You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Loss tattoo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Smileys barbers in Crumlin used to organise packages to Turkey.
They possibly still do. There I was waiting for my turn and one of the lads identified me as a slap head in progress. He makes a beeline for me and hands over a hardback folder outlining the transplant services complete with customer references. You wouldn’t want to be sensitive. I suppose they are just protecting their future business model. No sense for them having a load of baldies in the neighbourhood. 

What a way to put it LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

An old friend of mine and 10+ of his mates did a package to Turkey. 
I met him a while ago and asked him whether he was still going ahead with the hair transplant, he said he already had the transplant LOLEmbarrassed

LOL

Have heard some stories about bad ones, hair being inserted incorrectly so it starts growing in a different direction to the rest of the hair LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:59pm
A pal of mine got it done on the front of his head, now the crown needs a job. Is it seriously near 10k for this procedure?
Chips don't bounce
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

An old friend of mine and 10+ of his mates did a package to Turkey. 
I met him a while ago and asked him whether he was still going ahead with the hair transplant, he said he already had the transplant LOLEmbarrassed

LOL

Have heard some stories about bad ones, hair being inserted incorrectly so it starts growing in a different direction to the rest of the hair LOL

Didn’t Rooney have to have a second one as the first one didn’t work out. 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 7:52am
Had this done 2 weeks ago. For context, 34, father and 2 grandfathers are bald. Always have a fairly thick head of hair until I first noticed thinning at the top when I hit 30. I'd have a similar hair pattern to my maternal grandfather, and was going bald in a similar manner to how he has ended up.

As for the surgery itself, it's a long aul day, 8 - 5:30 job. First hour is marking out where the grafts will be implanted and getting your head shaved. Main part of the surgery started at 9am. Local anesthetic is applied to the top of the head and then the incisions for the grafts are made. Then you spend about 2 & 1/2 -3 hours lying on your front while they take the grafts from the back of your head. By far the most uncomfortable part of the surgery because of the position of your head during this part. Having the grafts taken is almost like having your head shaved, but with a -2 or a -3 blade, as skin is being taken away with the grafts too.

It's a relatively painless procedure, the needles for the local anesthetic are the sorest part (especially at the back of the head/upper part of your neck), but you can't feel a thing throughout the implantation of the follicles, grafts being extracted, or the incisions at the start.

It was a very tidy job. The scabbing on the head wasn't too bad at all, a lot less than I expected. But you can do nothing for 2 weeks while you wait for the scabs to be removed on the 12th or 13th day after the procedure. You can't really wear a hat either, or if you do, it can't be touching the top of your head.

Once the scabs were washed off, it just looked like I had a 1 all over. Very happy with the hairline and the density at the top of the head. I had 2600 grafts overall. Unfortunately, the implanted hairs will fall out in about 2 weeks time, but this is normal and has to happen before they can properly start to re-grow. By Christmas, I'm not expecting to have a full head of hair, most likely it'll be a 3 or a 4 all over at that stage. Probably around March/April/May before I have full regrowth, but it all depends on the individual, and how you look after it in the month after procedure.

Just a few things they said to me about washing my hair which might help others. Never wash your hair with hot water, use baby shampoo instead of others, and stop taking protein as it can increase the rate of hair loss (haven't read this last point anywhere else, but the doctor was fairly insistent on this).

I'd be very wary of going to Turkey for one. I know there have been good ones and bad ones, and it all depends on your potential for hair regrowth, but it's the aftercare I'd be concerned with. I can't imagine flying in the days after you get it done will be any good for the implanted hairs, never mind the back of your head healing. It's handy to be living in the place where you get it done, because at least you'll have access to proper follow-up consultations, etc.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 8:56am
Fair play. Although as first i thought you went for the tattoo.

Any chance of before pics, middle and eventually after?

There is a place near me in Donaghmede that does this and a lad i know has had a brilliant job done. The only thing is, he said he can never put product in it or wear a hat really. Did you say you were in the UAE?

I've a grand head of hair, just a slight birds nest at the back. Would love to get that filled in.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 10:52am

Just a few things they said to me about washing my hair which might help others. Never wash your hair with hot water, use baby shampoo instead of others, and stop taking protein as it can increase the rate of hair loss (haven't read this last point anywhere else, but the doctor was fairly insistent on this).

