You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How confident are you about this campaign?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
Poll Question: Will we qualify for the Euros?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [2.90%]
50 [36.23%]
11 [7.97%]
60 [43.48%]
8 [5.80%]
5 [3.62%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:35am
We beat Georgia at home.
Drew away to Denmark.
Both great results but the performances in 3 out the 4 games have been brutal.

I still can’t see us beating the Swiss or Denmark home or away.
We can’t score - simple.

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:36am
Not very confident after last night
That could be our last win in the group
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:41am
Only way I can see us qualifying is if we beat Georgia away and draw the other 3. Then hope that there's a winner between Denmark and Switzerland in Copenhagen. We'd have to be extremely lucky to get anything from either game against the Swiss.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 11 Jun 2019 at 9:41am
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

We beat Georgia at home.
Drew away to Denmark.
Both great results but the performances in 3 out the 4 games have been brutal.

I still can’t see us beating the Swiss or Denmark home or away.
We can’t score - simple.

Yet we have scored 5 goals Wink

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:55am
I'm still confident we'll finish in the the top 2.

I think we'll grind out a draw against the Swiss in both games, grind out another narrow win against the Georgians and will grind out another 0-0 with the Danes
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:50am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I think we'll grind out a draw against the Swiss in both games, grind out another narrow win against the Georgians and will grind out another 0-0 with the Danes

LOL

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:16am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

LOL

LOL
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:31am
Just though we needed to get the ball to end line more often with a better quality cross. We have plenty of height in the box but we failed to test the keeper in order to find out if he he was as dodgy as we may have suspected. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:32am
We have to beat Georgia away and there's no guarantee of that. I'd be hopefully we could sneak a win against the Swiss in one of the fixtures. 6 more points would probably be enough. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

LOL

LOL

I Really don't get what is laughable about that.

We're a real sh*t and tough team to break down. The Swiss are a decent team yes, but they're hardly world beaters.

We need to keep an eye on Shaqiri and track the wingbacks which I think we're capable of.

This is a team who threw away a 3 goal lead at home to Denmark (again yes a better team then us).

A team who despite probably being the better team in the game couldn't break through a Portuguese defense (albeit again better then ourselves) without a very dodgy penalty.

In both game they were out done of either set plays or on the counter, two things we've shown we are capable of doing especially via set plays.

**DISCLAIMER**

I will also add I did get an elbow to the back of the head last night during the celebrations so I may have a slight concussion

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:57am
The Swiss should beat us home and away. The Danish manager should be under huge pressure for not beating us and showing us far too much respect. We would have a better chance of beating them in Dublin.

If Mick can get us to the Euros he is a genius. We have no midfield, no wingers and, with the greatest of respect to McGoldrick, our best forward runs like he has just shat himself, with a top speed of slightly forwards. 

On our day, we can draw with anybody. But we need to beat somebody decent. Bias and optimism aside, can you really see that happening?
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:01pm

The Swiss should beat us home and away. The Danish manager should be under huge pressure for not beating us and showing us far too much respect. We would have a better chance of beating them in Dublin.

If Mick can get us to the Euros he is a genius. We have no midfield, no wingers and, with the greatest of respect to McGoldrick, our best forward runs like he has just shat himself, with a top speed of slightly forwards. 

On our day, we can draw with anybody. But we need to beat somebody decent. Bias and optimism aside, can you really see that happening?

LOL It's true. That or a 70 year old man who was once very fast.

Edited by Banjaxed - 11 Jun 2019 at 12:01pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:06pm

But we need to beat somebody decent.

The good news is that we don't. If we beat Georgia and avoid defeat in the other three games then all we need is a winner in the Denmark - Switzerland game. I mean, it's more than likely that we will need to, but technically it's possible for us to qualify by beating no-one of note!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:10pm
We won’t get three draws. I mean we could, but we would need even more luck out in Switzerland and hope that the Swiss show us the same respect the Danes did. I can’t see it. 

The Swiss will take a minimum of four points from us.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:25pm
We need 7 points. With our goal difference, only in the unlikeliest of scenarios, less will be good enough unfortunately - and I know it comes down to head to head first but only likely scenario is we’ll at least match the Danes here on in and then they’ll just need a score draw to qualify. It would be a miracle if we didn’t concede to them if they needed goals
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:35pm

We won’t get three draws. I mean we could, but we would need even more luck out in Switzerland and hope that the Swiss show us the same respect the Danes did. I can’t see it. 

The Swiss will take a minimum of four points from us.

Never mind the Swiss, the Jamaican bobsleigh team would take 6 points from us 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Only light I can see is obafemi, McCarthy, arter, long should all come back into equation.  Obafemi and long with their pace should make a huge difference.  I rate mcgoldrick but not up front on he's own.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

We need 7 points. With our goal difference, only in the unlikeliest of scenarios, less will be good enough unfortunately - and I know it comes down to head to head first but only likely scenario is we’ll at least match the Danes here on in and then they’ll just need a score draw to qualify. It would be a miracle if we didn’t concede to them if they needed goals

If we get 7 points, we will be finishing in the top 2. Even 5 points I'd be happy with, take it to the Denmark game

Edited by t_rAndy - 11 Jun 2019 at 1:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
  Share Topic