You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Promoted v Relegated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Promoted v Relegated
    Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 9:58pm
Great to see Sheffield United (all but) promoted with 4 Irish starters today. Brighton should be safe too so Cunningham and Christie our only real casualties this year.

Not sure who I want to come up now via the play-offs.
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 10:22pm
Hogan's only on loan, I'd be surprised if Sheffield United signed him on a permanent deal.

Wouldn't mind seeing Villa coming up. I doubt Whelan would see much game time in the Premier League, but Hourihane might get a few more chances.

Jake Doyle-Hayes also looks a decent prospect and might get loaned out to a Championship club if Villa step up.

Leeds staying down would probably increase the chances of Paddy Bamford playing for the Eire, I doubt he'd be too bothered playing for us if he gets into the Premier League.

Also, we want Brighton to stay up at all costs as Duffy as a key player for us. 

Edited by Maccatacca - 27 Apr 2019 at 10:27pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Hogan's only on loan, I'd be surprised if Sheffield United signed him on a permanent deal.

Wouldn't mind seeing Villa coming up. I doubt Whelan would see much game time in the Premier League, but Hourihane might get a few more chances.

Jake Doyle-Hayes also looks a decent prospect and might get loaned out to a Championship club if Villa step up.

Leeds staying down would probably increase the chances of Paddy Bamford playing for the Eire, I doubt he'd be too bothered playing for us if he gets into the Premier League.

Really? He has looked anything but during his loan spell.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Not a fan of Villa. Would probably prefer to see Derby or Middlesborough come up as I feel Keogh and Randolph would benefit more from the Premier League. Hourihane might get a move anyway.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Great to see Sheffield United (all but) promoted with 4 Irish starters today. Brighton should be safe too so Cunningham and Christie our only real casualties this year.

Wouldn't even call Christie and Cunningham casualties, they'll likely see more regular game time in the Championship and do well there. Realistically they'll only be cover for us going forward anyway, so playing regularly is the most important thing.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 12:15am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Wouldn't even call Christie and Cunningham casualties, they'll likely see more regular game time in the Championship and do well there. Realistically they'll only be cover for us going forward anyway, so playing regularly is the most important thing.
They won't be cover for us going forward at all. It will be in defence and midfield.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:19pm
So whats better for Ireland, Derby or Villa?
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

So whats better for Ireland, Derby or Villa?

Could be neither if they decided to sell their Irish players in the summer.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:48pm
No chance Derby will sell Keogh; and no chance Villa will sell Hourihane. Whelan will likely be kept around for his experience too. Hogan is the only one likely to be offloaded, and he could well end up at Sheffield United.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:52pm
I wouldn't say 'no chance', although unlikely.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:56pm
A.villa
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:57pm
To me it depends on where teams strengthen. Fulham last season showed an alarming lack of faith in the players that got them promoted, and I remember seeing the team on the night they were relegated looking nothing like their P/O winning team. Putting down the money on Targett and convincing Ryan Fredricks to stay would have been two big achievements at the time. And instead of sticking with their back-up of Christie, the signed Fosu Mesah on loan, even though he didn’t really last. And the generally approach was a bad idea, so I wouldn’t agree with it!

I just always apply a “wait and see” approach as wholesale change is not unheard of when promotion occurs. Having said that, it is unlikely they’d sell the Irish contingent.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 5:55pm
Hopefully Villa. Would be interesting to see how Hourihane copes in the Premier League and we know exactly what Keogh will give to Ireland regardless of what division he's playing in. It's been a huge promotion year for our national team with Sheffield United leading the chase. It looks like they're gonna take a punt on Hogan after all and I honestly can't remember this amount of Irish internationals being promoted together.
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic