You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DA JEMMY O'COCKERTY TRED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Kelly is an intelligent chap, his views I have no time for but he is articulate, he would be a good politician if his ideas weren't so fringe.

Gemma is on a different planet to the rest of us, she seems to have serious mental health issues.
It is either that, or she has seen an opportunity to make some money off her vile views. Like Yaxley-Lennon over here, I don’t think she believes half the things she says but thinks she can prey on people’s vulnerability. 
I think that is much worse.

I would almost be inclined to think its the latter. I was impressed with her Mary Boyle documentary when it was released and if someone said at that time she'd go down this road of lunacy since I wouldn't have believed them!

Edited by Bo Jackson - 16 May 2019 at 1:48pm
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Ben Gilroys leaflet LOL

The hurl, brilliant LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:28pm
He sees the courts doing their job as corruption.

Also, he was jailed for contempt for not fulfilling his obligations under a court ordered community service order. So in no way could that be construed as being jailed for his “whistleblowing”.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Anyway, that leaflet is so full of grammatical errors that I think it's given me AIDS.

Talking about errors SD did you hear about the new bank note in Australia ( can't recall which one ) but they have a spelling mistake on it , now that's a big one .

Yeah, whoever had the *responsibilty* for that should lose their job.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Kelly is an intelligent chap, his views I have no time for but he is articulate, he would be a good politician if his ideas weren't so fringe.

Gemma is on a different planet to the rest of us, she seems to have serious mental health issues.
It is either that, or she has seen an opportunity to make some money off her vile views. Like Yaxley-Lennon over here, I don’t think she believes half the things she says but thinks she can prey on people’s vulnerability. 

I would almost be inclined to think its the latter. I was impressed with her Mary Boyle documentary when it was released and if someone said at that time she'd go down this road of lunacy since I wouldn't have believed them!
She is, or was, a talented journalist. It wouldn't have been my cup of tea, but there is a lot of intelligence there, even in her deliberate 'dumbing down' now. I don't think it is lunacy at all, certainly not on her part, and she was being incredibly clever in picking the Mary Boyle story as a project to help relaunch this phase of her career. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:52pm
I JUS CN SUM KEMTRALZE IN DE SKI

KEMTRALZE IS TURNIN UR KIDZ TRANZJENDER
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 7:29pm
  • In her latest rant, #GemTrails says she has a "long list" of people (Gardaí, civil servants) who will be rounded up and jailed (no mention of a trial) in Mountjoy if she takes power, while RTE will be turned into jail for "ordinary decent criminals

'Kin hell LOL
    Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
    Het-field View Drop Down
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:05pm
    Poll today shows a good bounce for the Greens. Hopefully that carries on into next week.
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 9:11pm
    I'm voting Green to literally Cuffe Jemmy

Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 9:27pm
    JEMMY SEZ SEND DE SWALLOWS BACK TO AFRICA

Y KANT WE HAVE SUM GOOD DESCENT IRISH BIRDS

AFRICN BIRDS OUH!

N STOP CALLIN DEM SWALLOWS

ITS PERVURTED

SICK GLOBALIST SECKSHUAL DEVIANSEY

Edited by sid waddell - 18 May 2019 at 9:27pm
    Joe Stalin View Drop Down
    Davey Langan
    Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 9:53pm

She is, or was, a talented journalist. It wouldn't have been my cup of tea, but there is a lot of intelligence there, even in her deliberate 'dumbing down' now. I don't think it is lunacy at all, certainly not on her part, and she was being incredibly clever in picking the Mary Boyle story as a project to help relaunch this phase of her career. 

Can you point us towards examples of her talented writing?
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 10:14pm
    Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

Can you point us towards examples of her talented writing?
    I said she was a talented journalist, which doesn't necessarily mean she was a talented writer. Even so, it would be churlish to deny that there is a skill and a talent in writing in a tabloid style that engages with people, even if it is incredibly dangerous.
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 10:46pm
    She was a talented journalist if travel features are your idea of good journalism
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:03pm
    Again, there is a massive difference between good journalism and being talented at it. Kelvin MacKenzie clearly has a talent, it doesn't make him any less of a ****, nor does it make him a good journalist. She wouldn't have been my idea of a 'good' journalist, but she obviously had a talent and it is churlish to dismiss it.

The modern zeitgeist seems to be a polemic between two sides, no matter what the subject; one side describes the other as the establishment(whatever that means) and the other side describes them as idiots. It is all rather silly and, in many cases, describing them as idiots fits their narrative. It is extremely deliberate.
    I would be of the opinion that O'Doherty no more believes in 'chemtrails' than I do. I think she sees this as a way to make money and no more. That doesn't make her any less of a ****, quite the opposite.
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 1:01am
    You might think Kelvin MacKenzie is talented if you think Donald Trump or Katie Hopkins are talented

Being an unreconstructed coont is not a talent in my book

I think Ellen Coyne and Carole Cadwalladr are talented journalists

Edited by sid waddell - 19 May 2019 at 1:02am
    SuperDave84 View Drop Down
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 1:03am
    Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Poll today shows a good bounce for the Greens. Hopefully that carries on into next week.

I've never been polled but I've voted Greens #1 for the last few elections.

The planet is f**ked and we aren't doing enough.
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 1:26am
    Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

You might think Kelvin MacKenzie is talented if you think Donald Trump or Katie Hopkins are talented

Being an unreconstructed coont is not a talent in my book

I think Ellen Coyne and Carole Cadwalladr are talented journalists
     Katie Hopkins is an undoubted ****, but she knows exactly how to be a **** and makes a fine living off it. I don't know if she has any talent at all, but she is an opportunist, same as Trump

Funnily enough, I think Coyne is a very poor writer, but I assume she has some talent as a journalist. I suppose a lot of good journalists have been poor writers.  Anyway, her style  annoys me, especially when I agree with her, but I guess that works. 

Anyway, this idea that everyone you disagree with is an idiot is dangerous, especially as it is usually what they want. Patronising them and condescending them emboldens them to their supporters, who can be convinced that it is the 'establishment running scared' and other such sh*te. Which was my point about O'Doherty. There is no possible way she can be stupid as she is letting on, I would like to think I am wrong, I just can't see it.
    Het-field View Drop Down
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 1:32am
    Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I've never been polled but I've voted Greens #1 for the last few elections.

The planet is f**ked and we aren't doing enough.

One of the things I like about the Greens is that they are a former party of Government who know what it entails. Their leader is pragmatic, and I think they do a very good job in promoting awareness. The politics around climate change are fraught, and they bring a semblance of sanity to them, which is a lot more than can be said for a lot of the fringe parties who are using this as a way of promoting a far wider agenda which is more than just about climate change. The generally do the Green movement proud and are innovate with their solutions.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
      Share Topic