You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 37>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 5:50pm
Begovic signs for Everton. Hopefully that makes Travers No. 1. 
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 6:14pm
Well he played against the sticks for them last night versus Granada.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 6:53pm
Wouldn't blame him too much for the first but he should've saved the second goal even if the defender might've been blocking some of his view. 

He's a very distant third goalkeeping option behind Kelleher & Bazanu. I wouldn't be sure he's good enough for the Championship yet tbh. Confidence might be low as well going back to the Serbia game. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 7:07pm
He hasn't looked confident the last several times he's been given a chance for club and country, which makes his performance in his debut all the more bewildering.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 7:28pm
He didn't look great for either goals to be fair. Needs to be playing week in week out to find his feet, get experience. 

I wouldn't say he should have saved both but the second was there to be saved 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 6:25am
It feels like this is Travers chance at Bournemouth - he has a shot now at the jersey and if he doesn't take it this time and they need to go and sign another more experienced keeper then it will be time for him to go down the divisions to find his current level.

He potentially has the ability but maybe not the confidence to make it.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It feels like this is Travers chance at Bournemouth - he has a shot now at the jersey and if he doesn't take it this time and they need to go and sign another more experienced keeper then it will be time for him to go down the divisions to find his current level.

Can't see a team hoping to gain promotion not bringing in an experienced number one. They'd be foolish really not to bring in a more experienced keeper.

Bazunu is further along than Travers, and had nearly a full season of senior football last season, but would you feel confident with him as your number one to challenge for the title?

Edited by J89 - 21 Jul 2021 at 4:05pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Can't see a team hoping to gain promotion not bringing in an experienced number one. They'd be foolish really not to bring in a more experienced keeper.

Bazunu is further along than Travers, and had nearly a full season of senior football last season, but would you feel confident with him as your number one to challenge for the title?

I feel that assumption could be challenged after just a few games. We have three you goalkeepers that have really not proved themselves as of yet, as mentioned I think its fair to say that kelleher and bazunu are slightly ahead of Travers. However, If Bournemouth take a chance with Travers and he finds his feet after, let's say 10 games then he may find himself top of the three.

Bazunu and kelleher will need loan moves and we really don't know how they'll work out yet.

In short, it's still wide open for Travers.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:11pm
Had absolutely no chance with either goal but he does look shaky under the high ball. WBA are targeting him 

Edited by zizu Kilbane - 06 Aug 2021 at 9:12pm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Had absolutely no chance with either goal but he does look shaky under the high ball. WBA are targeting him 

Yeah hes been fine. Positioning still needs a bit of work as does his kicking but hes decent shot stopper and make a couple decent saves. Will hopefully get the chance to grow into it over the season. Seems very much a confidence player.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:48pm
 I think he did well, needs a run of games more than anything else and I hope he gets it.

I think he did better than the west brom keeper if I'm being honest, he was certainly the busier.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:44pm
Good to hear that he had a decent showing. Clap I'm very surprised Bournemouth started him but hopefully the manager will be pleased with his performance and they stick with him. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 2:05am
Didn't have a bad game overall and certainly wasn't at fault for either goal but if Robinson's goal in the first half has been allowed to stand (and it should have been) the narrative would have been a bit different I think. He ended up on the ground on one side of the goal after a corner and Robinson ended up with a tap in at the other side of the goal - a free kick was given for a foul on Travers but there really wasn't much in it, he wasn't anywhere near commanding enough in that situation and this led to Bournemouth dropping corners in on top of him for the rest of the night. 

Hopefully he gets another couple of games to prove himself because I think Bournemouth will be seriously considering bringing in a more experienced keeper at this stage.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 2:34pm
Travers and Kilkenny keep their places today.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:11pm
Travers beaten at his near post for the Forest equaliser there...should have done better to be honest, seemed slow to react.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:14pm

Travers beaten at his near post for the Forest equaliser there...should have done better to be honest, seemed slow to react.

He's just not good enough IMO. You can't say he hasn't been given chances anyway.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:35pm
You could see him going the way of someone like Colin Doyle, who looked good early in his career, but always had a mistake in him and fell away down the leagues through the years.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:09pm
To be fair to him it sounds like he made a couple of good saves after the goal. No keeper is flawless but he will need to cut down the number of mistakes if he is to progress all the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 37>
  Share Topic