You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Game of Thrones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:50pm
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Really enjoyed the episode, can't believe she went that crazy. Looking forward to next week to see how it all goes and finishes up. It's such a good show but yeah agree, it's been rushed a lot it seems. The Varys thing especially. It would've been great to see that all build over a couple of episodes before he got caught out, they definitely messed up there. No issue with Danny going crazy, was always a possibility, and like was said above the others were probably keeping her in line before they died. 

So I take it now she either ends up on the throne or someone gets her?

Yeah you would have to think she will be killed. Probably by Jon Snow. He seems to have been disgusted by her actions so I expect him to put forward his own claim to the throne. I wonder will the army split in two and Daenerys and Jon will face off? Hard to fit that into 60 minutes though.

I reckon she'll bring the dragon back to Winterfell (cue laughter from the Scientist) and try to kill the Starks, and Jon will end up killing her in the end. Still don't think he'll want the throne but will kill her after seeing what she has done to King's Landing.

Wonder if those who received Varys' letters will become known and have a part to play in the final episode.
I said that straight after the episode last night - that she could just turn the dragon, head north and burn all at Winterfell. Nothing left in her way then bar John and the few he has with him
Some people just deserve a slap
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

When Arya was training to be a many faced assassin, then ran off, your man promised that she would be found and killed.

That has yet to happen.

Well she wasn't killed but the waif went after her and she in turn killed the waif an and returned with her head completing her training.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:02pm
When Arya was training to be a many faced assassin, then ran off, your man promised that she would be found and killed.

That has yet to happen.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:53pm

Really enjoyed the episode, can't believe she went that crazy. Looking forward to next week to see how it all goes and finishes up. It's such a good show but yeah agree, it's been rushed a lot it seems. The Varys thing especially. It would've been great to see that all build over a couple of episodes before he got caught out, they definitely messed up there. No issue with Danny going crazy, was always a possibility, and like was said above the others were probably keeping her in line before they died. 

Yeah you would have to think she will be killed. Probably by Jon Snow. He seems to have been disgusted by her actions so I expect him to put forward his own claim to the throne. I wonder will the army split in two and Daenerys and Jon will face off? Hard to fit that into 60 minutes though.

I reckon she'll bring the dragon back to Winterfell (cue laughter from the Scientist) and try to kill the Starks, and Jon will end up killing her in the end. Still don't think he'll want the throne but will kill her after seeing what she has done to King's Landing.

Wonder if those who received Varys' letters will become known and have a part to play in the final episode.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:54am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

The pacing is absolutely brutal. They're desperate to finish up story lines, but completely ignoring what has happened before in doing so. I'm fully expecting Arya to kill off Dany, and Jon to end up on the throne to be the most miserable c*nt ever.

and then the credits come on and you realise it's not real life LOL
Humans have spent their whole time on earth trying to escape reality; it's why we drink, take drugs, listen to music, follow football and go on forums!  

My only problem with GOT is people I haven't met before telling me that I would love it. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:39am

Pretty much like the last two episodes. Great spectacle, enjoyed it but the plotting and pacing are terrible. I get why Dany has gone mental but that needed to have been properly building for 3 seasons, not 3 fcuking episodes. And properly built rather than the little foreshadowing there was. Could say the same about many threads in the story. 

I wasn't expecting much from this season to be honest after the way season 7 went so am just enjoying each episode on its own terms. Miles off its golden years though. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:34am

Last episode is going to be 1hr 20 minutes
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:34am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

The pacing is absolutely brutal. They're desperate to finish up story lines, but completely ignoring what has happened before in doing so. I'm fully expecting Arya to kill off Dany, and Jon to end up on the throne to be the most miserable c*nt ever.

True it's a TV show. Well done.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:24am

Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:20am

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:11am

Some people just deserve a slap
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:44am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Clegane bowl- Brilliant

Cersei and Jamie dying- Poetic ending but slightly boring

Jon Snow- Worthless again

Daenerys- The Mad Queen- were Missandei and Jorah really keeping her in check the whole time

Varys- The master of whisperers caught out at last

I don't know I am not really feeling this final season. It feels so rushed. It has still been good but pretty disappointing. Although honestly hand on heart I don't know if it has been built up so much it really was never going to reach those expectations. Visually though easily the best and most epic TV series I have ever seen. It deserves to be on the big screen.

Yeah sums it up for me alright.

Visually and sound wise (Music and use of background noises) has been brilliant but the whole story parts of what made the show great around seasons 3-6 has fallen flat upon its-self.

It being so rushed has been the most annoying thing. Defeating the Night King and obliterating King's Landing all in the space of three episodes. It may well be one of those seasons that needs a second watch. Daenerys meltdown in particular seems to be so rushed. But then I suppose if as I think Jon Snow ends up on the throne Roberts Rebellion and Game of Thrones was all worthless as Rhaegar's son will end up ruling anyways LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:03am

Clegane bowl- Brilliant

Daenerys- The Mad Queen- were Missandei and Jorah really keeping her in check the whole time

I don't know I am not really feeling this final season. It feels so rushed. It has still been good but pretty disappointing. Although honestly hand on heart I don't know if it has been built up so much it really was never going to reach those expectations. Visually though easily the best and most epic TV series I have ever seen. It deserves to be on the big screen.

Yeah sums it up for me alright.

Visually and sound wise (Music and use of background noises) has been brilliant but the whole story parts of what made the show great around seasons 3-6 has fallen flat upon its-self.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 9:39am
Clegane bowl- Brilliant

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:01am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Bitch gone crazy.

Tbh wasn't the best episode. 

Clegane bowl was good though 

Right about Clegane-bowl.

Thought it was the best episode of the season but still not even in the top 10 of the series.

What made GOT so good was the character depth in each episode in the earlier seasons. I know people complained saying it was a bit slow in earlier seasons but even in those so-called slow episodes or scenes, that was were we got to see character relationships develop, which was a huge part in the success of the show IMO, because when a character was killed unexpectedly, it had a lasting impact on the viewers.

Felt they could have shown more of Danerys when she was destroying the city to show how she's descended in to the Mad Queen.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:09pm

Visually spectacular, yet again. But the same problems remain. No issues with Dany going mental, but she went batsh*t so quickly it lacked the impact it should have had. The way Jamie and Cersei went out was boring too. It's getting to 'Lost' levels of sh*te now

They were offered 10 episodes and decided to only do 6. It definitely seems to me like they are mad to get out of there. Real pity as the last two seasons have spoiled the show somewhat. Big pressure on GRRM to do better now and get the books out. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic