You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Game of Thrones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/entertainment/entertainmenttv/the-10-most-infuriating-moments-from-that-messy-episode-of-game-of-thrones/ss-AABkkkN?li=BBr5HCU&parent-title=george-rr-martin-slams-absurd-rumor-about-the-final-game-of-thrones-books&parent-ns=ar&parent-content-id=AABl242&fullscreen=true

Sums up pretty much how I felt
A lot of it's right but like it says at the start, they're never going to please everyone. It's still a great show be it everyone's in agreement about it being a bit too rushed this season
Some people just deserve a slap
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:12pm

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/game-of-thrones-fans-need-to-get-themselves-to-this-dublin-pub-for-a-screening-party-550574

If you have a Delorean and are able to attend I call shotgun Thumbs Up
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/game-of-thrones-fans-need-to-get-themselves-to-this-dublin-pub-for-a-screening-party-550574

LOL

I never realised the article was from two years ago LOL
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:37pm

Never thought of the cosplay thing, but if there's a dead ringer for Dany  suppose it's a good thing

A pint and GOT after work could be good, and now you have me interested about how nerdy it can get

The article is two years old!

The only thing I'd want to watch on telly in the pub is sport but if you do want to watch GOT in a pub I walk past this place every morning on Patrick's Street and they are advertising that they are showing it:

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

LOL

I never realised the article was from two years ago LOL

Me either. Would have been embarrassing walking in dressed as Brianne of Tarth on Monday so
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 5:21pm
If anybody has ever drank in Charlie’s early house in Cork on a Saturday morning after a feed of stout and pills will know you can watch it in there without a television.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

If anybody has ever drank in Charlie’s early house in Cork on a Saturday morning after a feed of stout and pills will know you can watch it in there without a television.

You'll get those characters every day of the week, never mind just Saturday mornings LOL. Last time I was in there, myself and my friend were the only people with teeth in there ffs
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 5:31pm
LOLLOLLOL

Great spot! One for characters alright. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Went in there for a couple pf straighteners the morning after the Bohs season opener a few years back. Absolutely mad kip.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:27am
Apparently there is a petition on change.org requesting that they remake season 8 with competent writers. A quarter of a million signatures

I'm actually quite enjoying it
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:38am

Apparently there is a petition on change.org requesting that they remake season 8 with competent writers. A quarter of a million signatures

I'm actually quite enjoying it

surely George Martin decided the plot so what can a writer change ? 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 10:49am
I honestly don't know, but I have read some articles that say Martin is unhappy with the way some characters have been killed and some of the stories that played out and the books will have a different ending.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:20pm

I honestly don't know, but I have read some articles that say Martin is unhappy with the way some characters have been killed and some of the stories that played out and the books will have a different ending.

he's just saying that to sell more books LOL
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:20pm
Enjoyed that tonight. Great watch for me. What the hell do we do now though?
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 6:51am
The last series was the worst of the lot by a distance.
Thumbs Down

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:36am
enjoyed the finish as well , very hard to tie up such a saga , i dont reckon we'll ever see the books to be honest LOL
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 8:10am
A bit of an anti climax though.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 8:43am
It wasn't as bad a finale as people have made out. I think their perceptions are being influenced by the season as a whole.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic