You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 36>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 6:02pm
Seems to be the third choice with fans but can't be ignored if he keeps up this form. I think its 9 clean sheets in a row. Might be worth giving him the nod in the next friendly 
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Seems to be the third choice with fans but can't be ignored if he keeps up this form. I think its 9 clean sheets in a row. Might be worth giving him the nod in the next friendly 

I watched the game today, he made one very good save at 3-0 other than that he had nothing to do. Commentator mentioned he's had nothing to do in the past three games either. Not his fault you can only play what's in front of you.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I watched the game today, he made one very good save at 3-0 other than that he had nothing to do. Commentator mentioned he's had nothing to do in the past three games either. Not his fault you can only play what's in front of you.

I think this is half little bit of an understatement. The save was world class (you can see it from various angles on kennys kids) 

Travers is developing very well indeed.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 5:48pm

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I think this is half little bit of an understatement. The save was world class (you can see it from various angles on kennys kids) 

Travers is developing very well indeed.
Paying big time for his mistakes against Serbia. Only for that he would be starting on form and the keeper that we have performing at the highest level.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 6:14pm
What's the ball like at his feet? 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Prolate spheroid.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 6:36pm

Like someone has given him a booby trapped device and his one chance to save his life is to get it out of play, and if it goes over the stand he saves his family too. Bit like that.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 6:37pm

Averages 28 passes a game with a 61.8% pass completed percentage according to who scored.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Averages 28 passes a game with a 61.8% pass completed percentage according to who scored.

What's that compared to Bazunu for example?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 8:16pm
Considering the passing game that Bournemouth play Travers is surprisingly direct with his kicking. Goes for distance and safety more often than not, he's a bit of an old school goalkeeper in that respect.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 8:27pm
I think it’s great how he has finally taken his chance and has settled well in the team. His shot stopping is good but I feel he still seems a bit unsure when the ball is in the air from corners and also general play and still seems to lack a bit of confidence and doesn’t command his box as well as he should. But I think this good run will continue build up his game  
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 1:14am
Bournemouth fans are warming to him, last couple seasons was making mistakes regularly, he has cut that out so far this season. I don’t mind the limited kicking  range as I will always prefer a keeper who does the basics well (crosses!).

Edited by SeanC - 25 Oct 2021 at 1:15am
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 10:49pm
Another clean sheet. He's the form keeper at the moment, no doubt about it 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 3:10pm
Good remarks about him by the Bournemouth fans, v encouraging especially when bazouna is struggling & kellagher is struggling with injury. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 9:31pm

Travers has had a very good game against Fulham so far. He’s just conceded one but not much he could have done about it. Other than that, he’s made a couple of super saves and his distribution has been impressive.
El Puto Amo
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 9:57pm
Excellent tonight
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 1:25pm

Travers having a good half here in the live game on Sky. Made two very decent saves. Some of his distribution hasn’t been bang on but overall he’s done well. 
El Puto Amo
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Travers having a good half here in the live game on Sky. Made two very decent saves. Some of his distribution hasn’t been bang on but overall he’s done well. 
Probably Bournemouth's man of the match.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 36>
  Share Topic