Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overrated Goals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overrated Goals
    Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:51am
Saw a tweet were a man was naming his top 3 over rated goals of all time. They were Beckham against Wimbledon, Van Persie's header against Spain and Beckham's free kick against Greece. .
One that I always thought was over rated was a Ronaldo free kick at home to Portsmouth. It won goal of the season that year I think.

Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:01pm
i think beckhams against greece was top notch , it was the last minutes of a do or die game and he delivered , 

pretty much all of ronaldos frees against also ran teams were lauded as the best goal ever. 

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:05pm
Beckham's free kick against Greece 100%, Mo Salah's Puskas award winner last year.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:14pm
For some reason, I've never thought Zidanes goal for Real Madrid v Bayer Leverkusen in the 2002 Champions League final is as good as it's made out to be. I know his technique was excellent but it just does nothing for me. Maybe it's the 1/2 dive from the keeper or the stupid looking green nets they used.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:16pm
Also, Gareth Bales goal in last years Champions League final, total fluke.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Beckham's free kick against Greece 100%, Mo Salah's Puskas award winner last year.

Spot on, forgot about that. A shot from inside the box
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

For some reason, I've never thought Zidanes goal for Real Madrid v Bayer Leverkusen in the 2002 Champions League final is as good as it's made out to be. I know his technique was excellent but it just does nothing for me. Maybe it's the 1/2 dive from the keeper or the stupid looking green nets they used.

Abso-bloody-exactly

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

i think beckhams against greece was top notch , it was the last minutes of a do or die game and he delivered , 

pretty much all of ronaldos frees against also ran teams were lauded as the best goal ever. 

Beckham's would have been top-notch if that wasn't his fifth or sixth free-kick from similar range in the match!  Similar to Wilkinson's 'heroics' in the rugby. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:43pm
The Andrea Schurrle goal at Burnley this season was over rated.
Good goal but not a goal of the season contender.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The Andrea Schurrle goal at Burnley this season was over rated.
Good goal but not a goal of the season contender.
LOLLOL

I thought the exact same watching MOTD on Sunday night. Good goal alright but not a goal of the season contender.

As You Were
Three in a row
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:07pm
Geoff Hurst's third goal in the 1966 world cup final. It looks spectacular and it's an iconic piece of commentary, but he's admitted it was very lucky.

"With the famous fourth goal, his thinking was he'd just hit it as hard as possible ... You can see him looking up. ... he admitted hitting the back of the net was the last thing on his mind."

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Saw a tweet were a man was naming his top 3 over rated goals of all time. They were Beckham against Wimbledon, Van Persie's header against Spain and Beckham's free kick against Greece. .
One that I always thought was over rated was a Ronaldo free kick at home to Portsmouth. It won goal of the season that year I think.

Ah away to f**k out of that, that was a brilliant goal.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:07pm
Di Canio's scissorkick for West Ham.

Shane Longs goal versus Germany. It luckily bounced up from the ground into his shin otherwise he would have lost control. Good shot though.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:10pm
George Weah vs Verona, 100% should have lost the ball at the halfway line
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:37pm
I'm not having Di Canio or Weah. Both brilliant goals.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I'm not having Di Canio or Weah. Both brilliant goals.
Or Van Persie. That was sensational.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:47pm
As was the (admittedly arguably offside) goal in 2013 in the game that won the league, where he volleyed it from over his shoulder from 30-odd yards, from Rooney's pass. I think it West Ham and the game finished 3-0. I think it was the first goal.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:49pm
It was Bruce Millington the editor of the racing post and Palace fan who gave those 3, Beckham (2) and Van Persie.
Don't agree that any of them were over rated TBH.
He said he just had to stick his head on the ball for the Van Persie one
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic