Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premier League 19/20 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 46>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Premier League 19/20 Season
    Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:12am
The betting markets are already up and Powers have City as 8/13 favourites. Liverpool are 13/5 second favourites and you’re looking at 14/1 + for any of the rest.

Wouldn’t surprise if those two teams are fighting it out for the next 2/3 seasons.

No doubt Pep will be eyeing the CL, another forward player might be brought on as it’s nearly impossible to win all around you with only 2 out and out strikers. Aguero is pushing 31 this year also!

I think Liverpool will definitely need a creative midfielder and maybe one other key signing. Klopp might look at rotating a bit more then as we’re likely to have seen the end of Sturridge, Mignolet, Moreno etc (Players he’s not fully trusting of) 

Chelsea will likely use Abraham, Mount, Zouma etc especially if the transfer ban will be uphold! It might not be any harm as their season reignited when Hudson-Odi and Loftus Cheek started to get game time. 

Arsenal’s small budget, United seemingly in transition (again) and how much will Levy give Poch to spend! Should be a fascinating summer!

It’ll be good to have Sheffield United and Norwich back up, Farke and Wilder are good characters too that will add a bit more flair to the league.

Who joins them? Leeds vs Villa would be an epic clash in the play off final 
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:30am
I could see next season being Aguero's last.
City are going to have to start looking for a replacement sooner or later.

Agree that Liverpool will look to strengthen midfield with a creative player or two. Maybe another centre half and get rid of Lovren? They're linked with Timo Werner today too. A better replacement striker than Sturridge would be good for them too.

Looks to be between these two next season again. Tottenham are 3 or 4 players short of being consistent enough to challenge.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I could see next season being Aguero's last.
City are going to have to start looking for a replacement sooner or later.

Agree that Liverpool will look to strengthen midfield with a creative player or two. Maybe another centre half and get rid of Lovren? They're linked with Timo Werner today too. A better replacement striker than Sturridge would be good for them too.

Looks to be between these two next season again. Tottenham are 3 or 4 players short of being consistent enough to challenge.

Gabriel Jesus?

I don't think he will ever be good enough for a top side.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:22pm
They'll need a replacement whether Jesus is good enough or not, one striker isn't enough.
At the minute he's not in Aguero's class
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:53pm
A lot of paper talk that Pep wants to bring in at least 4 players

Ben Chilwell at left back

Rodri in midfield

Houssem Aouar attacking mid

Luka Jovic- striker

Think a cb will also be on the list too
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 1:15pm
City need more strengthening than Liverpool IMO. If not for next season, then more so for the season or 2 after it. The age of Liverpool's key players compared to City's suggests that Liverpool's requirements are much less urgent.

Could do with a new LB (Zinchenko is a decent option, but primarily as a back-up. Should cut their losses with Mendy).

Couple of CB's with Kompany and Otamendi seemingly on the way out.

2nd choice striker (who may actually play a lot more than expected if Aguero picks up a big injury, and the fact he's in his 30's).

Replacement for David Silva, Fernandinho, and another option to De Bruyne as you don't know what his injury record will be like next season.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 1:25pm
All the top 6 need players but with the current transfer market I’d be surprised if anyone makes 3/4 significant signings.

The fees being asked will be massive.

It’s definitely between Man City and Liverpool again. 
The others have a big gap to close.

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Rodri in midfield

not sure if FCUM will let him go , also he has a good number with paddy power
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 1:50pm
I'm only interested in whether Rafa stays at Newcastle.

The fact Mike Ashley held a team meeting in a Wetherspoons during Happy Hour and made the players pay for their own meal can't have gone down well but 2 weeks later he breaks their Transfer record, it don't end there either!  
The latest gaffe being on Sunday he promised everyone a trip to Vegas if they stayed up only to turn at Craven Cottage to tell everyone it's cancelled LOL

It's gonna be a fun summer in Tyneside.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 1:58pm
Reckon Chelsea will surprise some people and the transfer ban might actually do them good. Sarri is still a top manager, and there's an awful lot of promising young talent out on loan there.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The fact Mike Ashley held a team meeting in a Wetherspoons during Happy Hour and made the players pay for their own meal can't have gone down well but 2 weeks later he breaks their Transfer record, it don't end there either!  
The latest gaffe being on Sunday he promised everyone a trip to Vegas if they stayed up only to turn at Craven Cottage to tell everyone it's cancelled LOL

Links to any of this?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Links to any of this?

Didn't hear anything about the Wetherspoons incident, unless you're thinking of the Rialto meal which happened in October which Ashley is believed to have paid for in full.

In terms of the Vegas trip, Ashley was prepared to pay for this but the team decided as a whole they'd rather spend time away with their families during the break.

I agree it will be a fun summer in Tyneside looking forward to Premier League football again, as opposed to Wearside who might be looking forward to another season in League 1
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:49pm

Links to any of this?
Same source as the one who said Mike Dean is a Spurs fan
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Links to any of this?
Same source as the one who said Mike Dean is a Spurs fan

LOL

Spurs tying a deal for Andre Gomes, very good signing if they can get it over the line and after Sessegnon from Fulham. 

Poch is rather strange in how he nearly insists on selling an established first team player or two every season, Danny Rose has had a fantastic season (Davies good back up if needed) so it's rather odd why he'd be looking to sign Sessegnon unless he's going to play him further forward because there is noway I'd be getting rid of Rose. 

Of course without stating the obvious you can see the logic in that Sessegnon is young, English and has bags of potential/talent but he wouldn't be happy on the bench given all the games he's played at his young age.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Links to any of this?

Didn't hear anything about the Wetherspoons incident, unless you're thinking of the Rialto meal which happened in October which Ashley is believed to have paid for in full.

In terms of the Vegas trip, Ashley was prepared to pay for this but the team decided as a whole they'd rather spend time away with their families during the break.

I agree it will be a fun summer in Tyneside looking forward to Premier League football again, as opposed to Wearside who might be looking forward to another season in League 1

Poor auld Coyney walked into that one LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:06am
Walked where exactly? I saw it an easy bite, especially from someone who frequently posts in the Sunderland thread despite calling people who post in the Newcastle thread 'closet fans' LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:03am

Walked where exactly? I saw it an easy bite, especially from someone who frequently posts in the Sunderland thread despite calling people who post in the Newcastle thread 'closet fans' LOL

ClapLOL
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 11:33am
Wolves will become the first EPL club to introduce rail seats as Molineux moves a step closer to safe standing.

Celtic and Shrewsbury Town who play in leagues where safe standing is allowed, have already incorporated similar examples of rail seats into their stadiums.

Edited by Double Maxim - 15 May 2019 at 11:33am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 46>
  Share Topic