 2009 who was walking across the road from the stadium to his car at the same time all the Irish fans were released from the stadium, very happy to get in any amount of photos with fans & sign autographs, another fella who seemed sound. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

Drank with Gary Doherty and Jason Byrne in the Ibis Bar in Lyon the night after France beat us at euros in 2016. Was a good laugh. only a handful of us there. Terribly nice fellas

I was chatting and boozing with the two lads after the game in Lyon also. The Doc is a Gent. I challenged Jason Byrne to a game of footee (football golf) on the Bohernabreena course and he agreed but subsequently declined my Facebook friend request so I’m claiming a walkover victory 😎
El Puto Amo
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 1:00am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Can't say I 'met' him, but shout to Stylian Petrov in 2009 who was walking across the road from the stadium to his car at the same time all the Irish fans were released from the stadium, very happy to get in any amount of photos with fans & sign autographs, another fella who seemed sound. 

Was one of said fans that Petrov happily posed for photos with.  Gentleman and it was funny how he was putting his gear into the boot outside the ground like a lad just finishing five a side.  No secure car park or anything.  

Another one is out in Portmarnock when I lived there, Aido calls around and has a few jerseys to get signed for some reason.  He walks into the hotel and is hanging around waiting for the players to come down for their dinner. Keane and Duffer spot Aido before he spots them.  Duffer does the sort of move that he did on Puyol in 2002 and manages to sneak past Aido without him spotting them.  The younger players like Gibson were not as savvy and for done Westwood too. I blame their subsequent Ireland careers on that incident. 
AKA pedantic kunt
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 9:29am
I met and got a photo with the Brazilian Ronaldo on holidays in Dubai at the tennis tournament there 2 years ago. My aunt works for the sponsors and got us tickets for the corporate section and Ronaldo came in with someone else sitting a few feet from us. He was  happy to pose for photos with people and seemed friendly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic