You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 - non Ireland Matches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro 2020 - non Ireland Matches
    Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 8:01pm

Is anyone planning on going to any matches across Europe apart from Ireland matches. I’ve been looking at a few options close to Dublin/Bilbao in case Ireland we’re playing but it’s tricky. 

Would love to go to Baku but it’s too far for one match. There are a few nice city pairs between Munich/Budapest then travelling to Amsterdam/Bucharest or vice Versa. 

Ticket applications open in 2 months, I reckon tickets will be in Germany/Netherlands etc. But possibly easier to get in Romania/Hungary.
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Is anyone planning on going to any matches across Europe apart from Ireland matches. I’ve been looking at a few options close to Dublin/Bilbao in case Ireland we’re playing but it’s tricky. 

Would love to go to Baku but it’s too far for one match. There are a few nice city pairs between Munich/Budapest then travelling to Amsterdam/Bucharest or vice Versa. 

Ticket applications open in 2 months, I reckon tickets will be in Germany/Netherlands etc. But possibly easier to get in Romania/Hungary.

Tickets will be very easy to get in Romania and Hungary.  However it is very unlikely you will see the German or the Dutch unless Hungary and Romania qualify from their groups.  Tickets will be very tough for games involving Germany and the Dutch at home.  

I like the idea of the Munich quarter final which won't involve Germany.  Tickets should be easy enough as Germany will most likely be playing in St. Petersburg that day.   St. Petersburg is actually a fantastic city but awkward to reach.  

I plan on going to all four games in Dublin no matter what.  I believe tickets will be either be very easy or the hottest tickets for any event ever in this country depending on whether we qualify or not.   

I also fancy the game in Bilbao on Sat 20th which will almost certainly involve Spain unless they are in Dublin on the 19th.  I'm fascinated by how the locals will react.  I haven't seen kickoff times yet so not sure how feasible it is to do both games.     
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 12:13pm
I'll probably try and do a game or two at Wembley depending on who is playing there.
Will also try and get a final ticket as would be a good opportunity to attend one final. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 12:49pm
I'll obviously be looking to do all games in Dublin, as GSpain says though it depends if we qualify in regards to how easy they'll be to get.

I still harbour hopes my Season Tickets and my recent enough away record will be enough to get tickets.

Outside of Dublin, the Munich/Budapest would interest me the most
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 1:14pm
Will hope to do all games in Dublin and will look at going to a few others the likes of hungary is easy to get to and should be able to pick up tickets easier than you will in the bigger cities 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 4:31pm
In reply to
"I like the idea of the Munich quarter final which won't involve Germany.  Tickets should be easy enough as Germany will most likely be playing in St. Petersburg that day"

If 2006 is anything to go by when the World Cup was here, the Allianz was sold out for Tunisia vs Saudi Arabia. They made announcements during the 2nd half that the fanzones which had been set up were already full and for fans not to go to them (to watch Germany vs Poland).

I would expect all match(es) in Munich to be over subscribed.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

In reply to
"I like the idea of the Munich quarter final which won't involve Germany.  Tickets should be easy enough as Germany will most likely be playing in St. Petersburg that day"

If 2006 is anything to go by when the World Cup was here, the Allianz was sold out for Tunisia vs Saudi Arabia. They made announcements during the 2nd half that the fanzones which had been set up were already full and for fans not to go to them (to watch Germany vs Poland).

Bought tickets to Portugal/France semi final for half price on the day of the game that year. It was lined up to be England V Brazil so was a hot ticket until both were knocked out in the QF's
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 5:26pm
I have a feeling that a lot of the charisma and hype will be sucked out of this, which will dampen enthusiasm. 
Maybe it is my own apathy towards it, but I can't see the same buzz anywhere  for having a few games. It will be a bit of a novelty and no more, it might be different here in England if they get to the semi-finals.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 5:41pm
St. Petersburg is a great city. Was fun to be there during the world cup. Clubs and bars are great craic. 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

In reply to

Bought tickets to Portugal/France semi final for half price on the day of the game that year. It was lined up to be England V Brazil so was a hot ticket until both were knocked out in the QF's

I was at that Portugal v France game too.  The touts took a bath.

I'm not really saying the game won't sellout btw.  However there is no way it will have the demand of a Germany game.  I'd expect by applying in the various phases, asking friends as needs be and then using the portal it will be an easy ticket to get.  I'd expect it to be very very difficult to get any group game in Munich.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 4:40pm
did somebody just say those dreaded words... "The portal "
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:00am
The Ro16 game in Dublin could potentially be Germany (if they come 2nd in their group) vs. England (if they top their group). That would be a sweet one to get tickets for
gallawho View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gallawho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:01pm
if Ireland and spain but qualify aren't they fixed to be in the same group? So I applied for tickets for the span games Confused
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by gallawho gallawho wrote:

if Ireland and spain but qualify aren't they fixed to be in the same group? So I applied for tickets for the span games Confused

Yes guaranteed to be drawn together if we both qualify.

If you buy Spain FMT you will have the Irish game in Bilbao/Dublin but also 2 others from Bilbao to offload. Of course you still have the Spain tickets if they make it and we don't.  

VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:20pm
Seeing as you apply for what you want and then choose what to pay for when successful, i assume people will apply for every match they could conceivably go to and they will mainly be oversubscribed. 

You'd wonder what happens you you get tickets and dont take them - is there a second ballot?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:18am

Seeing as you apply for what you want and then choose what to pay for when successful, i assume people will apply for every match they could conceivably go to and they will mainly be oversubscribed. 

You'd wonder what happens you you get tickets and dont take them - is there a second ballot?

That's not how it works. You apply and give your credit card details. The application period closes.

UEFA then does a ballot and if you are assigned tickets, they charge your card.

Then you get told exactly what tickets you've got.

If you don't like them, tough. If we don't qualify, best of luck on the resale portal selling Georgia v Bosnia tickets at €200 a pop.

EDIT: Actually this time might be different. The portal seems to suggest that there'll be a window for payment after the ballot period, which is handy, because it says "ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF THEIR APPLICATION BY MID-AUGUST 2019. SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL HAVE A LIMITED TIME TO MAKE PAYMENT."

Edited by SuperDave84 - 12 Jun 2019 at 12:54am
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:11am
Yeah, I would expect it to be like how you said but it seems different this year. The approach this year though would seem to encourage people to apply for many and then pick what you want, unless it’s all or nothing.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:31am

Yeah, I would expect it to be like how you said but it seems different this year. The approach this year though would seem to encourage people to apply for many and then pick what you want, unless it’s all or nothing.

I don't know for sure but I'd expect it is all or nothing.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic