You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DA JEMMY O'COCKERTY TRED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 1:36am
The party of  do-goodery, Sunday School teachers and militant cyclists. The Greens over here would be my closest party ideologically, but they are the same. Maybe if one of them looked like they had ever stood up to someone other than the vicar I might give them a go.

Anyway, the last time i voted Green anywhere I got Fianna Fáil. That should be remembered!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 1:56am
Given the electoral carnage they suffered in 2009 and 2011, I have forgiven them. They paid a serious price, and the rebuilding task was astronomical, considering the vast majority of parties in Ireland have some sort of environmental policy which co-ordinates with the Green agenda.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:09am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The party of  do-goodery, Sunday School teachers and militant cyclists. The Greens over here would be my closest party ideologically, but they are the same. Maybe if one of them looked like they had ever stood up to someone other than the vicar I might give them a go.

Anyway, the last time i voted Green anywhere I got Fianna Fáil. That should be remembered!
Not sure how many Sunday School teachers are in the Greens but we do need a few more militant cyclists in government

Do-gooders aren't the worst either

Coalition government unfortunately is a compromise by its nature

The Greens had six seats in 2007 and Fianna Fail had 76 or 77

Work out the maths about who's going to get more of their policies implemented

One thing I think I've learned from the last decade and a bit is that the practice of punishing a smaller progressive parrty because they go into coalition is very misguided

Like if Labour had not been in government from 2011-2016 I shudder to think what Fine Gael would done

Labour is ultimately the best and most feasible vehicle for carrying forward progressive politics in this country

Whatever happens, progressive parties should stop f**king sniping at each other and try and work together, be that Labour, Sinn Fein, the Greens or the Social Democrats or PBP whoever

Edited by sid waddell - 19 May 2019 at 2:10am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:15am
Sinn Fein are utter populists. Did you not see their launch for the Euros. Pure desperation stakes in the light of recent polls. And PBP/Sol are embarrassing obstructionists with unworkable manifestos. Neither fit to tie Labour or the Greens shoelaces. Or Catherine Murphy’s laces for that matter. Utterly contemptible parties who are satisfied hurling from the ditch. Learned nothing from the likes of Tony Gregory, a properly progressive politician.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:20am
Technically I agree with ya Sid, but I wouldn't see the Irish Labour Party as progressive myself. I also wouldn't be able to vote for any of those mentioned if I was at home.

Edited by pre Madonna - 19 May 2019 at 2:21am
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Poll today shows a good bounce for the Greens. Hopefully that carries on into next week.

Aye. 

Golf is a fine game.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 5:53pm
The problem for a united leftist front is the fact that they are effectively fighting for each other’s seats. The are some constituencies where Labour were resigned to standing paper candidates, even in 1992 and 2011, and some parts of the country where council seats were beyond them. 

Take Dublin South West. Where there was once two Labour seats, there are none. To get back on an even keel there, they can either try and take the regularly returned FF and FG seat, or look at the AAA/SF or Zappone seat, which is more likely to be the base the can appeal too. This is why rather than going after FF/FG constantly,the leftist parties make sure to turn the barrels on each other usually by playing left wing auction. Remember in 2014 when they failed to unify around a single candidate and split the vote allowing Nessa Childers to get in?

Labour makes the most sense to rally behind in a united fashion. They have the apparatus and a wider enfranchisement and a better local infrastructure. The left ought be wary of SF, a three speed party with different approaches in each place they run candidates. Hopefully, Solidarity/AAA etc will eventually lose all their seats.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 5:57pm

The problem for a united leftist front is the fact that they are effectively fighting for each other’s seats. The are some constituencies where Labour were resigned to standing paper candidates, even in 1992 and 2011, and some parts of the country where council seats were beyond them. 

Take Dublin South West. Where there was once two Labour seats, there are none. To get back on an even keel there, they can either try and take the regularly returned FF and FG seat, or look at the AAA/SF or Zappone seat, which is more likely to be the base the can appeal too. This is why rather than going after FF/FG constantly,the leftist parties make sure to turn the barrels on each other usually by playing left wing auction. Remember in 2014 when they failed to unify around a single candidate and split the vote allowing Nessa Childers to get in?

Labour makes the most sense to rally behind in a united fashion. They have the apparatus and a wider enfranchisement and a better local infrastructure. The left ought be wary of SF, a three speed party with different approaches in each place they run candidates. Hopefully, Solidarity/AAA etc will eventually lose all their seats.
Labour are centre-right. As a 'leftist' I would have my own issues with the other parties mentioned, but Labour have been creeping further and further right for thirty years. I would vote for FG/FF before them, and I would never vote for either.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Poll today shows a good bounce for the Greens. Hopefully that carries on into next week.

I've never been polled but I've voted Greens #1 for the last few elections.

The planet is f**ked and we aren't doing enough.

Members of the legal trade voting green. Well there's a turn up for accountability 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:50pm
JOYN JEMMY'S LIVVE STREEM L8R 

SHELL B WALKIN ROUND A CAR PARK 
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

A Communist car park?
A Marxist Culturalist car park?
A war zone car park?

“Make car parks great again”
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

A Communist car park?
A Marxist Culturalist car park?
A war zone car park?

“Make car parks great again”

A Zionist Car Park ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Labour are centre-right. As a 'leftist' I would have my own issues with the other parties mentioned, but Labour have been creeping further and further right for thirty years. I would vote for FG/FF before them, and I would never vote for either.

The problem for Labour was two fold in 2011. First, they had the public’s will for them to enter government. Second, the programme for Government was essentially set by the Troika in December 2010. Also, between September 2010 and the Troika coming in the figures of both the Banking and Structural defecit were eye watering. They had little autonomy when they entered Government and were treated like the Greens and PDs as mudguards.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:36pm
Claimed today a gorse fire lit by farmers behind the sugarloaf was a false flag operation to get people to vote for the green party.

Hard to argue with the logic. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Claimed today a gorse fire lit by farmers behind the sugarloaf was a false flag operation to get people to vote for the green party.

Hard to argue with the logic. 

LOL

Of course
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:21am
It's a conspiracy by BIG GORSE FIRE*

*I stole this
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:29am
I’ve just read her Twitter for the first time. I, I, I....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:04am
  • Gemma OD, live from a "proper Irish" shopping centre in Donaghmeade: "The elite don't want us eating meat" Gemma, on the same video, less than 2 minutes later: "They want us eating burgers because they want to kill us, they want to kill children." #GemmasGems

Amazing LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
      Share Topic