Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premier League 19/20 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 46>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Garry Monk  is  the favourite for the Newcastle job currently with Mark Hughes  second with the bookies.
LOLLOL
You would nearly feel sorry for them. Nearly!

Pray for Mojo
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Garry Monk  is  the favourite for the Newcastle job currently with Mark Hughes  second with the bookies.
LOLLOL
You would nearly feel sorry for them. Nearly!

Pray for Mojo

LOL LOL LOL 

Hughes isn't Black and White he is Grey and Grey
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 3:30pm
Fabian Delph has joined Everton £8.5m rising to a potential £10m

Ravel Morrison has joined Sheffield United. (Not the first time he's been involved with blades i'd imagine Tongue)

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 9:42am
Bruce confirmed as Newcastle manager.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Zaha wants to leave Palace to play CL football apparently 
Who’d take him? Liverpool or Tottenham?

You know, there are teams in the CL from outside the Premier League too....

How's that move to the continent working out for him?
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 5:48pm

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Zaha wants to leave Palace to play CL football apparently 
Who’d take him? Liverpool or Tottenham?

You know, there are teams in the CL from outside the Premier League too....

How's that move to the continent working out for him?

What move would that be?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 10:00pm
I had a fiver on 4 1 to Pool at 11/1.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:00pm
Aguero not happy been taken off their words exchanged between him and pep on the touchline
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:34pm
The new handball rule is a disgrace.

As much as I dislike Man City and Pep's baldy head, they were robbed because of the new handball rule.

Edited by coyne - 17 Aug 2019 at 7:35pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:39pm
Aye not a fan of the rule at all.

VAR done it’s job on that one, don’t know how City weren’t awarded a penalty in the first half mind.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:45pm
Right decision, but it was too slow.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Aye not a fan of the rule at all.

VAR done it’s job on that one, don’t know how City weren’t awarded a penalty in the first half mind.

Should have got that penalty for Lamela dragging at a corner alright.

It's a handball by Laporte so definitely the correct decision. Lovely finish by Jesus. I think it's a good rule about the handball while scoring a goal, clears up a horrible grey area in the game. How long did it take  VAR to make the call, that's the big thing? Seemed quick enough this time, as it should be in such a black and white call.

That's strike 1 for Liverpool in the title race this season. Huge result for Spurs psychologically as well I think.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

How long did it take?

Were the City players back at half way? Was hard to spot as they were showing replays and Agureo and Guardiola hugging, which was great to see LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:52pm

VAR isn't the talking point.

It's the new stupid rule where it's handball even if his hands are down by his side, regardless if it's unintentional, in a natural position or anything.

Are outfield players meant to amputate their arms or something. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The new handball rule is a disgrace.

As much as I dislike Man City and Pep's baldy head, they were robbed because of the new handball rule.

LOL LOL LOL

Robbed LOL by a clear decision. Black and white rule. If that winner was given only one team would have been robbed, Spurs.

City robbed LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

VAR isn't the talking point.

It's the new stupid rule where it's handball even if his hands are down by his side, regardless if it's unintentional, in a natural position or anything.

Are outfield players meant to amputate their arms or something. 

Do you know the rules?

Using a hand in the assist or scoring of a goal is now against the rules. Probably the best rule change in the last 20 years of football. Clears up a huge grey area. Everyone is aware of the change. 

City robbed. F*ck me LOL
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:58pm
I was at Arsenal Burnley today. We had a VAR decision which ruled out a goal for Arsenal on the stroke of half time. As an Arsenal fan I found it a fairly dramatic experience. At first we celebrated as anyone would then the ref signaled that VAR were checking something. The suspense for the next 30 to 60 seconds had the crowd on tenterhooks. People were weirdly giddy, that was perhaps down to novelty...a chant even broke out for 10 or so seconds. Alas the decision went against us however I felt the experience didn't overly constrain the game.

It'll be interesting come the end of the season to compare last seasons rules (applied to this season) to how many results will have been changed this season because of VAR. For example both of Arsenal's and City's goals today would have stood (which as a result would have meant 3 points for City instead of 1) had it not been for VAR. I'm sure some brainbox is on the case.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:59pm
Coyne saying city robbed by the rules :)
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 46>
  Share Topic