When you say 'stop taking protein' do you mean protein shakes or what?

I've alopecia and can wake up with a bald patch at the back of my head out of nowhere - facial hair has been decimated and body hair too. I was told to eat lots of protein as it aids hair growth so was surprised to read that
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 12:58pm
Ye protein supplementation. Had been doing a fair bit of research prior to getting it done and have had other consultations, but that was the first time I'd heard that about protein intake. The doctor said it was because it boosts testosterone levels but there seems to be conflicting studies about whether it does or not.

The general consensus seems to be that if it's hereditary, then protein supplements are best avoided.

Edited by The Huntacha - 31 Aug 2021 at 1:06pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Fair play. Although as first i thought you went for the tattoo.

Any chance of before pics, middle and eventually after?

There is a place near me in Donaghmede that does this and a lad i know has had a brilliant job done. The only thing is, he said he can never put product in it or wear a hat really. Did you say you were in the UAE?

I've a grand head of hair, just a slight birds nest at the back. Would love to get that filled in.

LOL

I can DM you the pics, I'll hold off until it grows back and send them together for better comparison.

I had consultations where they said they wouldn't fill in the crown area but the place I got it done in filled in that area so it can be done. 

Ye I'm based in the UAE. I'm not sure on the pricing back home (I think Blackrock Hair Restoration is pricey enough though) but it cost roughly 3500e over here. Cosmetic surgery is actually reasonably priced over here because of the amount of clinics that do it and the amount of qualified surgeons in those areas. 

It's cheaper than going to Turkey which was another reason I never looked in to it over there.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

I've alopecia and can wake up with a bald patch at the back of my head out of nowhere - facial hair has been decimated and body hair too. I was told to eat lots of protein as it aids hair growth so was surprised to read that

I posted in the beard thread about a patch appeared out of nowhere in my beard. Is there any good recommendation on what to do, who to see?

I am hairy all over my body (in an unattractive way) but this patch on my beard appears to be the only spot. Afraid it will get worse or spread to other parts (at the moment I'm kind of getting away with it as it is nestled into the part on my neck that I shave every few days anyway to keep the shape of my beard around my jaw line, it's only noticeable if I leave it for more than 3 days)

Edited by t_rAndy - 31 Aug 2021 at 1:17pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I posted in the beard thread about a patch appeared out of nowhere in my beard. Is there any good recommendation on what to do, who to see?

I am hairy all over my body (in an unattractive way) but this patch on my beard appears to be the only spot. Afraid it will get worse or spread to other parts (at the moment I'm kind of getting away with it as it is nestled into the part on my neck that I shave every few days anyway to keep the shape of my beard around my jaw line, it's only noticeable if I leave it for more than 3 days)

I've had a bald patch on the right side of my jaw for as long as I can remember, I never really gave it much thought, but now I notice that left side of my face is very bare compared to the right side and there are loads of small patches where nothing seems to be growing.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I've had a bald patch on the right side of my jaw for as long as I can remember, I never really gave it much thought, but now I notice that left side of my face is very bare compared to the right side and there are loads of small patches where nothing seems to be growing.

Chips don't bounce
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 1:34pm
It's killing me but LOL.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 4:00pm

That's how it stated with me Andy about 7 years ago and then spread all over my beard, down across my chest, eyelashes and eyebrows and hair on my head. I know other people that got the spot on the beard and it just filled back in itself with no help, so it's case specific. No need to panic on it

There is currently no cure for it so any treatments you can get cannot promise anything. I was told to take hair supplements, high protein foods, and there are creams, shampoos etc you can get too
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 5:41pm

It's cancer lads, you've no more than a few weeks to live. God speed on your journeys
It would damage this forums' reputation
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 12:13pm
Anyone ever use Viviscal, im guess im doing relatively well, im 47 and in the last year 18 months have had a sh*t load of stress, and the crown has gotten visibly thin. the brother and da both have good coverage, so dont think its hereditary.

Started taking these the weekend, reviews seem mostly positive, will take a while to see any difference if there is any
Getting old and intolerant
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 6:11pm
hair loss ? Is it that much of a big deal for a guy ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic