You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovision 2019 Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eurovision 2019 Thread
    Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:10pm
First Semi-final on tonight. ClapClapClap

Ireland not on until Thursday and the song is absolutely awful.

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:12pm
I actually think the song will do well, its a change from the last few years of sad sacks with a guitar. If she has a bit of charisma on stage I think we'll go through to Saturdays finals
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:22pm
It's 1/20 not to qualify and 8/1 to qualify. I'm not a fan of it but good luck to her. Hope she does well.

As You Were
Three in a row
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:37pm
The song is second in the semi running order, traditionally not the best place for wanting to qualify. The song is a grower, radically different to all the balladeer crap we've sent over the past 5-10 years, and a breadth of fresh air compared to the politically driven cowsht we sent to Lisbon 12 months ago.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

<span style=": rgb244, 244, 251;">The song is second in the semi running order, traditionally not the best place for wanting to qualify. The song is a grower, radically different to all the balladeer crap we've sent over the past 5-10 years, and a breadth of fresh air compared to the politically driven cowsht we sent to Lisbon 12 months ago.</span>

Heard Linda Martin interviewed last week, she’s not a fan of our song this year.....she said we should stick to ballads

50% of the vote is already cast for the semi-final.... each countries panel voted in the last day or so, the other 50% (public vote) is cast tomorrow.
A few strongly tipped songs (Poland & Portugal) failed to make it out of their semi last night.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:52pm
Actually thought Finland's song the other night was very good but it didn't get through. Had Darude of Sandstorm fame and all. San Marino getting through was a joke. Your man can't even sing, I think I could do just as well as he did.

Second Semi tonight. The standard looks to be better tonight judging by the odds. I heard Netherlands and Switzerland last night and both seem to be very strong. I don't give Ireland much of a chance. I thin we'd have had a better chance on Tuesday as the standard was very low.

As You Were
Three in a row
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:50pm
The Irish songDead
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:00pm
We conquered all of Europe

In ‘96 we stopped
From Amsterdam to Malmo
We won the f**kin’ lot
Niamh Kavanagh, Johnny Logan, the Rock ‘N’ Roll Kids
But this year we will boycott
As we protest at the Yids

Allez Allez Allez

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:03pm
My lovely horse was based on this

'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:09pm
Marty Whelan began presenting it in 1998. The man is a Jonah.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

In ‘96 we stopped
From Amsterdam to Malmo
We won the f**kin’ lot

Allez Allez Allez

LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:55pm
Could they have gotten a bigger Irish flag? LOL 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

In ‘96 we stopped
From Amsterdam to Malmo
We won the f**kin’ lot

Allez Allez Allez

LOL
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:32pm
Can we nominate Sid to write next year's entry ?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 6:37am
Just send U2
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 7:34am
Delighted she was knocked out, should never have went to this apartheid festival.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Delighted she was knocked out, should never have went to this apartheid festival.

Ah, come on now Sham : This was nothing to do with politics. I kept hearing people on the radio say this so it must be true.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Ah, come on now Sham : This was nothing to do with politics. I kept hearing people on the radio say this so it must be true.

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic