Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premier League 19/20 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 46>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:00pm
Big fan of any rule that limits the interpretation of the handball rules. Great thing in my book.
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:01pm
Coleman, do you remember Koscielnys goal against Burnley about 3 years ago, where he comically kicked the ball against his arm which was above his head, and he palmed the ball in. Perfectly legal goal btw.

That is the kind of farcical scenario being ruled against. A superb rule change.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:07pm
The biggest decision in the game by far is the Lamela foul
 That's a terrible call. The handball is a non issue besides how long it takes, which is important as well though.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Big fan of any rule that limits the interpretation of the handball rules. Great thing in my book.

Are you not worried about people aiming for people's arms becoming a tactical thing?

Like the Sadio Mane penalty in the CL final last season, that case it was deserved as the defender had his arms up in the air but sometime we'll see a situation where it's been deliberately targeted and the arms are positioned down by the sides and a penalty is given for it.

Is that really good for the game? It's a no from me.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Coleman, do you remember Koscielnys goal against Burnley about 3 years ago, where he comically kicked the ball against his arm which was above his head, and he palmed the ball in. Perfectly legal goal btw.

That is the kind of farcical scenario being ruled against. A superb rule change.

I do indeed LOLLOLLOL

I'll say this to ensure everyone knows where I stand ...but I've been a supporter of VAR since its introduction a few years back. Today was the first time I experienced it at a game. The correct decision was made even if it was against my team and denied Nelson his first competitive goal in professional football. The home support today simply accepted the decision and got on with it.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Are you not worried about people aiming for people's arms becoming a tactical thing?

Like the Sadio Mane penalty in the CL final last season, that case it was deserved as the defender had his arms up in the air but sometime we'll see a situation where it's been deliberately targeted and the arms are positioned down by the sides and a penalty is given for it.

Honestly, I’m not worried about that at all. If that’s a tactic that’s introduced so be it. And the current rules don’t actually prevent such a tactic working. Leaving the concept open to interpretation has not actually been great for the game.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:22pm

Was Laporte aiming for someone's arm when he flicked the ball on for Jesus goal?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:27pm

Was Laporte aiming for someone's arm when he flicked the ball on for Jesus goal?

Are you actually suggesting Laporte deliberately flicked the ball on with his arm rather than the ball just hitting it?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I do indeed LOLLOLLOL

I'll say this to ensure everyone knows where I stand ...but I've been a supporter of VAR since its introduction a few years back. Today was the first time I experienced it at a game. The correct decision was made even if it was against my team and denied Nelson his first competitive goal in professional football. The home support today simply accepted the decision and got on with it.

I have huge issues about VAR is being implemented, but the Jesus goal is a good call. It is a brilliant rule change in that the absolute farce that was Koscielnys goal a few years ago (he basically overhead full palmed the ball into the net) could never stand now. The referee saw that handball by Koscielny at the time as well, but it was a legitimate goal by the interpretation of the rules at the time.

Anyone saying that ruling out goals that were scored by attacking players getting away with handling in the build up to the goal or in the scoring of the goal, either don't know the rules or are for the birds. One or the other.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Are you actually suggesting Laporte deliberately flicked the ball on with his arm rather than the ball just hitting it?

Not for one second. Did I say that anywhere?

The rule has been changed. It is one of the best changes in football rules in decades imo. If the ball is played by the hand of the attacker in scoring the goal or in the build up to the goal, it will be disallowed. Black and white. No grey area. No intentional or unintentional.

As I've said numerous goals have legally been scored by arms or hands in years gone by, Koscielny one of the most farcical and memorable. 

Why would anyone take issue with this part of the handball rule I'll never know. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:34pm

Honestly, I’m not worried about that at all. If that’s a tactic that’s introduced so be it. And the current rules don’t actually prevent such a tactic working. Leaving the concept open to interpretation has not actually been great for the game.

It's just someone who has no idea of the rules Hetfield.

Coyne you realise that you could hit the ball directly off an opponents arm 100 times in a row in the penalty area, and as long as his arms are close enough to his side, never once will a penalty be given against the defending player?

Your like a clone of Planning believing every handball will be a penalty and players are walking around pitches aiming for opposition players arms LOL have you seen much of that this season btw under these fantasy handball rules LOL

Edited by Hans Moleman - 17 Aug 2019 at 8:35pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:35pm
you said he flicked it on with his arm, I took that as you suggesting it was deliberate 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:39pm

you said he flicked it on with his arm, I took that as you suggesting it was deliberate 

Why would you take that as me believing it to be deliberate?

He flicked it with his arm. It cannot be a goal from there. The rule fixes a rotten grey area in the game that has existed for a long long time.

Deliberate or accidental has nothing to do with it when handling a ball in the process of scoring a goal. Surely thats a really good thing?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:46pm
I wonder how many times Moleman wants to quote my posts begging for attention like some child with ADHD.

I believe he was warned in the other thread so mods do what you have to do. Thumbs Up
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:50pm

I wonder how many times Moleman wants to quote my posts begging for attention like some child with ADHD.

I believe he was warned in the other thread so mods do what you have to do. Thumbs Up

You understand that Jesus having a goal ruled out for a clear assist with the arm has absolutely nothing to do with your interpretation of all of these fantasy players walking around trying to hit the opposition with the ball in the hand? Sweet jaysus LOL The actual stupidity of it all is a sight to behold LOL

Next a goal will be disallowed for offside and you'll be saying that the new kick off rule is a disaster LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:53pm
Lads fcuk off reporting posts on a saturday night ffs, we've better things to be doing than have our emails hopping even if you haven't. 

Edited by Sham157 - 17 Aug 2019 at 8:54pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:58pm
Image result for sanchez handball goal gif

These are the kind of goals Coyner wants to still stand in football, because he's worried lads will walk around aiming for opposition players arms. What one situation has to do with the other, I don't know.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 17 Aug 2019 at 8:59pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 9:04pm

Why would you take that as me believing it to be deliberate?

He flicked it with his arm. It cannot be a goal from there. The rule fixes a rotten grey area in the game that has existed for a long long time.

Deliberate or accidental has nothing to do with it when handling a ball in the process of scoring a goal. Surely thats a really good thing?

See you just said it again, “he flicked it with him arm” to me that’s making it sound deliberate 

He didn’t flick it, the ball hit his arm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 46>
  Share Topic